I got sick last night

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made some bannock with olive oil (fried bread) for my boyfriend to snack on and I had a piece.. and a whole bunch of water..

Went to bed feeling overly full and bloated . woke up around 2 am the threw up (lots!) ugh 3 times..

Felt better after though ,, must be the flour and oil not agreeing with me?

No "go see a doc replies please!" I know about that
smile.gif
maybe some suggestions or maybe u heard of this?

add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
ya thats funny!

Ya i thought bread and water dont mix

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif lmao...go see a doctor

but for real, bread+water=not good

what do you mean bread doesnt go with water? I'm confused. I'm sorry you dont feel good, I have been sick for 2 weeks and it has been horrible
scared.gif

It's possible that it wasn't the bread and water, maybe you made that associate as it was the last thing you ate immediately before going to bed. What else did you have to eat earlier that day?

Hope you feel better!

A LOT of stomach acid due to indigestion will make you throw up. I have a BAD acid problem and believe me, I know symptoms only too well. In addition, indigestion will also give you gas. Honestly, since you say you didnt have too much, it probably is somethng you ate during the day or even the day before. You might have already had indigestion and didnt realize it and then, this little snack pushed it over the edge. Actually, the throwing up might actually have cleaned up your stomach and even made you feel better. Gross as it may sound, it might have actually helped !!

How are you feeling now ?

Originally Posted by nics1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif A LOT of stomach acid due to indigestion will make you throw up. I have a BAD acid problem and believe me, I know symptoms only too well. In addition, indigestion will also give you gas. Honestly, since you say you didnt have too much, it probably is somethng you ate during the day or even the day before. You might have already had indigestion and didnt realize it and then, this little snack pushed it over the edge. Actually, the throwing up might actually have cleaned up your stomach and even made you feel better. Gross as it may sound, it might have actually helped !!How are you feeling now ?

You may be on to something. It could also be the opposite of what you suggest. OP said she drank a lot of water. Perhaps this diluted the acid too much causing the food to sit there too long without digesting. This may have been too much for her stomach since she went to sleep right afterwards.

Originally Posted by nuberianne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Perhaps this diluted the acid too much causing the food to sit there too long without digesting. This may have been too much for her stomach since she went to sleep right afterwards. That was my first thought too. Your body doesn't digest well while you are sleeping. Also, a friend of mine who is studying to be a nutrionist advises that you should wait 30 minutes before eating and 60 minutes after prior to drinking a lot of water (or any other liquid) because it dilutes the digestive acids in your stomach and intestines.

Originally Posted by nuberianne /img/forum/go_quote.gif You may be on to something. It could also be the opposite of what you suggest. OP said she drank a lot of water. Perhaps this diluted the acid too much causing the food to sit there too long without digesting. This may have been too much for her stomach since she went to sleep right afterwards. Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif That was my first thought too. Your body doesn't digest well while you are sleeping. Also, a friend of mine who is studying to be a nutrionist advises that you should wait 30 minutes before eating and 60 minutes after prior to drinking a lot of water (or any other liquid) because it dilutes the digestive acids in your stomach and intestines. Both of you have a very good point. Andrrea, your friend is absolutely correct. Water does definitely dilute digestive enzymes and cause indigestion. Eating heavy food at night does not make digestion easier either. Moreover, bread is not easy to digest. In India, people are big on "Ayurveda", which many of you must have heard about.. its about herbal/natural cures and medicines. Well, ayurveda strongly stresses on not eatng after sun down. And if you must, eat something very very light which will be easily digested. Another thing that can cause excessive stomach acid and indigestion is lack of sleep, or rather, sleeping late at night and waking up late. It seems sleeping in as the sun rises higher will cause all sorts of stomach problems. Thats why it is said "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." Not that this keeps me from sleeping in when I have a chance...
yahootongue.gif

Latest posts

Back