I had a job interview Sunday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
and I THOUGHT it went really well and he said I'd be an asset to his company and he'd call me during the week, but I have not heard from him.
kopfkratz.gif
How long should I wait before I follow up with him??

I would go ahead and call. I've had interviews that went great and I really thought I was going to be hired but never heard back from the company. I think it makes a big difference if you take the intiative and follow up. Companies want to hired people that want the job. Good luck with everything.

give them a call back. I got a call back from Dillards the other day but I never went in to complete the process now I kinda regret it.

It's possible that sending a thank you note might help. If by some chance they did hire someone else, say someone they've worked with before, and it doesn't work out, then they are more likely to remember you. I hope you will get it. I've had companies take as long as month to respond.

I don't know.. I personally suck at follow ups and stuff..

and got my previous jobs by showing up to interviews with a big smile and a resume.. with my last job i even forgot to bring a resume.. lol

but i remember learning that you should follow up by sending a letter (or email) the next day.. To thank them for their time and how you enjoyed getting to meet him and to let him know you look forward to being part of the team.

So I'd follow up asap.. take a tip from the guys and toot your own horn.. lol

Remind him how you are going to be an asset to the business

Originally Posted by devorah /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's possible that sending a thank you note might help. If by some chance they did hire someone else, say someone they've worked with before, and it doesn't work out, then they are more likely to remember you. I hope you will get it. I've had companies take as long as month to respond. that's a good idea!

Well with the thank you note, it should be sent within 24 hours of the interview as a general rule of thumb. Since it has been longer than that in your case, I would totally call him back and say something like, "Hello this is (your full name).....tell him when you had the interview....and tell them you are checking to see if the position is still open or something along those lines. Good luck girl!

24 hours is a traditional period of time, but traditions are changing, and people don't write notes the way they used to. I think within a few weeks is more than fine as it's within a decent period of memory.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well with the thank you note, it should be sent within 24 hours of the interview as a general rule of thumb. Since it has been longer than that in your case, I would totally call him back and say something like, "Hello this is (your full name).....tell him when you had the interview....and tell them you are checking to see if the position is still open or something along those lines. Good luck girl! Hmmm, makes sense, guess it is too late to send a thank you note. I hope he would at least have the courtesy to call and tell me he doesn't want me rather than keep me waiting. UGH!!! I'll wait till Monday and if I don't hear from him, I'll be all cheery and call him. GAG...........

If I had not followed up after my 1st interview at my present job,I would not have gotten hired.I have been there 13 years.

Originally Posted by devorah /img/forum/go_quote.gif 24 hours is a traditional period of time, but traditions are changing, and people don't write notes the way they used to. I think within a few weeks is more than fine as it's within a decent period of memory. The period of time (according to experts) to send a thank you note is 24 hours simply because you want the interviewer to remember who you were! Some people interview 10 or more people for a position.
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

Latest posts

Back