Hurricane Rita Tracker Thread -now a category 5 hurricane

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This time the people better leave when told so!

Let's track this hurricane here

4-rita1.jpg

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-ir4-loop.html

20.jpg

Holy crap.. i hope it doesnt cause as much destruction as Katrina. *prayers for anyone in the path of Rita*

Originally Posted by Naturally Let's hope it keeps going towards the west side and peters out before getting there! I read on MSNBC how the Head FEMA guy told those coming back to NO ..to stay away ..and Nagin blasted him for it! HELLO ...if you are told to leave ...GO! What did you NOT learn from Katrina? It's a category 5 now. Cnn said if it hits bad, gas could go up to 5 dollars a gallon. I better fill up, I live in Florida and my city was out of fuel for a week when Katrina came b/c of all the evacuees that came.

yea, we are pretty nervous in Houston. Traffic has been horrific on Interstate 45 since 6:00 a.m. People are definitely heeding the warning and evacuating. My dad, uncle and Grandmother live close to Galveston and there is a mandatory evacuation in their cities. They will be coming here to Houston with my sister and myself. But if the Hurricane stays as powerful as it is we will be leaving too.

Hi, I was just wondering if there is people from Texas here. They said Rita will be the most devastating hurricane that even hit Texas. I just heard on the news it may affect Austin too.

I can only hope people actually listen and get out this time. That looks like it's going to hit hard. Wasn't Katrina a category 4?

I'm going grocery shopping today and gonna stock up on batteries. We are supposed to get some high winds and storms this weekend with possible power outages. Thankfully, we have gas instead of electric!

Take care Devin & all the other MuT girls that are in that area..

Reija has been in Dallas, Texas all week
icon_eek.gif

She leaves Friday night!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Laura

Take care Devin & all the other MuT girls that are in that area..

Hopefully she gets out of there in time...
icon_eek.gif
Wow. This one looks bad. I hope everyone stays safe!!!
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back