i colored my hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there, I colored my hair dark (professionally) for the first time in many years. I was in state of shock earlier. Here is a picture.
icon_surprised.gif

Thanks Charmaine, it is really growing on me (in the few hours its been on my head) I was just ready for a change though. Thanks again!

It looks good !!!

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Hi there, I colored my hair dark (professionally) for the first time in many years. I was in state of shock earlier. Here is a picture.
icon_surprised.gif

I love it Jennifer!! It really brings out your eyes... when I saw the thread in my email - I was thinking you went like black or something!!! lol It looks great!! It really warms up your face!
claps.gif

looks great!!! don't you just love the way darker hair just ANNOUNCES you as soon as you come into the room??

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Hi there, I colored my hair dark (professionally) for the first time in many years. I was in state of shock earlier. Here is a picture.
icon_surprised.gif
Love the color, it's looks great on you. I also love the cut, really compliments your face.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers

Hi there, I colored my hair dark (professionally) for the first time in many years. I was in state of shock earlier. Here is a picture.
icon_surprised.gif

Dayam!!! nice and cute

icon_surprised.gif
I love it! I'm a natural blonde (used to be light, now dishwatery) and I've tried going darker but the dark colors just fade sooooooooooooooo fast. I had my hair dyed a really sexy chestnut color w/ a teeny bit of blonde highlights a couple years ago but the chestnut just didn't hold. It faded within 2 weeks to a dark blond and eventually became dishwatery like my natural color. I was so upset, it looked so good
frown.gif
My hairstylist warned me of the fading ahead of time but of course I held out hope that I'd be the exception to the rule.
Anyway, I hope you're liking your color!

Thanks everyone. Now I am afraid it is going to fade quick. Whenever I do red it fades soooo fast. Thats why I opted for brown, but going over the blonde it will probably take a few times. Oh well. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Thanks everyone. Now I am afraid it is going to fade quick. Whenever I do red it fades soooo fast. Thats why I opted for brown, but going over the blonde it will probably take a few times. Oh well. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif
it looks amazing. it really fits you

Originally Posted by spazbaby I love it! I'm a natural blonde (used to be light, now dishwatery) and I've tried going darker but the dark colors just fade sooooooooooooooo fast. I had my hair dyed a really sexy chestnut color w/ a teeny bit of blonde highlights a couple years ago but the chestnut just didn't hold. It faded within 2 weeks to a dark blond and eventually became dishwatery like my natural color. I was so upset, it looked so good
frown.gif
My hairstylist warned me of the fading ahead of time but of course I held out hope that I'd be the exception to the rule.
Anyway, I hope you're liking your color!

Well, my fears came true, and it faded. But I went in yesterday for my stylist to redo and there was I am not sure if she was a rep or friend in the biz but she had this new spray on stuff that you spray on hair before applying color and it is to even it out, esp since my hair had all diff colors from red to blonde panels etc. anyway this spray immediately brought it to a true brown and made it ready for color. I was the guinea pig for my stylist so I was a little nervous but it turned out way better this time around. For anyone in the field it was something by ISO I think. Supposed to be something new. Not sure. Oh and supposedly the lady told my gal that when you need a touchup your supposed to just be able to spray this stuff on, leave in, wash out next morning a voila! Not sure about how that works or if it does, but whatever. So now my brown is really rich, lustrous, and I love it.
icon_smile.gif
Hopefully it stays a little longer now.

no I didnt have to pay for it. And yes, my blonde just started coming right through.--like 2 days later! My stylist now wants me to call with updates on my hair, because she is hoping this stuff works as well as she was told too. I'm hoping!!

Latest posts

Back