I am down another 7 lbs. on Nutri System

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congratulations!

what kind of food is this? is it freeze dried? hoping it is something i would like to try.

Originally Posted by glamslam Just a little update, I am down another 7 lbs, for a total of 18. I started Nutri- System on April 10th. Pretty good results so far! I am definetly amped to keep going! 18 lbs. isn't much on me, since I have so much to lose still, but I do feel my clothes are getting looser. YAY!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey guys, here's the latest. I have lost 35 lbs. so far. Pretty pleased with that! But I am NOT sticking to the diet lately, because I moved and my life is still in utter chaos. I can't seem to catch up on things, there's still boxes of crap everywhere and I am too overwhelmed to pay attention to my diet! I'm eating the NS food but I'm not eating enough fresh fruits and veggies. I can really tell a difference, I get constipated and feel sluggush. But I continue to go down about a pound a week (used to be like 3 to 5 lbs a week). I'm still not exercising...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, a lot of the food is freeze-dried. It's all shelf stable, no refrigeration needed. Some are ready to eat right out of the package, some are dried and you add boiling water, and some are almost ready to eat but just need to be heated in the microwave. For example there's 1 entree that's a beef patty, it's so weird, it just looks like this dried up leathery thing, but you soak it in boiling water for 2 minutes and it totally becomes this juicy tasty patty. Just slap it on a bun with lots of lettuce and tomato, a little condiments of your choice, and you'd never guess it was freeze dried. Not all the food is that good tho.

Liz, what's great about this plan is it truly does step up the metabolism. So it may be what you're looking for in terms of that extra "edge".
icon_smile.gif
It sounds like you're doing everything right to be healthy! Unlike me.

Thanks girls for tha love!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

wow.. i always wondered if that program was any good... i think i've tried so many things that that's going to be one of the last on my list... and hopefully it'll be the last because it WORKED!!!... my problem is always sticking to stuff... but CONGRATULATIONS on your loss so far!!!!! ...
claps.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Hey guys, here's the latest. I have lost 35 lbs. so far. Pretty pleased with that! But I am NOT sticking to the diet lately, because I moved and my life is still in utter chaos. I can't seem to catch up on things, there's still boxes of crap everywhere and I am too overwhelmed to pay attention to my diet! I'm eating the NS food but I'm not eating enough fresh fruits and veggies. I can really tell a difference, I get constipated and feel sluggush. But I continue to go down about a pound a week (used to be like 3 to 5 lbs a week). I'm still not exercising...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, a lot of the food is freeze-dried. It's all shelf stable, no refrigeration needed. Some are ready to eat right out of the package, some are dried and you add boiling water, and some are almost ready to eat but just need to be heated in the microwave. For example there's 1 entree that's a beef patty, it's so weird, it just looks like this dried up leathery thing, but you soak it in boiling water for 2 minutes and it totally becomes this juicy tasty patty. Just slap it on a bun with lots of lettuce and tomato, a little condiments of your choice, and you'd never guess it was freeze dried. Not all the food is that good tho.

Liz, what's great about this plan is it truly does step up the metabolism. So it may be what you're looking for in terms of that extra "edge".
icon_smile.gif
It sounds like you're doing everything right to be healthy! Unlike me.

Thanks girls for tha love!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

WTG Jess!!!
claps.gif
You're doing really well! Thats a nice amt. of weight to lose in only like 3-4 months!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I wish I had your dicipline!!
icon_redface.gif

And ya know it's funny... my friend lost 110 lbs. just by cutting portions in half, (eating 6 mini meals) and going to Curves 3-4 times a week... she looks great! I think all you really need is a good diet, and the rest will just fall into place
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And ya know it's funny... my friend lost 110 lbs. just by cutting portions in half, (eating 6 mini meals) and going to Curves 3-4 times a week... she looks great! I think all you really need is a good diet, and the rest will just fall into place
wink.gif
That is amazing! Congrats to your friend.

Congratulations Girl! Way to go!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ime sure you will think of a nice treat for yourself, you deserve it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

Well altogether I lost 33 pounds. It took about 3 months. I lost it fast because I really stuck to the diet and was really "good". But the NS food is not that great to begin with, and after 3 months I was totally sick to death of it. I literally couldn't swallow some of it anymore, it made me gag. I slowly weaned myself off of the NS food by replacing more of it with normal food little by little. I also started drinking Slim-Fast Optima (a low-glycemic version of Slim-Fast made with Splenda, it's really good) once or twice a day. Once I was totally off the NS food, I found that I gained 5 lbs. almost immediately, but I have stabalized now. My goal is to lose 50 more lbs. I want to do it with a low-glycemic plan but not NS. I want to stick with eating real food, so I'm trying to find a plan that has easy meal ideas since I have NO time to cook. Maybe Weight Watchers has a low-glycemic plan now?? And, I want to start incorporating exercise since I didn't before. It's hard to exercise when you're a large person. Now that I've lost some weight and some stress is off my knees and ankles, I feel more ready to get active.

awesome results and congrats! my mom is currently in her 2nd week of nutrisystem and is loving it so far!~ wish i had the money to do it!

WOW, thanks for posting your progress! I have been eyeing Nutri System too but I have been without a FT job for some time and spending that kind of money and not knowing is pretty scarey. I start my new job next week tho and plan to get on SOME sort of plan.....I wish I could afford Seattle Sutton. I know 2 people who recently went on their 2000 calorie plans....one lost 18 lbs in 2 weeks (and he wasn't big to begin with) and the other lost 30 Lbs in 3 weeks!...neither exercised, it's all a matter of the proper foods and portions. They said the food was pretty good too. The one guys was bringing me his extra cause he said it was just too much food. You get food once a week so it's not the freexe dried stuff. I think they said it was something like $200 a week tho
icon_eek.gif

i tried nutri system for one day ( not even) and i almost threw up! it was so nasty i send it right back! but im glad it worked for you
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back