I colored my hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Sally's Beauty Supply the other day. I have to admit I've never been there before and ended up buying Wella Professional Semi-permanent hair color. I'm trying to grow my natural color back and I needed to tone down the rest of the hair to match my roots better. The results were really good and I liked doing it myself. If I get tired of growing my hair color out I'll go back and get the permanent hair color. They had so many to choose from. All the professional colors that stylists use at the salons. The girl at Sally's was really helpful, she was a licensed cosmotologists and she told me that the boxed hair colors at drugstores are one of the worst things for your hair plus they never come out the way the colors look on the box anyway. I'll never buy those again.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to Sally's Beauty Supply the other day. I have to admit I've never been there before and ended up buying Wella Professional Semi-permanent hair color. I'm trying to grow my natural color back and I needed to tone down the rest of the hair to match my roots better. The results were really good and I liked doing it myself. If I get tired of growing my hair color out I'll go back and get the permanent hair color. They had so many to choose from. All the professional colors that stylists use at the salons. The girl at Sally's was really helpful, she was a licensed cosmotologists and she told me that the boxed hair colors at drugstores are one of the worst things for your hair plus they never come out the way the colors look on the box anyway. I'll never buy those again. Let's Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally's have great colors, but they are the lower end of professional color but they are still 100% better then anything from over the counter though, surprise me that they even sold it to you. I have been doing hair for 7 years and went to sally's to buy some color and didn't have my sally's card and they wouldn't sell it to me, lol so needless to say I had to drive all the way back home to get it. But it is good to hear that you had great results doing your color at home. What brand did you use?

I used the Wella Color Charm Semi-Permanent color. The Sally's I went to has a sign at the door "open for public" so they don't require a card and that's why I was able to buy it. There was a lot of other people buying hair colors too without professional IDs.

Well that's CA for ya, lol no just kidding, but wella is an awsome color, you would love the real professional line, it is awsome awsome awsome. But I am glad that you did find a color you wanted at sally's.

Oh really? I didn't know that they don't sell to public at other places. Good to know. I'm sure there is a reason. I can imagine you can do a lot of damage to your hair by using professional products incorrectly. I'm growing my natural hair color back. I tried having some darker weave put in my hair to help grow it out but the lady totally messed up my hair. I came home and my hubby had a heart attack. I was so dark. I called her and told her that I needed to come back and have her fix it. I went back that night and she put some blonde highlights back in it to make it blend more. She was a lady I know and who has been a hairstylist for 10 plus years but she just didn't know how to color my hair. I might take the plunge and go try Aveda Haircolor at an authorized Aveda Hairsalon. They advertise that their colors are natural and better for your hair but who knows. I really just want my old color back. I just to be totally blonde naturally but after my son was born I turned disdwater blonde.
icon_cry.gif
I started coloring it myself and I should have never done that. I should have just had a partial weave done professionally so that I would have been able to grow it out if I wanted to. I'll have my hair partially weaved once my natural color is back.

Avada is wonderful, that is the school I went to. When you have kids and when you get older your hair tends to get darker, it's a hormone thing
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Its blonde Now I KNOW we're never gonna get a pic. LOL ... EVER. NO makeup no nada. Sokay. It's very clear. TY bows coughs ty ty bye now.
iicharlie.jpg

Latest posts

Back