I´m such a slacker!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It´s 10:30am here, I´m still on my summer break and I made a plan to go to the hospital today to type in patient files for my diploma paper project.

Actually I came to Vienna...um... monday last week (!) to do so, but so far I haven´t done anything. Not that I absolutely have to right now, but it´d be nice to get something done.

So all I`ve done is sit at home, eat chocolate, watch TV and sleep. And guess what, it feels awesome!!! lol

But because of all the laziness my sleeping schedule is all messed up, and I´m awake till 3am or later at night, which really sucks. And I get insanely bored because nothing is on TV, all my friends are on vacation or god knows where, and I`ve already gone through all the new threads on here.

So here I am sitting in front of my laptop hoping somebody posts a new thread on MuT so I can have 5more min until I go to the hospital and actually DO something.

I´m a bit
vogel.gif
right?

Lool, I'm like that sometimes. I plan to start any coursework early, but it never works... I always end up leaving it to later. I suppose it must be down to the starsign I am (Cancer). Loool, excuses, excuses. I hope you get the patient files completed
smile.gif

hahahah andi, ur too funny.

I get like that all the time, and its hard to rest especially with a lil rug rut who gets into everything lol.

Enjoy the piece and quiet while it lasts, always good to have a break from things!!

Sounds like the perfect life to me!! If I didn't have anyone pushing me to get stuff done I'm afraid I'd fall into the same routine as you are.. Just hope you don't run out of chocolate!! Lol

Karren

Ahh! I was going to bring my Hershey's bar to work and that's what I forgot!

Haha, we all have lazy days now and then, it's okay Andi, there's always tomorrow lol!

Don't forget to read a bunch of magazines as well. That sounds like a perfect day to me!

I'm the same way... We work too much, we should be allowed to slack off too.
smile.gif

Ha, the funny things is...I finished typing in all my files today. It was a lot less than I thought, and now I`m done for now cause my professor is on vacation and he´s the one who should bring me new files.

And I was dreading to get it done for a week-and it only took me a couple of hours. I am pretty embarrassed now.
vogel.gif

LOL Andi,I am so glad your done with it for now,I bet you feel better now that you can slack in peace
biggrin.gif

i'm doing the same exact thing....which is staying up 3 am on my laptop bored and procrastinating during the day

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ha, the funny things is...I finished typing in all my files today. It was a lot less than I thought, and now I`m done for now cause my professor is on vacation and he´s the one who should bring me new files.
And I was dreading to get it done for a week-and it only took me a couple of hours. I am pretty embarrassed now.
vogel.gif

That's exactly how I feel all the time when I work (or try to work) on my Ph.D. I find excuses to do anything but write (watching TV or renting DVDs is my number one on my list), but when I finally overcome my unwillingness (because it seems soooo much work to do), I'm newly astonshed every time how easy it gets when you just get into it again. The hours pass so quickly and I get so much done.
*hehe* I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on this. Well, let's see whether I'll be able to conquer "meinen inneren Schweinehund" still today
wink.gif

Originally Posted by veilchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's exactly how I feel all the time when I work (or try to work) on my Ph.D. I find excuses to do anything but write (watching TV or renting DVDs is my number one on my list), but when I finally overcome my unwillingness (because it seems soooo much work to do), I'm newly astonshed every time how easy it gets when you just get into it again. The hours pass so quickly and I get so much done.
*hehe* I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on this. Well, let's see whether I'll be able to conquer "meinen inneren Schweinehund" still today
wink.gif

haha, der innnere Schweinehund stirbt zuletzt

Well I'm the exact same way but it's great you got it done already, there's nothing better than to do nothing knowing you did everything you had to do.

Btw, I'm so curious, what does that mean?

Umm, it's quite difficult to translate as it seems that there's no real equivalent in English, at least not as far as I know. "Schweinehund" is some kind of kinky beast inside yourself, something that causes a blockade whenever you would need some drive to do something so that you end up doing nothing. E.g. you know you should work out but this little monster inside your head tells you to postpone it for whatever reason (laziness, ...). I fear it loses some of its wit in translation.

Originally Posted by veilchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Umm, it's quite difficult to translate as it seems that there's no real equivalent in English, at least not as far as I know. "Schweinehund" is some kind of kinky beast inside yourself, something that causes a blockade whenever you would need some drive to do something so that you end up doing nothing. E.g. you know you should work out but this little monster inside your head tells you to postpone it for whatever reason (laziness, ...). I fear it loses some of its wit in translation. Like a little imp ? Or that little devil that goes against the little angel of your conscience?

i would love love love to do that. i miss relaxing, i haven't relaxed in months. I have been working my butt off and I have been going to grad school and i just moved in with my boyfriend...can someone say stress?

Latest posts

Back