I dont want anyone to see me without makeup!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in a roomate situation and my roomates and their guest always rave about my "beauty"but i have a secret its all made up beauty .when i wash everything off i dont look like that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now the question is how do i hide myself from others in the house?If someone actually saw me not done i dont know what i would do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im not ugly at all but just not as flawless as with the makeup on im so scared i wont get the same compliments and that will be a bruise to my ego .What would you do in this situation?
sadno.gif

This is not a situation I can relate to since I don't care if people see me with or without make up but personally, it's going to happen. It's inevitable.

I think you need to let people see you naturally. *YOU* need to be comfortable with you not always being made up. To me, it's almost as saying "I can't let anyone ever see the real me, I need to be in a mask" and that's not fair to you or to those who care about you.

Just my $0.02.

Originally Posted by BarcelonaBabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in a roomate situation and my roomates and their guest always rave about my "beauty"but i have a secret its all made up beauty .when i wash everything off i dont look like that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now the question is how do i hide myself from others in the house?If someone actually saw me not done i dont know what i would do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im not ugly at all but just not as flawless as with the makeup on im so scared i wont get the same compliments and that will be a bruise to my ego .What would you do in this situation?
sadno.gif

I'm really sorry you feel that way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you should never have to feel ashamed of what you look like under makeup. I think instead of hiding, you should become more comfortable being seen without makeup. maybe you could gradually wear less makeup so you don't look too different without it? your roommates would be really catty to treat you differently or think you're not beautiful if they see your naked face.

I'm in a sorority and every time we have retreats, everyone looks at each other like "wow you look different without makeup!" lol. no one thinks "ohmygosh she's so ugly without makeup!" or anything.

Yea so i dont care about these roomates ,The thing is i can confess here because they cant possibly read this .But they are sort of like frienimies(very shallow)people who seem to judge people on looks and how much money they have.Its funny because they dont have much if they did they would not have to have roomates to cut cost and expenses lol.

But anyway i know i shouldnt feel trapped but i do its kind of a strange bizzarre situation but it saves me money and for now im dealing for now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Girls i cant imagine wearing less makeup .One time i tried going bare faced outside and i felt physical pain and mentally i felt awkward and people did not respond the same to me.Thanks for the replies guys 

Allo, I am much the same.. I cannot even run down to the shop without make up on!
But think about this famous quote from a beautiful lady Audrey Hepburn

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.â€

If you only try to please everyone else you will never find true happiness in yourself?
I think it's good to go without makeup every once in a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you are beautiful with and without the mask!

I'm like that about clothing. If something is really unflattering or if I wear baggy sweats in public, I feel uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by BarcelonaBabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girls i cant imagine wearing less makeup .One time i tried going bare faced outside and i felt physical pain and mentally i felt awkward and people did not respond the same to me.Thanks for the replies guys 

Honestly, the way I got over it was just to not wear makeup. I went to the grocery store, walmart, and the gym and no one even batted an eye. 

I really don't think your roommates care nearly as much as you imagine that they do. 

The funniest thing to me ever was when I had family members tell me on several occasions that "it must be nice to not have to wear makeup" not realizing I had a full face of makeup on when they said that to me! I mean, I'm sorry but my skintone isn't perfectly even, and I do not have shimmery white eyelids or naturally black lashes! But apparently most people are really not observant AT ALL. 

I kind of felt the same in the sense that I didn't want to go out without my makeup on because I felt insecure. So what I did was I slowly cut down my makeup and focused on taking care of my skin so I won't have too many imperfections to cover. I still don't have perfect skin but my skin is way better now. I only wear minimal makeup, and I still I feel confident, and I like wearing light coverage makeup now. You are a unique lovely woman so don't allow other people to make you feel any less. 

Originally Posted by dazzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of felt the same in the sense that I didn't want to go out without my makeup on because I felt insecure. So what I did was I slowly cut down my makeup and focused on taking care of my skin so I won't have too many imperfections to cover. I still don't have perfect skin but my skin is way better now. I only wear minimal makeup, and I still I feel confident, and I like wearing light coverage makeup now. You are a unique lovely woman so don't allow other people to make you feel any less. 

This made me feel good.I also have an eating disorder and im struggling with that and reading this post made my day better thanks

I feel the same way sometimes. I am friends with some people that I feel will not be my friends if I don't wear makeup. I do agree with Dazzler- you have a motivation, to have these roommates like you, so you should focus on perfecting your skin. If you find a regimen good enough that works for you, you will be able to feel more confident with less makeup!

I really hope your self esteem improves, love. This sounds like a major problem with the way you see yourself.

Back