I found some very cool recipes for hair treatments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I plucked these from some haircare site, very interesting. I'm going to try a few.

Ingredients: one beaten whole egg in one bowl, and two tablespoons of mayonnaise in another bowl.

(Don't do this in the shower-it'll make you smell like a salad unless you want to wash after. That's why you do it in a sink!)

Hanging your head in the sink, wet your hair and gently massage the whole beaten egg through your hair, taking extra care with your scalp. This treatment is meant to get the oils, built up conditioners, and dirt from the past week- off your scalp and purify it. Let the egg sit for about a minute, then rise throughly with warm water. Massage in the mayonnaise in the same way, but paying attention to the tips of the hair, and let sit for about 2-3 minutes. (For a deep conditioning-wrap your head in a towel and sit in the sun for 30 minutes) Rinse with warm water and then shampoo with your normal shampoo. Don't condition after. Voila! Shiny, conditioned hair, with a sqeaky clean scalp.

PS. This treatment works very well with people with oily scalp/hair or people that are trying to grow their hair out from a very SHORT do(gives the growing hair a clean environment to grow faster and healthier.

Straight and beautiful hair - You put some milk in a sprits bottle and spray your hair while it's damp. Then let it set for 20 minutes, then rinse and shampoo. It will make your hair straight and beautiful.

Static free hair - Put a dab of lotion in the palm of your hand and then rub it through your hair but not at the roots, just at the ends of your hair. It makes it so your hair doesn't get all staticky.

Frizzy hair - Mash 1 banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Smooth through hair and leave for 1 minute. Comb out banana and rinse hair thoroughly. It won't really straighten hair, just condition it.

Shimmering highlites - For great hair try a tbsp of honey mixed with your favorite conditioner this will make highlights shimmer tremendously.

Beautiful soft hair -

1/2 mayonnaise

1 egg

Mix the ingredients together, put it all on your hair, wrap hair with plastic, use blow dryer for about 10 minutes on hair.

Shampoo hair as you normally do.

YummmmY, I need to eat my hair now!

LOL

Just Kidding!!! Great information!

Originally Posted by Tinydancer

I plucked these from some haircare site, very interesting. I'm going to try a few.
Ingredients: one beaten whole egg in one bowl, and two tablespoons of mayonnaise in another bowl.

(Don't do this in the shower-it'll make you smell like a salad unless you want to wash after. That's why you do it in a sink!)

Hanging your head in the sink, wet your hair and gently massage the whole beaten egg through your hair, taking extra care with your scalp. This treatment is meant to get the oils, built up conditioners, and dirt from the past week- off your scalp and purify it. Let the egg sit for about a minute, then rise throughly with warm water. Massage in the mayonnaise in the same way, but paying attention to the tips of the hair, and let sit for about 2-3 minutes. (For a deep conditioning-wrap your head in a towel and sit in the sun for 30 minutes) Rinse with warm water and then shampoo with your normal shampoo. Don't condition after. Voila! Shiny, conditioned hair, with a sqeaky clean scalp.

PS. This treatment works very well with people with oily scalp/hair or people that are trying to grow their hair out from a very SHORT do(gives the growing hair a clean environment to grow faster and healthier.

Straight and beautiful hair - You put some milk in a sprits bottle and spray your hair while it's damp. Then let it set for 20 minutes, then rinse and shampoo. It will make your hair straight and beautiful.

Static free hair - Put a dab of lotion in the palm of your hand and then rub it through your hair but not at the roots, just at the ends of your hair. It makes it so your hair doesn't get all staticky.

Frizzy hair - Mash 1 banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Smooth through hair and leave for 1 minute. Comb out banana and rinse hair thoroughly. It won't really straighten hair, just condition it.

Shimmering highlites - For great hair try a tbsp of honey mixed with your favorite conditioner this will make highlights shimmer tremendously.

Beautiful soft hair -

1/2 mayonnaise

1 egg

Mix the ingredients together, put it all on your hair, wrap hair with plastic, use blow dryer for about 10 minutes on hair.

Shampoo hair as you normally do.

Thanks for posting these home recepies. These are great! I've heard about eggs being good for your hair before.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I plucked these from some haircare site, very interesting. I'm going to try a few.

This sounds interesting! I already have trouble getting conditioner out of my hair, though (I usually use a shampoo with conditioner combined). I wonder if the honey comes out easily? I'm going to try this!
smile.gif
Thanks for all the recipes!

TinyD, thank you for volunteering to be the guinea pig . Please let me know which ones you try and if they work!!!

Ok?

ty

Latest posts

Back