Hypothetical Situation of the day [Aug 25th]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ivette /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would have to take it back
iagree.gif

I would ring up and ask if they'd lost a bag as well, and if they had then I'd return it. Basically, I work in retail and we get heaps and heaps of items handed in that no one ever collects... we end up having to throw them away, and if you keep them, at least SOMEONE is getting the use out of them. But I'd ring first.

I'd have to take them back, although I'd be really embarrassed to go back in. I like the idea of calling and asking if someone's missing a bag, but I think I wouldn't be able to keep it no matter what. If they accidentally didn't ring me up for some of the stuff I'd bought and I didn't notice until I get home then I'd just say f*** it and keep the product/not tell them, because it's their screw up (happened to me once).

Ahhhh-take it back-but be sure they knew what I did and what a fine person I was to do such an honest thing. LOL (May a gift or something). With my luck, if I didn't return it, I would be allergic to MAC the rest of my days--not worth it. Take it back-but look angelic while you do it.

Keep it mostly because I'm too lazy to take it back! To make up for it, I'd do something really nice for someone. I don't go to the MAC counter that often so I doubt I'd be "tagged." Plus, I figure, who puts their bags RIGHT next to mine anyway? If you're going to be dumb you deserve it, plus it's not like I took it on purpose, it was an accident. That's my reasoning!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would take it back, even though they do throw away all of the products that are returned. My conscience would bug me too much to keep it, however. ditto for me

Back