HUGE haul yesterday...kinda unnecessary...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so I'm starting some classes at MUD On Tuesday. Even though I have experience as a MA, I wanna see what I can pick up. I think an artist can always learn, especially from peers- so it should be a fun experience. Anyway, the materials required for the class-well you can get MUD products they have listed or use products that would be comparable. Since I already have a huge kit, I fugured I'd just use stuff I already own...but NOOOO. MY dear BF said why don't you just act like you're starting from scratch and just get what the newbies would be using, so he came with me to the MUD shop credit card in hand
icon_cheesygrin.gif
We bought damn near everything they had in the store!!! I didn't get any of the character or effects makeup stuff, but everything else...and I mean everything...new rolling train case, set bag, brush belt, all of the eyeshadows, blushes, foundations, concealers,highlighters, brushes, lip stuff, liners, and a whole lotta extra junk...I usually have trouble figuring out what products to buy, so I end up buying everything. And my BF doesn't help me AT ALL, in fact he only encourages it.

So I guess I'll be playing this weekend to see about the quality of all this stuff, and then I'll let yall know
wink.gif

Nice BF Envy! If you can , take pictures of the stuff you bought and what you play around with.

Make-up Designory...it's a makeup school out here in LA, but they have one in NY too. They have a shop at both schools and their products are available online through their site as well.

Originally Posted by envymi Make-up Designory...it's a makeup school out here in LA, but they have one in NY too. They have a shop at both schools and their products are available online through their site as well. Oh, cool!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Enjoy the haul & good luck with your classes!
wink.gif

Sounds cool Envymi. Never heard of that brand either.. Have you tried out the products yet. Are they good quality? So what did your bill come to!

The total for everything was almost $1400 and that's with a 40% disount! I tried some of the stuff today. I like the shadows(even though they don't have many colors yet) the blushes are nice too(again, not too many colors) I don't like the way the foundation looks or feels and I definitely don't like the colors of the lipliners...that's all I've tried so far...

Wow! That's amazing. I've got to wonder how long it will take to use up all that stuff.

Originally Posted by envymi The total for everything was almost $1400 and that's with a 40% disount! I tried some of the stuff today. I like the shadows(even though they don't have many colors yet) the blushes are nice too(again, not too many colors) I don't like the way the foundation looks or feels and I definitely don't like the colors of the lipliners...that's all I've tried so far... yay, congrats Envy!
Yea, my kit at Westmore ran about the same... but we didn't get to pick, it came already put together. Did MUD give you a list of requirements/recommendations or do you just gather things on your own?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux yay, congrats Envy!
Yea, my kit at Westmore ran about the same... but we didn't get to pick, it came already put together. Did MUD give you a list of requirements/recommendations or do you just gather things on your own?

They gave me a list of requirements, the makeup on the list was their makeup, but we could've brought in stuff that we already had if it was comparable. I have so much makeup already, I was just gonna use my own stuff. But my man insisted I get what's on the list from them. But then when I got to the shop, they had some colors that weren't on the list that I liked...so we bought everything, even stuff that wasn't on the list. If I had stuck to the list it would've been way under $1000 with the discount. I don't even really like the stuff now that I've tried it...I really won't be using any of it on people for shoots...it will definitely be just for class, but oh well. I might use some of the eyeshadows and blushes. But I did get a new rolling train case(I just bought a new one a couple weeks ago too, but you can never have too many cases
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

The kits for Cosmetology that we used were about $1000 if you weren't enrolling through a high school. They had a lot of students that were adults and the tuitions were rediculously high. Luckily I went through school, so I only had to pay for the kit, and that was only like $400 since I was a student at the time. It's crazy the things they want you to get sometimes, and half the stuff I dont' think we even used more than once. I wouldn't mind a MAC school though!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I wouldn't mind a MAC school though!
wink.gif
Me either, Janelle!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nice haul, envymi!

Latest posts

Back