Hypothetical Situation of the Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, I look for a wire to make sure its not a prank. Then I look to see if it has any friends. Unfortunately, if nobody else is around I'm not going to go up to strangers saying, "Is this your $100 bill?" Then I'm going out and spending it on something completely frivolous.

Originally Posted by JennyMcL /img/forum/go_quote.gif First, I look for a wire to make sure its not a prank. Then I look to see if it has any friends. Unfortunately, if nobody else is around I'm not going to go up to strangers saying, "Is this your $100 bill?" Then I'm going out and spending it on something completely frivolous. ditto !

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would save about half of it and spend the rest. same here

If I didn't see it fall from someone's wallet or pocket, then I would pick it up and spend it right away probably.

Originally Posted by JennyMcL /img/forum/go_quote.gif First, I look for a wire to make sure its not a prank. Then I look to see if it has any friends. Unfortunately, if nobody else is around I'm not going to go up to strangers saying, "Is this your $100 bill?" Then I'm going out and spending it on something completely frivolous. Yup, Ditto!

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I didn't see it fall from someone's wallet or pocket, then I would pick it up and spend it right away probably. Same here. As Jenny said you aren't gonna be running up to people asking if they lost $100. It would be "found" money and I would spend it.

ill take it

and fill my friend pridgh with food

he only eat snacks

and ill invite him to a restaurant

if no one were around looking like they lost it I'd either donate it to the local food bank or the local animal shelter...

Karren

Well, that's about £50 over here so we'll say a £50 note. If I didn't actually see anyone drop it then I'd go to a bank to get it changed to smaller notes (shops don't generally take £50 notes here). Then I'd probably head to TkMaxx and see if there was anything I fancied.

If "found money" ever comes my way (literally or metaphorically), I like to do something nice for other people. It replinishes my good karma.

I'd take it... believe me, i know for a fact that i dropped two fifty dollar bills (rolled up together) about a year or so ago. I worked a big party at the restaurant and carried my money out with me... instead of putting it in my wallet. Getting into my car, I must of dropped it. It was gone.

So yeah. I'm sure someone got to go shopping with my money.

Another time someone stole $250 out of my wallet when i dropped it. I realized within a few minutes, but as soon as i went back to get my wallet... they left my wallet, but when I opened it, the $250.00 was gone. Oh, well actually $245.00 was gone, they left me 5 bucks. All my info was in my wallet too. A decent person would have returned it. In that case, I would have. I think we all would.

If I found a $100.00 bill on the sidewalk (no wallet) I would wait to see if someone came back frantically looking for it. If nobody claims it I would keep it. If I found money in a wallet I would try to find the owners address/phone number or turn it into a police station.

if i could tell someone obviously dropped it I'd give it back, otherwise keep it and maybe do something nice with the bf with it? maybe dinner
smile.gif

or maybe go buy shoes. LOL

Originally Posted by JennyMcL /img/forum/go_quote.gif First, I look for a wire to make sure its not a prank. Then I look to see if it has any friends. Unfortunately, if nobody else is around I'm not going to go up to strangers saying, "Is this your $100 bill?" Then I'm going out and spending it on something completely frivolous. Pretty much! The day I get that lucky, the first thing I'd do is buy a lottery ticket LOL!

I'd make sure no one nearby had dropped it. Sure, they could lie and say they did, when they didn't. But, there was an incident at the Wal-Mart here in town where a 9 year old dropped a ziploc baggie in the parking lot. It had $150 in it that he'd been saving all summer. The security cameras showed it drop, a college student walking by picks it up, puts it in his pocket, unloads his carts, gets in his jeep, counts the money and drives away. It was in the newspaper, the local tv news - the guy eventually turned himself in and returned the money. I don't think he was charged with anything, though last I had heard the prosecutor was still reviewing the case.

Treat myself and maybe my bf (mayybeee lol) to dinner like at Chilis or On the Border, one of those inexpensive restaurants and then on the weekend do some shopping and probably spend way more than what is left of that $100!

Latest posts

Back