How to treat dark eye circles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark circles are as sturdy as stretch marks and dealing with them is equally difficult. My sister-in-law has the darkest eye circles and there is almost everything she tried. What worked was some home remedies that are as follows;
- Cucumber
- Tomato
Even cold tea bags on the eyes can help to lighten the dark circles. Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants that increase blood circulation and reduce liquid retention under your skin.

I would love to hear if any of these three has also helped someone here.

When it comes to under eye circles, the problem usually is not discoloration. It is hollowness / loss of volume under the eyes. The best way to combat this is to add volume beneath the eyes with under eye dermal filler. It is safe as long as it's injected by a skilled and trained medical professional. I've been doing it for years and no more under eye bags! Also - if you don't like it, it isn't permanent anyways :)

When it comes to under eye circles, the problem usually is not discoloration. It is hollowness / loss of volume under the eyes. The best way to combat this is to add volume beneath the eyes with under eye dermal filler. It is safe as long as it's injected by a skilled and trained medical professional. I've been doing it for years and no more under eye bags! Also - if you don't like it, it isn't permanent anyways :)
Thank you. That's a great scientific breakthrough, and seems to be the best way, I suppose. For those who are not ready for it, what other ways can you recommend?

Oh great. I did my research on skin rejuvenation treatment. But didn't give too much thought to dark circles.

Try Laser therapy instead. Laser treatments use heat energy to vaporize damaged cells. The darker pigment under the eyes can be targeted. Along with lightening darker skin tones, laser therapy may induce new collagen formation.
Alternatively, chemical peels that include glycolic acid, retinoic acid or hydroquinone also works the best.

Thank you. That's a great scientific breakthrough, and seems to be the best way, I suppose. For those who are not ready for it, what other ways can you recommend?

If you are trying to steer clear from injectables, the best thing to do is to really make sure you're getting plenty of sleep, staying hydrated, investing in quality skin care products, and perhaps looking into some collagen boosting options (maybe even a medical grade facial to improve the overall quality of your skin). But again, when it comes to under eye circles, unless it is pigmentation or discoloration, you could have the best skin care regimen, but it will not reverse that volume loss under the eyes unfortunately.
I would say if you're not ready for fillers etc, maybe try microneedling and explore some medical grade facials to get your feet wet. Maybe this will help ease you in! :)

How to treat dark eye circles?

15 easy steps

1. Exfoliate the skin regularly and wash it with an effective cleanser to make it soft and clear.
2. Make a mixture of two parts of water to one part of fresh lemon juice and wash the skin under the eyes with the mixture.
3. Make a mixture of two parts of cold water to one part of salt. Rub the mixture on your eyelids and wash your eyes with water.
4. To draw freshness to the eye area and eliminate dark circles, mix ½ tsp. of baking soda with ¼ cup of water. The best part of this is that you can carry this with you at all times and apply it anytime you notice dark circles on your skin. This helps to fade and eliminate the dark circles.
5. To make skin fresh, make a mixture of two parts of water to one part of lemon juice and rinse the skin under your eyes with this mixture.
6. You can mix a teaspoon of honey and some vitamin E capsules and rub them gently on the eye areas to make them fresh. You can also use a mixture of honey, rose water, and baking soda for this purpose.
7. To make the eyes radiant and clear, use two drops of lavender oil on your eyes twice a day for at least 10 days. This will make the eye area look and feel fresh.
8. To clean the eye area, make a mixture of three parts of cold water to one part of salt and wash the area with the mixture. Rub it gently with cotton balls. This will freshen your eye area.
9. You can also use a face pack that is composed of a paste made of fresh lemon juice, egg yolk, lemon juice, and olive oil. To make a face pack, mix egg yolk with a little of lemon juice and olive oil. Then add lemon juice and mix well.
10. You can also use a fresh milk face pack for this purpose. This will make your skin look clean and refreshing.
11. Mix a spoon of aloe vera juice and a teaspoon of rose water and rub gently on the eyes. This will make your eyes look radiant.
12. You can also massage your eyes with a mustard paste.
13. You can rub a little turmeric on your eyes. This will help to get rid of the dark circles.
14. You can massage a few drops of almond oil on your eyes, then close them, and leave them in this position for some time. This will also help to get rid of dark circles.
15. You can apply a cold compress to the eyes. Make a mixture of 1/3 cup of ice with ¼ cup of lemon juice and apply it to your eyes for 5 minutes at least twice a day. This will make your eyes fresh and bright.

Dark circles are as sturdy as stretch marks and dealing with them is equally difficult. My sister-in-law has the darkest eye circles and there is almost everything she tried. What worked was some home remedies that are as follows;
- Cucumber
- Tomato
Even cold tea bags on the eyes can help to lighten the dark circles. Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants that increase blood circulation and reduce liquid retention under your skin.

I would love to hear if any of these three has also helped someone here.
At first, only the dark circles and later form a hollow look, creating a bag under your eyes. Bags under the eye form when the muscles and tissues near the eyelids are weakened by age, stress, lack of sleep etc. It is not considered a severe medical issue; however, it badly affects a person who is very aware of their looks. By the way, we all are conscious of that. I saw many replies on this about treating this issue with natural remedies. Of course, they are correct, and we can treat it naturally, but these therapies didn't give any results in some cases, like if the volume under the eye is reduced. Then opted for modern aesthetic treatment lymph drainage therapy in these cases. I did this therapy two years ago and feel better now. I do not believe it will be permanent, but it is safe. After this treatment, I changed my life routines and followed a healthy diet.

I did this therapy two years ago and feel better now. I do not believe it will be permanent, but it is safe. After this treatment, I changed my life routines and followed a healthy diet.
Was it a one-time treatment?

Is It Possible to Remove Dark Circles permanently?
Dark eye circles may not be removed altogether, but several techniques and remedies can help minimize their appearance.
Dark Circles can be lessened by improving dietary habits. Consume a diet that is enriched in vitamin C and iron, curb your salt and alcohol consumption, and Drink plenty of water.

Two more sittings took, after that changed my routines and try to follow the instructions provided by the team. Follows a healthy diet and tracks my sleep also.:)
Great. Treatment and discipline working together?

1655968852370.png

Hope these tips might help:)

To be very frank, the past year of wfh was really tough for my eyes. And I tried so many under-eye serums. Though we were home, we had to take care of our skin and eyes as well. I was lil skeptical about derma lmd eye serum, but it's been some days since I am using it. I can see the change. The best part about this is it's not sticky like other under-eye gel. Loved it totally.❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back