How to sell gently used makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay a lot of URBAN DECAY eyeshadows, some discontinued, most never used some were only swatched. I took all them all out of the original packaging  while ago so I don't have it anymore. I was going to dive into doing make more and never did it, so now I am trying to sell. I have had a LOT of issues with Ebay and prefer to find a way to sell, somewhere else other then on there. Listed below is all that I have and would love to know where I can go to list it, as it actually is without issues, and sell them all off. I have plenty of pictures and descriptions of the item. TIA

Hi. I also sell used cosmetics sometimes. But I usually sell it to my friends or relatives. However, I'd love to try selling some items on internet, because now I have a lot and don't need it. Can anyone suggest where I can sell it, e.g. Ebay etc...???

What's wrong with Strivectin, did the company specifically request that their products not be sold? their stuff isn't exactly expensive.

I've never bought makeup from ebay, but I was looking for a discontinued palette the other day and the only one that came up was used--or rather, "swatched". I was debating whether or not it was worth it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ebay doesn't allow the sale of used makeup or skin care.  Even if they did allow it, I would never buy a used cosmetic from Ebay.  Here is their policy page on it.  http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/used-cosmetics.html

I honestly don't know why they prohibit Strivectin.  I can't seem to find an answer to that.  People still list it though, as well as used cosmetics, but it is against the rules.  If Ebay catches it or somebody turns them in, then the seller will have their listing removed and/or have to refund the buyer if they complain.

I contacted the FDA since EBay states on their site it's against the law and that the FDA doesn't allow for it HOWEVER the response from the FDA is that there is no law prohibiting the sell of used cosmetics so long as it's listed that it's used.

The case is that I'm planning to sell not used make-up only.My friend and me are thinking of reselling some makeup. We'd like to start it online, but since both of us have no experience, it would be nice to know where we could do it? (I mean an online marketplace)

Just be aware of the rules of what ever site you decide to sell at. Amazon and EBay don't allow used cosmetics to be sold on their site. If you have a blog you can do a blog sale which is what many bloggers do to get rid of excess stuff they buy and they put a disclaimer if it's used or new.

Thanx. I've read the Ebay rules and found out that they have a commission for sellers. But I tried looking for other marketplaces, and apparently found salecity.me It surprised me by being free of charge. Does anyone use it? I'm afraid it can be fraud...

Latest posts

Back