Humming Bird in my garden

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were actually 3 or 4 around today and when 2 got there at the same time they would chase each other all over the place!! lol

Karren

Great video! I love hummingbirds.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree! I'm glad you shared it with us Karren, thank you! Yeah!! Peaceful looking.. Lol. The son picked a great time to mow but the humming birds don't care.. The original is a lot clearer but its also 50 meg so I use XP's movie make to save it as a wmf and reduce the size to 5 meg..
Going to try it again this weekend and see if I can get 2 or 3 there at the same time..

Karren

I love hummingbirds! I've noticed, generally before something awesome happens for me, I see a hummingbird. Damned things will scare me since they get so close and sound so loud!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love hummingbirds! I've noticed, generally before something awesome happens for me, I see a hummingbird. Damned things will scare me since they get so close and sound so loud! Lol... They can sneak up on you too!! We saw the wierdest thing in Wisconsin one vacation.. Came up on us fast and flew like a humming bird but wasn't one.. I knew it wasn't a bird but had no clue what it was.Turned out to be a Sphinx moth.. Strangest thing I've ever seen...

Karren

growing up we always had several humming bird feeders in our front yard. they are so beautiful. there used to be so many of them feeding in the evenings. . .

I love it when the hummingbirds come around. Mine are here late spring to early summer. BTW Karren , I like your new avatar pic.

So pretty, I once saw a raccoon in my backyard and occasionally I'll see a blue jay and a red robin.....I live in Brooklyn so to me that's really odd.......lol

Wow I would love to see a hummingbird they don't exist here, I remember when I was about 10 I thought I'd seen one but it actually was a Sphynx moth I was so excited lol.

I had to modify our garbage can because a raccoon has been getting into it lately.. Last night we had bats and an owl... Deer are like rodents here.. Once in a while one of the farmers cow will hop the fence and you can hear him mooing down the street... Lol

We only have the ruby throated humming bird here.. Out west they have a ton of different varieties.. And they will only be here for another month before they head south for the winter.. Hope to set up the camera near one of our other feeders and just let it run.. Maybe get a Humming bird turf war movie or two!! . They are cute but the definately don't like each other very much!!

My wife bought a few new red flowering plants so they could have something else to eat.. Not much flowers in August here that they like..

We also have sighted an eagle lately.. And have a bumch of hawks.. The hawks like to swoop down and pluck sparrows off the bird feeder.. Pooooffff and a bunch of feathers go flying.. Guess everyone has to eat?

Karren

They are such lovely birds! Thanks for sharing the video with us. We don't get hummingbirds here.

that's so cute !! i wish we had pretty birds here too, in Paris we're invaded by pigeons, stupid animals.

Latest posts

Back