I dyed my hair for the 1st time!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my cousin and i were at her house and then she told me she had to go to my other cousin's house so she could dye his wife's hair (very complicated, i know, but it's not important LOL), and i've been dying to color my hair, so i'm like, hey, you could do hers AND mine. we went to duane reade, picked up a semi-permanent color, and we did it. it didn't make such a huge difference, but you can notice. to be honest with you, i don't know the color of my original hair. it was SO boring. it wasn't brown, it wasn't dirty blonde, it was just... nasty. now, it's a true brown and i LOVE it.

this what i used...

http://store1.yimg.com/I/physlabs_1841_227525389

l'oreal's colorspa moisture actif.

i love it and recommend it for someone who wants a semi-permanent dye!

Pics please!
tongue.gif

it's nothing great. it's just brown. i'm just so happy because now i can finally SAY it's brown and no more, "welllll, there's a little brown, red..." etc.
tongue.gif

sorry for the bad quality. it came out a little blurry and isn't in the right setting.

Looks hot Jen! Love it! Nice light brown with warm tones that look great with your skin tone! Good choice!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
The Color Spa is actually a really nice color (for a home use) I've used this myself before when I wanted something semi-permanent, and it's great option!

Lookin' Good Chickie!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I like it and I can see a difference. It looks lighter than your other pics.

Good job!

thanks, girls!

it's actually darker than my shade before! it's the cocoa shade, if you're familiar with it, janelle.

i'm just still getting use to my new cam, so i don't know how to take good pics.

here it is again with another setting...

i had to cut my face out because it's 1 AM and i look like A ZOMBIE!

Ooooh... ok... yeah - now it looks darker. I LOVE IT!!! It looked really light in the other pic. Looks so healthy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer

thanks, girls!
it's actually darker than my shade before! it's the cocoa shade, if you're familiar with it, janelle.

i'm just still getting use to my new cam, so i don't know how to take good pics.

here it is again with another setting...

i had to cut my face out because it's 1 AM and i look like A ZOMBIE!

LOL, I doubt a zombie, you are pretty much dopeage

glad you like your new hair color
smile.gif
it does look pretty on you.

it looks great. now here comes of the fun of keeping the color true (that's the main reason i don't go red it's so hard to maintain and my stylist *my idiot brother* makes me beg borrow and steal b4 he takes the time to do my hair UNLESS he needs a hair model at school and then he LOVES to do it for me *eyeroll*) but my color is harder to maintain since i get all the fancy crap done to my head with the highlights and stuff.

Even my brown is hard to keep up with - My hair is wierd... I can dye it jet black & a month later it's back to this same med. brown/reddish color. No matter what I do - ends up with the same result down the road... it's got a mind of its own!
rolleyes.gif

thanks, everyone!!!! i love it, too
biggrin.gif

that's why i wanted to go semi-permanent, because of what janelle and ang said! i wouldn't keep up with it. plus, my mom didn't let me color it, but i told her i was doing it, anyway LOL she didn't yell at me this morning, though, when she saw me, so that's always a plus
wink.gif

i also love it because it makes my eyes look even more greener, if that makes sense. it just makes them pop.

Originally Posted by destiny your brother is a stylist? he can do my hair!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh sure c'mon over lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer i also love it because it makes my eyes look even more greener, if that makes sense. it just makes them pop. Darker hair will always make light eyes stand out... plus it's like adding automatic warmth to your skin....
wink.gif

hehe. i want to dye my hair now. lol. i have naturally dark hair. but the color i have right now is somewhat lighter, but kind of reddish tones. but i want it darker, kind of like a chocolate brown. but the colors in boxes look too close to black which i don't want, or too light of a brown.
icon_evil.gif

I aslo use the same brand/box. I like it because if the color isn't right for me, it washes out soon and I can try many colors of l'oreal's colorspa moisture actif and can't go wrong. It adds nice shine to the hair...

Originally Posted by Jennifer my cousin and i were at her house and then she told me she had to go to my other cousin's house so she could dye his wife's hair (very complicated, i know, but it's not important LOL), and i've been dying to color my hair, so i'm like, hey, you could do hers AND mine. we went to duane reade, picked up a semi-permanent color, and we did it. it didn't make such a huge difference, but you can notice. to be honest with you, i don't know the color of my original hair. it was SO boring. it wasn't brown, it wasn't dirty blonde, it was just... nasty. now, it's a true brown and i LOVE it.
this what i used...

http://store1.yimg.com/I/physlabs_1841_227525389

l'oreal's colorspa moisture actif.

i love it and recommend it for someone who wants a semi-permanent dye!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 hehe. i want to dye my hair now. lol. i have naturally dark hair. but the color i have right now is somewhat lighter, but kind of reddish tones. but i want it darker, kind of like a chocolate brown. but the colors in boxes look too close to black which i don't want, or too light of a brown.
icon_evil.gif
If you wanna go permanent (although they never are... they all fade and oxidize) for a really nice home dye.. I'm loving the new Herbal Essences colors! (Bold n' Brilliant - in the square box w/ the colors - not the older oval white/green ones)I used dark brown - color is still going strong 2 months later, smells AWESOME, and they have great color choices!

092115.jpg
Heres the one I used. "Chocolate Velvet" -I like it more than the salon color I was using

That look is very pretty, I like it.....keep it going !!

FYI ~ My natural hair color has always been black as the ace of spades...a very hard color to try and lighten - (AND I THOUGHT MY HAIR WAS DARK, ?MY MOM'S HAIR IS NATURAL BLUE BLACK") Guess, That's where I got it from.. My Dad's is dark brown - so here I am....THE MUT.... lol

I only decided to start to try & lighten it once I started to go gray along the temples..........and as you get older "they say" you should go lighter, because it begins to look harsh, by the way "WHO ARE "THEY" anyway???).LOL ....

Yeah, you try & lighten Black hair!!! It's just as bad as a Blonde trying to cover her brown roots!!! Go Figure !!! (I'm not gonna do a double process & strip it down to white - to get shit brown?) dont pay!

I've used browns, light, medium, chestnut... you name it....it's still Black...MAYBE if the SUN hits it right, you may see a tinge of a brown highlight somewhere.... - I guess it's meant to be.. Oh well....Live & Learn....
icon_exclaim.gif
Black ??? - you don't go back or anywhere else !!!!

Latest posts

Back