I Got My Braces Off Today!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone! i just wanted to share my happiness with you all
biggrin.gif
i went in for a checkup this morning and i prayed that i'd hear good news. My ortho looks at me and simply says well we can take off the top if youd like!! i almost fell off the chair! i hugged him after they were off, im soo sooo happy. the bottom come off in a few weeks but oh wow!!!

heres the first (and what a godawful ) pic!!

22726-bracesoff013_959834.jpg

it didnt work
frown.gif
but yay! i know that feeling. i had mine on for 7.5 years. and i have to have them put back on again but i dont wanna pay for it :T Its the best feeling ever though!

Pic isnt working but I am super happy for you!!!! I need them but at 33 years old that aint gonna happen!!!

yay! congrats! my sis got hers off a few weeks ago, too.

Originally Posted by Jessica_Ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pic isnt working but I am super happy for you!!!! I need them but at 33 years old that aint gonna happen!!! soooo many adults have them on now! i'm 20 and i have them and i'm the youngest patient there!

I know how you are. I had braces for 2 years and I was so happy to get them off. It sucked when I would go in and have the wire changed, my teeth hurt so bad the first day after they did that. I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth. I hardly ever notice its there. Im sure you are excited. Now you dont have to worry if you ever get food stuck in them. Haha.

Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know how you are. I had braces for 2 years and I was so happy to get them off. It sucked when I would go in and have the wire changed, my teeth hurt so bad the first day after they did that. I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth. I hardly ever notice its there. Im sure you are excited. Now you dont have to worry if you ever get food stuck in them. Haha. motrin is a LIFESAVER for the pain! i'd die without it.

I had them on for about 3 years and I didn't like them all that much! Glad you got them off!

I had braces from Grade 4 till Grade 8...ahh I hated them soo much lol. You look awesome, not a god awful pic at all. I'll never forget when my ortho told me it was the day to take them off. I was soo happy, ecstatic, I didnt even know what to say, I said after a minute "Wait, what? We're taking them off? All of them?!" Hehe and yes getting wires tightened hurt like OMG, now I wonder why I never took any pain medicine like Jen....god....that would've been smart lol

That's great Liz!! My wife and my daughter had them so I know what a relief it is when they are off.. Great photo btw!!!

CONGRATS!!! Oh, wait till the bottom comes off, you will feel freer than you have in a long time!

Latest posts

Back