I love tightlining and lining inner rims

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. This is something I've never tried before and am looking forward to doing so, wish me luck!

i tried once but it made me cry, so i guess it's not safe for me, at least when i'm wearing contacts. sometimes when i want a more stunning (but still discreet) look, i put a bit of black khol on my lashes roots before applying mascara. that way, it "lines" my lower lid without having to do an entire line.

i love this, too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by le_tink /img/forum/go_quote.gif Urban Decay 24 /7 is a great liner for this.
iagree.gif

These are perfect-o and come in some really rad shades! And I have dry, red contact eyes, and these bother me waaay less than a Smudgepot or Fluidline on the inner rim.

Originally Posted by Delphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for bumping this thread!!! Great info! you're welcome.

=]

um......... just wondering..... as for the tightlining stuff....

how do you wash them off at the end of the day?????

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried with a black kohl pencil and it tickled so much! Now I just put plenty on my lower rims and squeeze my eyes shut, then reapply on the bottom. It seems to work! It does work, and beautifully -- that's what I do when I want to line both upper and lower inner rims. You need a good soft kohl pencil with a blunted tip, though, not any liner pencil will do it. (I have learned this the hard way. The hard, pointy way!)
For anyone who's not done this, get the softest pencil you can find, overload the inner rim big-time and then blink a lot. It should transfer nicely and it's a lot faster and less fuss.

For a night out I like to use a liquid liner above the upper lashes and wet eyeshadow to line underneath the lower ones. The combo of the three is quite startling.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone know if the people who do the "Permanent Makeup" thing can tattoo there? ESPECIALLY in the upper waterline... That would do wonders! I don't see how they could, from a health point of view. Permanent makeup is basically a tattoo. Tattoos scab over as they heal. A scab pressed against my eyeball? I don't think so. It would be like having grit in your eyes for a week. You could do a lot of damage that way.
As for tightlining, it looks exactly like the effect you get if you hold a mascara brush right to the base of the lashes and wiggle before "blinking through" to coat the length of the lash. That's got to be easier, surely?

Back