Hurricane Charley

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, Harleymom! I'm in Largo (Pinellas County) and about 1.5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. We aren't in the flood zones because we're on a ridge but still we'll be hit with those 4"-8" rains and 100+mph winds tomorrow.
icon_eek.gif
We live where the lil' star is.

us_in_a_nutshell.GIF

Hey Kitty, I'm in Ocala and I guess we may get 70mph winds here plus flooding, I have family in Tampa and most of them have been evacuated. I went to the grocery store earlier and the lines were backed up all the way to the back of the store. I've been here all my life so I've been through this before. We got all the patio furniture and outdoor stuff put away and are just hoping it doesn't get too bad, not looking forward to losing power for heaven knows how long either. Good luck Kitty, you stay safe.

Here they come! Take cover ok?

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860

Hi Friends, Looks like we are in the path here, please keep us in your prayers.

My parents and church family are in the Brooksville/Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee area, in Hernando County, an hour north of Tampa, and just south of Ocala. I have many friends in Lakeland, as well. I'm definitely praying!!! My mom works in an elementary school, and school is closed tomorrow!

We will definitely pray for you. Keep us posted what's happening over there please.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) We will definitely pray for you. Keep us posted what's happening over there please. ditto!

Welcome to MakeupTalk Serene!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SeReNe512

will b prayin for u girlie... join here as soon as i read tt u'r here! =P btw... i replied to ur mail. gtg for a late shower now! catch ya again soon! (((hugzzZ)))

Welcome to MuT Serene512! Not sure who you're addressing here, but it's awesome that you're here!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SeReNe512 will b prayin for u girlie... join here as soon as i read tt u'r here! =P btw... i replied to ur mail. gtg for a late shower now! catch ya again soon! (((hugzzZ)))

Ahh cool! Yep, laura127 is awesome. I think she's my sis - or at least we're starting to think we're related! Hee hee!!! Welcome, welcome!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SeReNe512 TY! was reccomended to this site by laura127! *love this girlie to bits* =P

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I hear ya, Harleymom! I'm in Largo (Pinellas County) and about 1.5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. We aren't in the flood zones because we're on a ridge but still we'll be hit with those 4"-8" rains and 100+mph winds tomorrow.
icon_eek.gif
We live where the lil' star is.

us_in_a_nutshell.GIF

Sending out good vibes to our Florida girls..I hope it doesn't hit you too hard..And I was stressing about the rain NC was supposed to get..I feel petty..LOL..Stay safe and dry!!

Right now it's 5:00 p.m. and fortunately (for us in Pinellas Co.) the hurricane landed several hours south. We're expecting squalls and heavy rainfall tonight, but at least we won't be in the path of Charley. Harleymom...be safe!!!

Hi again Kitty, hope you are doing OK and thank you all for your prayers. We faired OK where I am, mostly rain and a little wind, a few tornadoes around the area too, but thank heavens we didn't get Charley like they thought we would, had the hurricane come in at Tampa Bay like they thought it was going to, we would have been one of the areas hardest hit. Unfortunetly Charley hit hard though in a lot of counties just to the south and south west of us, and they are afraid that many people have lost their lives, hundreds of people have lost their homes and so far the state has estimated 15 billion dollars in damages. Take care all and thanks again for your prayers.

Hi Harleymom - glad to hear you're okay! It seems we both were very fortunate. Last evening about 7:00 p.m. my husband and I went for a walk on the beach. It was overcast and very windy, but our area never received the rains or gusts of wind that one would expect from a tropical storm. As with any tropical storm, you never know what's going to happen. Take care!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by SeReNe512 will b prayin for u girlie... join here as soon as i read tt u'r here! =P btw... i replied to ur mail. gtg for a late shower now! catch ya again soon! (((hugzzZ))) WOAH, my girlie has arrived! Girls, i'd like to introduce y'all to my bestest buddy SeReNe. Met her only a few months back on MUA but we're the bestest buddies ever now. Delighted u joined up girlie. PS. I didnt get ur mail yet??? Talk soon
smile.gif

USA'ers.. i just saw a news report on Hurrican Charley & boy does it look scary. I hope it doesnt affect ye badly. My prayers are with ye all

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi again Kitty, hope you are doing OK and thank you all for your prayers. We faired OK where I am, mostly rain and a little wind, a few tornadoes around the area too, but thank heavens we didn't get Charley like they thought we would, had the hurricane come in at Tampa Bay like they thought it was going to, we would have been one of the areas hardest hit. Unfortunetly Charley hit hard though in a lot of counties just to the south and south west of us, and they are afraid that many people have lost their lives, hundreds of people have lost their homes and so far the state has estimated 15 billion dollars in damages. Take care all and thanks again for your prayers. Well it's all over the news and we are watching and praying. The more the better. Glad you are relatively unscathed. I will keep praying for certain. Cali

Just wanted to let you know that the people of Scotland also hope and pray for everyone's safety. HC has been heavily documented on the News.We send our good wishes and compassion for all those affected.

Latest posts

Back