I am down another 7 lbs. on Nutri System

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a little update, I am down another 7 lbs, for a total of 18. I started Nutri- System on April 10th. Pretty good results so far! I am definetly amped to keep going! 18 lbs. isn't much on me, since I have so much to lose still, but I do feel my clothes are getting looser. YAY!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Holy cow! Congrats! We want to see some pics of your faboulous self.

How are you feeling?

7_1_108.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Just a little update, I am down another 7 lbs, for a total of 18. I started Nutri- System on April 10th. Pretty good results so far! I am definetly amped to keep going! 18 lbs. isn't much on me, since I have so much to lose still, but I do feel my clothes are getting looser. YAY!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
That's great Jessica!!! Those are nice numbers for only being on it a month~ !
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Congrats!

wow! that's great! do you exercise at all or just do the nutri system?

Originally Posted by Liz wow! that's great! do you exercise at all or just do the nutri system?
Great job ,How often do you work out?

I haven't been exercising. Bad I know. I did my Gazelle twice in the very first week of my diet, but nothing since. I am just always so darn tired.

Pics eh? Maybe soon!
icon_redface.gif

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, you're great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That is so awesome! Good for you. I have to get the umph to get my butt in gear. It's so hard sometimes. Keep up the good work

so what is it that you do? is it a diet plan or pills or drinks??? i want to lose 18 lbs in a month!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Liz so what is it that you do? is it a diet plan or pills or drinks??? i want to lose 18 lbs in a month!!
icon_lol.gif
Me too!

That is fantastic! I don't know how old you are but I've found that since I turned 34 it is so difficult to drop even a couple of pounds. I used to be able to just cut back on eating and maybe a bit of walking and I'd drop 5-6 lbs in a week. NOT ANYMORE! I'm very glad its working for you and I'm going to look into it for myself.

Originally Posted by glamslam Just a little update, I am down another 7 lbs, for a total of 18. I started Nutri- System on April 10th. Pretty good results so far! I am definetly amped to keep going! 18 lbs. isn't much on me, since I have so much to lose still, but I do feel my clothes are getting looser. YAY!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm doing Nutri-System Nourish, it's the low-glycemic program. Good carbs and good fats rather than no carb/no fat. Really similar to the South Beach diet. They provide all entrees and snacks, I just add on fresh fruits, veggies, dairy, and whole grain carbs to round out each meal. I go online and choose which foods I want, and they come via UPS. I like it because 1. I have NO time to cook, and 2. I am a bad cook anyway! This takes all the guesswork out and makes it really simple. (Oh BTW I do cook for my kids but it's really quick easy stuff that tends to be higher in calories so they are off limits for me!)

I am 32. But as far as having a harder time losing weight, I am not experiencing that b/c I've always had a non-exsistent metabolism. I ruined it with yo-yo dieting and bulimia. So losing weight has always been tough even when I was 20. The only time I ever lost weight was on phen-fen...and we all know what happened to that drug!
icon_cry.gif

18 pounds in one month is amazing. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

Ok, I am down 20 lbs. total now. I didn't lose any for about 5 days, then things picked up again. Looking back, I realize I was consuming larger portions of some things than I should have been--dairy products. So when I cut back, I started losing again.

Originally Posted by say_what WOw thats great results! Is it an expensive system if you dont mind me asking? Um, I don't think it's that expensive in the big picture. For around $250 a month, I get 3 meals and 1 snack a day. But, I do have to go to the store and buy fresh food to go with my NS food. And as i have come to realize, the fresher and healthier the food, the more expensive it is. How wrong is that!!!
icon_frown.gif
I really don't know how much I'd be spending on myself, if I were eating only "regular" food. But considering how much fast food I used to eat, I'm probably spending less money now! Of course I do still have my kids to cook for, they don't eat NS food! So, overall any added expense is minor. I think it's a great deal...they deliver the food UPS right to my door and the $250 was including shipping charges.

Originally Posted by glamslam Ok, I am down 20 lbs. total now. I didn't lose any for about 5 days, then things picked up again. Looking back, I realize I was consuming larger portions of some things than I should have been--dairy products. So when I cut back, I started losing again.

Um, I don't think it's that expensive in the big picture. For around $250 a month, I get 3 meals and 1 snack a day. But, I do have to go to the store and buy fresh food to go with my NS food. And as i have come to realize, the fresher and healthier the food, the more expensive it is. How wrong is that!!!
icon_frown.gif
I really don't know how much I'd be spending on myself, if I were eating only "regular" food. But considering how much fast food I used to eat, I'm probably spending less money now! Of course I do still have my kids to cook for, they don't eat NS food! So, overall any added expense is minor. I think it's a great deal...they deliver the food UPS right to my door and the $250 was including shipping charges.

Awesome Jess!!! Congrats!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

This is so awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss. If I had the money, I'd probably do it too, not even for weight loss, but just because it sounds so convenient and you're getting balanced meals! So do you have a reward planned for when you reach your goal?

Originally Posted by bonbon412 This is so awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss. If I had the money, I'd probably do it too, not even for weight loss, but just because it sounds so convenient and you're getting balanced meals! So do you have a reward planned for when you reach your goal? A reward...good question! I hadn't thought of an ultimate reward at the end, just little rewards along the way ie: new clothes, MU, etc. Hmmm...I'll have to think hard on that!
icon_smile.gif

I say treat your self to a day at the spa or something so you can really feel beautiful! And of course rewards along the way are necessary too!

Bump!

how's it coming along glamslam???

i'm really debatting on buying a months worth. i'm busting my a** excercising and i've cut back on eating, but i'm still not losing any weight
icon_cry.gif

So I think I need to be stricter with my diet, and I guess this will.

Latest posts

Back