I am so sick of my hair....argh!!! No matter what I do r/o

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
it's a flat, lifeless mess. I've spent quite a bit of money on various styling products/tools but still haven't had any luck, so I am contemplating a perm. Part of me wants to go for something different, maybe curly, but then again I kind of hate to stray too far away from what is natural for my hair, but then again I'm not happy with it straight. [email protected]sions, decisions. What should I do?

Originally Posted by Tabitha it's a flat, lifeless mess. I've spent quite a bit of money on various styling products/tools but still haven't had any luck, so I am contemplating a perm. Part of me wants to go for something different, maybe curly, but then again I kind of hate to stray too far away from what is natural for my hair, but then again I'm not happy with it straight. [email protected]sions, decisions. What should I do? Have you thought of maybe getting a body wave instead? It's not as tight of a curl as a perm, but will give you lots of body & volume. Plus if you decide to straighten it one day, it won't be too much of a hassle. Or if you want to go with a better product... have you tried "Bigsexyhair" ?? this stuff makes some serious volume... but it's really up to you if you want something that lasts or something that you do on a daily basis as you want. But if you aren't used to having curly hair, I wouldn't go directly with the perm... unless you really want to, of course!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Where can you get bigsexyhair? Also, what types of cuts are recommended for fine, straight hair? Thanks!

hey angel, you are a hairstylist, right? question for you. I have heard once that it is possible to put some layers UNDER your hair, especially on top, to give it more volume. Have you ever heard of this, or done this? What are the results or your thoughts on it? tnx

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Have you thought of maybe getting a body wave instead? It's not as tight of a curl as a perm, but will give you lots of body & volume. Plus if you decide to straighten it one day, it won't be too much of a hassle. Or if you want to go with a better product... have you tried "Bigsexyhair" ?? this stuff makes some serious volume... but it's really up to you if you want something that lasts or something that you do on a daily basis as you want. But if you aren't used to having curly hair, I wouldn't go directly with the perm... unless you really want to, of course!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i totally agree with bigsexyhair. you'll love their stuff!

Originally Posted by destiny hey angel, you are a hairstylist, right? question for you. I have heard once that it is possible to put some layers UNDER your hair, especially on top, to give it more volume. Have you ever heard of this, or done this? What are the results or your thoughts on it? tnx Sure! It's pretty much where you leave the top layer of your hair alone... like if you were to put your hair 1/2 up in a pony - this would stay one length... and what's underneath (that is covered by the top section of hair) is layered & stacked to help 'poof' out the hair on top to make it look fuller. Now as long as you keep the layers somewhat long (I dont' know how long your hair is) you should still have no problem pulling it back - you just might see some of the layers in your pony. But make sure you get it cut so that its not seen when you look at the back of your head... sometimes people layer it too close to the "top" hair - and when it's down, you'll see long & short pieces and it ruins the whole look.... Pretty much - just keep a good amount of hair one length on top to keep the shorter ones hidden.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jesi IA I know exactly how you feel. As a woman born with straw straight hair I can understand why you might want a perm. My suggestion to you. would be to find a good stylist and get a great cut. I did and I love it. I'm not sure what length or how full your hair is but I went with a layers and razor cuts on the ends of my medium length hair and I couldn't be happier. Yup! a good layer cut can make a world of difference! And razoring the ends makes a nice wispy fringe
smile.gif

Well, today's the day...I'm scheduled for a body perm at noon, but I've about talked myself out of it. I don't mind straight hair, but the lace of volume makes me want to scream. The last time my hair was cut the stylist added in layers then fringed the ends. As straight as my hair is you can see where the top layer just sits on top of the longer bottom layers. Bad haircut much?!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Anyway, my hair is just a tad longer than collar length and you know who I think of when I look at my hair....Leather Tuscadaro. (sp?) One of the Fonz's girlfriends sisters on Happy Days. Some of you older gals probably will remember who I'm talking about.
icon_wink.gif
Wish me luck gals, lord knows I'll probably need it.

Originally Posted by Tabitha Well, today's the day...I'm scheduled for a body perm at noon, but I've about talked myself out of it. I don't mind straight hair, but the lace of volume makes me want to scream. The last time my hair was cut the stylist added in layers then fringed the ends. As straight as my hair is you can see where the top layer just sits on top of the longer bottom layers. Bad haircut much?!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Anyway, my hair is just a tad longer than collar length and you know who I think of when I look at my hair....Leather Tuscadaro. (sp?) One of the Fonz's girlfriends sisters on Happy Days. Some of you older gals probably will remember who I'm talking about.
icon_wink.gif
Wish me luck gals, lord knows I'll probably need it. I'm sure it will be fine! LOL Someties they seem too curly at first - but it will relax on its own in a few days (if this even happens to you... might not if they use super large rods) If your hair is PIN straight you will see the layers - regardless of how good the cut is... usually layered hair is best when the edges of the layers are kind of curled out or under, now left straight or with a flat iron... Usually this will give it a 'shaggy' look... But I think the layers w/ a light body wave will look nice
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tabitha Well, today's the day...I'm scheduled for a body perm at noon, but I've about talked myself out of it. I don't mind straight hair, but the lace of volume makes me want to scream. The last time my hair was cut the stylist added in layers then fringed the ends. As straight as my hair is you can see where the top layer just sits on top of the longer bottom layers. Bad haircut much?!
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_wink.gif
Wish me luck gals, lord knows I'll probably need it. I'm sure it will be fine! LOL Sometimes they seem too curly at first - but it will relax on its own in a few days (if this even happens to you... might not if they use super large rods) If your hair is PIN straight you will see the layers - regardless of how good the cut is... usually layered hair is best when the edges of the layers are kind of curled out or under, not left straight or with a flat iron... Usually this will give it a 'shaggy' look... But I think the layers w/ a light body wave will look nice
smile.gif

Thanks NY Angel98. My hair is pin straight & shaggy alright. When my stylist fixed it I thought she did a nice job, but I just couldn't seem to duplicate the look no matter how much I tried. Anyway, whatever I decide to do I hope it turns out o.k...I think I'm going to say a prayer for that.
smile.gif
Well, gotta run.

Originally Posted by Tabitha Thanks NY Angel98. My hair is pin straight & shaggy alright. When my stylist fixed it I thought she did a nice job, but I just couldn't seem to duplicate the look no matter how much I tried. Anyway, whatever I decide to do I hope it turns out o.k...I think I'm going to say a prayer for that.
smile.gif
Well, gotta run. Good luck!
smile.gif
I would invest in a medium round barrel ceramic brush... they are a godsend (and they help take care of those ends!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back