Huge rave for Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just loving this foundation, too. I put it on in the morning and then I walk 15 minutes to campus in the Fl heat, and it isn't all running down my face. Plus it feels nice on.

Must Must try...thanks for the info. I have a problem making my makeup last all day without touchups.

I have tried other prescriptives before and liked them. This one sounds great, I will have to look into getting a sample!

I have been wearing this one for over a month. A must say that this is the best Px foundation. It gives you a flawless look.

Originally Posted by DCBorn I have been wearing this one for over a month. A must say that this is the best Px foundation. It gives you a flawless look. I agree with you!--and all of you who discovered the new Prescriptives foundation to be something special. I'm new to this group--so, hi!--and also kind of new w/makeup; and am having trouble applying this foundation with a brush, but it does look better that way, so when I have the time, I make some awkward attempts at it...awkward being the most decisive, best-descriptive word, I'm afraid...Any tips, or advice, for ANY kind of makeup application, really? Though I'm thirty two(almost)I feel like makeup is another, beautiful planrt just being accesed by me now--can't believe what has taken me so long to reach this space!...This group is great. When I have the time to, I read every part of it,but have remained shy about casting my own voice out there--I'm glad I did though. lol cranberrycroak

Hi everyone--I'm fairly new to this Forum & have never posted before, but really have wanted too...The perfect chance came with the rave reviews of the newest Prescriptives foundation--I love it too!It is(for now)my all-time favorite foundation, really does make my skin look poreless and smooth, and I have never experienced a heavy or moderate coverage foundation that is so light! I'm still curiuos though--people on this forum really sem to like Chantecaille future skin makeup--what stores can you get this at?What is wonderful about it--obviusly quite a lot, since I do know the price is very high...

Anyway, I would like to say hi to everyone: I'm a 31 year old social worker who is actually fairly new to the world of makeup.Now(it happens so fast!) I'm obsessed/addicted as everyone else in this forum seems to be, and I love my addiction. There are so few beautiful, rewarding addictions in life, almost none--at least, not most of the ones I've witnessed firsthand. So this is a ver special forum. keep it up,and keep enjoying yourselves!(I certainly enjoy bein here. A kind of colorful sanctuary,many different types of people brought together by their interst in the powers and products of transformation, and everyonne is so supportive of one another, reasuring, and kind. That is sort of rare, in the world, to find.

LoL cranberrycroak

p.s.any tips for applying foundation with a brush?I just can't seem to do it right.

Welcome to MuT, cranberrycroak!!
biggrin.gif
Sorry I've no advice on using a foundation brush, as I'm not fabulous at it myself.
redface.gif

Welcome to MuT, cranberrycroak!!
icon_smile.gif
You can find Chantecaille products at Barneys NewYork, Neiman Marcus and also online.

A co-worker gave me a sample yesterday & I love it! Held up throughout the day, didn't get cakey in my dry areas... What amazed me the most that it felt really light weight as I applied it but still covered my blemishes. Wow!

I love the flawless foundation by Prescriptives. I have it in the cream shade. I previously used the virtual skin foundation. This is much better! It stays on all day. Less is more. This bottle will last a long time. Macy's is having a gift at Prescriptives if you buy the Flawless Foundation.

Just curious, is this makeup blended to match skin tone? If not has anyone had good luck with Perscrptives custom blend??? I have always wanted to try it.

Originally Posted by korinne Just curious, is this makeup blended to match skin tone? If not has anyone had good luck with Perscrptives custom blend??? I have always wanted to try it. The flawless finish is not custom blended. They colorprint you...I am in the yellow/orange category. Once you know that, they pick out a foundation from their samples. My foundation is in Cream. I have never done the custom blend from Prescriptives. I know it is expensive.

If you want to try the flawless finish, ask for a sample. Also, at Macy's, if you purchase the flawless foundation, there is a free gift.

Good luck!

MaryEllen

there is a counter at the local mall, so I am going to check it out this weekend. I am in the market for a new foundation. thanks for the reviews!

Right girls, i need some help. Prescriptives isn't available in Ireland but my sister is going to the US in a few weeks and i'm gonna get her to get this for me. I dont know which shade i'd use though. Can anyone suggest one for me? Here's what i use in other foundation

Lancome Adaptive 02

Estee Lauder DoubleWear in Fresco

Bare Minerals 2.3

Laura, I don't know what shade would be for Prescriptives but if your sis tells the Sa the info below, sa can compare the shades and get you the right shade. I hope you like it and we can cp it for you when you finish the bottle.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Right girls, i need some help. Prescriptives isn't available in Ireland but my sister is going to the US in a few weeks and i'm gonna get her to get this for me. I dont know which shade i'd use though. Can anyone suggest one for me? Here's what i use in other foundation
Lancome Adaptive 02

Bare Minerals 2.3

Originally Posted by Laura Right girls, i need some help. Prescriptives isn't available in Ireland but my sister is going to the US in a few weeks and i'm gonna get her to get this for me. I dont know which shade i'd use though. Can anyone suggest one for me? Here's what i use in other foundation
Lancome Adaptive 02

Bare Minerals 2.3

Hi!
icon_biggrin.gif
Here is what I reccomend doing: Go to Prescriptives.com and look under Foundation. It will show you all 30 shades of Prescriptives Flawless Foundation, and you can make your closest choice of a shade, without actually being there--in a department store I mean. I have chosen shades of foundations for myself from off of websites as well, twice, and it did work out for me. The Best of Luck!

Lancome Adaptive 02

Bare Minerals 2.3

Hi Laura. Try going to www.prescriptives.com and pick a few shades. Then have your sister pick you up some samples when she comes to the US. You can try them and see if you like any of them. If you do, order it online. If you don't, you aren't out the $40.
If you are having a problem finding a shade online, I would email customer service at Prescriptives. I emailed them the other day and they got back to me within a few hours.

Good luck!

MaryEllen

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi!
icon_biggrin.gif
Here is what I reccomend doing: Go to Prescriptives.com and look under Foundation. It will show you all 30 shades of Prescriptives Flawless Foundation, and you can make your closest choice of a shade, without actually being there--in a department store I mean. I have chosen shades of foundations for myself from off of websites as well, twice, and it did work out for me. The Best of Luck! Wow, you are lucky! I have been to the department stores and had sales associates match my color, and I've still bought foundations and concealors that ended up not matching my skintone! I will never order foundation online without trying it in real life first! (Plus, when I look at the same website on two different computers, the colors often look different on the different screens!)

Originally Posted by girl_geek Wow, you are lucky! I have been to the department stores and had sales associates match my color, and I've still bought foundations and concealors that ended up not matching my skintone! I will never order foundation online without trying it in real life first! (Plus, when I look at the same website on two different computers, the colors often look different on the different screens!) Hi--Good point! Actually, come to think of it, I have NEVER bought a foundation online that I have not already used(or at least used the same brand's exact shade, even though the formula may have been slightly different--)I'm talking about Prescrptives, specifically,actually--I have very pale skin, and some brands I adore(Este Lauder, Clinique, etc.) don't even make light enough foundation shades for me.
icon_cry.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I'm fairly faithful(or resigned)to Prescriptives. Damn, I hope that didn't make my answer seem misleading--I better clarify.But you are right--I wouldn't buy an unknown foundation brand going by screen shade. The reasons I would and have done it, though, ONCE, is that I really dislike department stores(I'm prone to these absurd but awful anxiety attacks in them).Also, I couldn't find the brand in any local shopping centers. It was "Nars"-- and I actually did buy it blindly, over Sephora--just plunged in. I guess I decided I can pretty much just TELL I'll be a brand's lightest foundation shade--no matter what--and the undertones and everything looked similar to my skin. And in this case, I WAS lucky--I had a match. (Though we broke up soon after; short tedious story.)You are right though--how different the foundation's color so often looks offscreen from onscreen. Anyway, I love makeup so much that I overcome my fear of crowds/stores and go shopping anyway(valiant & noble, right?)--even when,as usual,I don't have all that much money to spend...I just love poring over the makeup,like each item is a gem,or a whole in treasure in itself,or oh somebody stop me, I'm getting ridiculous here. (If it were only just here!)
confused.gif

Thank you for catching me on something so important. Hope to see you again soon; take care--

Back