I love tightlining and lining inner rims

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just started lining my inner rims and tightlining, and I love it so much!!! It is much easier than I thought it would be. I've been using a Smashbox cream eyeliner. What other eyeliners does everyone use for inner rims and tightlining? (tightlining is lining right in your upper lash line)

I hadn't heard of this and someone recommended me to it because I was telling them eyeliner looked too harsh on me and I felt over done. Any tips or Tutorials?

as fo me, i will never miss lining my upper lashline(tightlining) n both inner and lower rims..I feel my makeup is incomplete without lining them.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here is my everyday look,

I love gel liners for my inner rims - MAC Fluidlines and Stila Smudgepots are good for this!
smile.gif

a tutorial, of course!! I'll work on it Tuesday.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check out the Fluidlines and Smudge Pots. I guess this means I'm not on a no-buy anymore.
icon_redface.gif

What eyeliner do you use, bronze_chiqz?? You look lovely in your picture!

Originally Posted by bronze_chiqz as fo me, i will never miss lining my upper lashline(tightlining) n both inner and lower rims..I feel my makeup is incomplete without lining them.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here is my everyday look,

awwww thanxxx for the compliments suzukigrll..! I use maybelline liquid liner in black for lining above lashes. On my lower rims, i just use indian kajal stick, Lakme brand..like crayon type.Hope tiz helps!!let me know if u want to know on anything else..!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried tighlining and it just seemed to tickle my eyes too much. Was I doing it wrong? Also, how safe is it for contact lens users?

Katy - a tutorial is a MUST!

bronze_chiqz - love your eye brows. They are gorgeous!

I use MAC fluidlines (blacktrack or waveline) for the upper inner rims

and black eye kohl for the lower inner rims (although I rarely line my lower inner rims)

it tickles me too, but I love the effect!!!

How do you get the fluid lines in your inner rims? I find it just slips off and it stings sometimes
icon_cry.gif

But I love tightening with a black pencil. Really makes a big difference on the overall look.

Here is a site I found about tightlining. The pictures are really helpful. http://www.emakemeup.com/en2/flowerr...ewid=6999&vr=1

This is part of the article, "Wet the bristles of your brush so they are sufficiently wet but not dripping. Get your cake liner and move the brush back and forth on the liner, wetting the product. The consistency is very important. If you see the shadow drying up quickly, you need more water on your bristles. The MA who told me how to tightline said the consistency of the liner should be almost like shoe polish. A tip to knowing when you have the right consistency is when you hear a squishy sound on the liner.

Ok, you're ready to go. Go to your magnifying mirror and pull back lightly on your eye to reveal that magic line (where the membrane and lashes meet, basically your lash base). Now your going to push the brush into that line and wiggle it with a bit more pressure, so the color goes into the lashes a bit.You will follow this procedure across the entire lashline."

i used fluidline for the first time today and was not impressed w/ the results. i found that the color was not consistant....maybe i was the way i applied it.

i'll try the wet shadow next time.

thanks for posting that link

It always tickles me so I try not to do it but I am going to work on it more
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Am curious about trying out tightlining. Nice idea if you could do one on the Tutorial Section.
icon_smile.gif

I've never even heard the term tightlining. Is it safe and does it really make a difference on how your eyes look?

Originally Posted by Salope I've never even heard the term tightlining. Is it safe and does it really make a difference on how your eyes look? It is safe if your eyeliner is soft and doesn't have glitter/shimmer in it (as a general rule, some may be ok, but I wouldn't risk getting a particle rubbing on my eye!) I think it does make a difference, it is subtle, though. I think my lashes look thicker and my eyes more defined, without a makeup-y look since the line isn't on my outer lid. I don't usually line my lower rim for daytime, I think it looks too dramatic on me since I am so light, but it looks awesome and much better (IMO) on darker girls, like bronze_chiq.

This is my 1st time hearing 'bout the term 'tightlining'. I've looked at suzukigrrl's link & the effect does give a darker lash line. I get a similar effect when I use a eyeliner pencil or crayon & 'dot' along the lash line with it. It does make the lash line fuller, without the eyeliner being obvious...

Originally Posted by Aniger86 To be honest, this is my 1st time hearing 'bout the term 'tightlining'. I've looked at suzukigrrl's link & the effect does give a darker lash line. I get this effect as well when I use a eyeliner pencil or crayon & 'dot' along the lash line with it. It does make the lash line fuller, without the eyeliner being obvious... I have tried doing the dot method, but I can't get it to look right, even when I have a sharpened pencil, and am pushing it as far down (well I think anyways) into my lashline. Different strokes for different folks, I guess
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I just personally find it easier to just flip up my lid a bit and do a solid line, than try to dot it into my lashes. I currently do this with a brown liner, but I think I will be getting a new black kohl to try that to make it pop more.

Back