Husband charged in death of pregnant woman

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Source: MSN/Sympatico

Husband charged in death of pregnant woman

02/10/2007 7:34:42 PM

Toronto police have charged a man with second-degree murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of his pregnant common-law wife.

The 25-year-old victim, Aysun Sesen, was seven months pregnant. Her baby did not survive.

Police were called to 74 Whitburn Cres., in the Keele Street and Sheppard Avenue area, just after 1 a.m. Tuesday after receiving a call about a stabbing.

When paramedics arrived, they took the woman to hospital, but she succumbed to her injuries. An emergency caesarean section was performed, but the baby could not be rescued, police said.

The suspect's 44-year-old mother was also stabbed in the incident. She was taken to hospital with a "very severe wound to her arm," Det. Sgt. Gary Grinton told reporters at a press conference.

The mother will likely undergo plastic surgery Tuesday or Wednesday. Detectives were unable to speak to her because she was under heavy sedation.

The 29-year-old suspect faces a charge of aggravated assault in connection with the attack on his mother. He lives in the home where the grisly crimes occurred.

Police have not yet released a motive, but said it was possible the couple recently broke up.

There were no prior incidents of violence at the house, investigators said.

While Sesen and her baby were both killed, police can only lay one charge of murder.

"The law in Canada doesn't allow for the killing of an unborn fetus," Grinton said.

Police said the suspect is a carpenter but was off work and on compensation.

Neighbours said the couple had been living at the home for a short time and appeared happy.

"Everybody is basically saying on the street that he was proud to be a father," one woman told CTV News.

Charged is Turan Cocelli. He is to appear at the Finch Avenue courts on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.

The death is the city's 64th homicide of 2007.

OMG thats awlful. She was 7 months along they should charge him with the babys murder too, thats what they do here in the US. What goes through a persons mind when they do this stuff? I couldn't even begin to imagine. And he stabbed his own mother!!! I hope she is doing okay. That man has got some serious issues.

What is up with all the pregnant woman murders the last few years? It's horrible.

Wow something really set him off. I just don't think I could ever get angry enough to commit such a crime. I hope not anyway. Thats just terrible.

I think i remember hearing that pregnant women have a higher murder rate, meaning being killed than those who are not. crazy.

well you know when that whole lacy petterson case came out they said that the highest cause for death in pregnant women was NOT from comlications but by MURDER!!! isnt that crazy?

Yeah, i heard about this one, very sad
frown.gif

Wow. What has the world come to now these days. He needs to be locked up for good. If it was here in the US he would be charged with the death of the unborn baby. Stupid bastard.

Latest posts

Back