Hurricane Katrina Photos

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are whoa
icon_eek.gif

I am sitting here watching the news coverage and I am absolutely bawling! It is so hearbreaking to see these people with their children and these elderly people who are just dying minute after minute because of the heat and being starved and dehydrated. I so wish there was something I could do but it seems like all of the money and supplies that people have donated aren't getting there.

its so horrible - have you seen on the news people smashing windows adn burning things done - i dont understand when you have lost everything why would you destroy the few things you have left?

they are probably busting in places to get supplies and burning things down to get attention to that area. I'm sure it's all out of severe frustration.

Originally Posted by tashbash they are probably busting in places to get supplies and burning things down to get attention to that area. I'm sure it's all out of severe frustration. that's the thing, they're not looting for supplies. people are looting liek jewelry stores and boxes and of shoes and stuff like that. they're breaking into ATMs and breaking into other people's houses.

That's just sick! They said that there have been murders and rapes going on everywhere! It must absolutely be hell on earth down there!

sometimes i really wonder why such bad people live.

those pics are so heartbreaking. i was just talking to my mom about how all these natural disasters are a sign for something - and not something good. it's because we live in a world with sick people.

desperate times create desperate people... raping and murdering aside, these people are PISSED and i don't blame them... this happened on monday and here it is 4 days later and they are living in situations that are just as bad if not worse than the 3rd world countries we tsk tsk over... they have people literally dying all around them... not to mention the dead bodies that are still just waiting to be removed... their government is very slowly making their way to selectively help people because they did not have a contingency plan for their own country... yet it was already known that should a major storm head toward NO, they were going to be sunk... yet all the money that was supposed to be used to protect that area was siphoned out for, what else, Bush's WAR... so now he has a second war to contend with, a war between nature and the people, and what looks to be a civil war in the making... i have so much compassion for those people and if i could be there doing something, i would... but, as far as the lawlessness, it's borne of sheer desperation and if they had a government who cared, they may not be so lawless...

man, i'm so hopped up on this... but this is something that i feel so strongly about... so that's my peace... if i offended, accept my apologies now...

Hey, the authorities told them to get out. Oh QurlyS, what channel did you hear that all the money was siphoned from New Orleans to fight a war against terrorists? Lemme guess, CNN? lol

Please....Don't get me started about "Bush's war". Don't let this hurricane become Bush's Fault. That is rediculous. come on

It's so heartbreaking and sad seeing and hearing about all the pain, suffering and loss the people affected by the hurricane are going through. I get very upset when I see women with babies and small children just struggling to survive. I just cannot fathom what they're going through. I've been counting my blessings and realizing how lucky we are.

It's not much, but a few of the other moms from my son's 1st grade class and I are starting a small donation drive. This way our kids can try and understand the catastrophe, and learn compassion by giving to the victims that have lost everything. I realize the first priority of the rescue workers is to have enough financial resources to give people their primary needs. But after that, you have to realize these people don't even have a clean pair of underwear. Hopefully, our donations of clothing and toys will be of use.

I even saw a soldier rescuing a small baby who was completely naked. The poor thing didn't even have a diaper on.

Did anyone see Harry Coniick Jr's interview this morning? Broke my heart. I have been obsessed with the news.

Originally Posted by Marisol

Did anyone see Harry Coniick Jr's interview this morning? Broke my heart. I have been obsessed with the news.

what happened to him?

He is a NO native and he was there since yesterday... his voice is gone and he looks like $hit. He was at the Superdome trying to see people and he couldn't understand what is taking so long for the people to get help.

Here is the link to the video.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hey, the authorities told them to get out. Oh QurlyS, what channel did you hear that all the money was siphoned from New Orleans to fight a war against terrorists? Lemme guess, CNN? lol
Please....Don't get me started about "Bush's war". Don't let this hurricane become Bush's Fault. That is rediculous. come on

the money part came from a piece written by Sidney Blumenthal.... and i never said the hurricane itself was bush's fault... however, if his attentions were on his country (including the problems with the NO levee system) then a lot of the aftermath could have been avoided... it has been widely reported that the levees weren't meant to withstand more than a cat 3... the storm was being predicted as a cat 4 before it got there... had the army corp of engineers been given proper funding then maybe things wouldn't have been so catastrophic...

OH...ok..Thanks for saying.

I am just sick and tired of hearing that it's his fault with comments here and there regarding him and this disaster. The distain for President Bush is terrible so much that people are blaming him for this. It is utterly rediculous. I can tell you that politician/law makers are constantly moving monies around to fund this project and fund that project....PLUS remove funding for this and that. Shit like that happens all the time. Did anyone see this CAT5 comin'? No they didn't...but now that it came I am hearing allot that Bush is at fault for this and that. I have no idea why we cannot just pull together as one and deal with it without blame being forthcoming. I mean if you really think about it, Slick Willie had his chance to take out OSAMA and decided not to do so all in the midst of Monica Lewisky we wouldn't even be in Iraq and no one could blame him for the hurricane lol.

Latest posts

Back