I met a lovely new American friend in the pub on Thursday night.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was with a group of friends on Thursday and there was a lady who was sitting on her own reading a book with a pint. I started talking to her and couldnt believe that she was from California and sitting on her own in my local pub. Her children go to a local Irish dancing class every Thursday and she usually waits for them in the pub. I am going to meet her next week for a drink. She is from a place called silicon valley and we were chatting about how different life is in the uk and America because theres not many Americans local here. She said that its very very different here and that the people here drive like maniacs but life is much slower. I told her that i have met some nice gals online in the usa but she is kinda intellectual and isnt really into make up etc. Its nice to meet new people in the local pub and everyone liked her so we will all make her feel at home.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk I was with a group of friends on Thursday and there was a lady who was sitting on her own reading a book with a pint. I started talking to her and couldnt believe that she was from California and sitting on her own in my local pub. Her children go to a local Irish dancing class every Thursday and she usually waits for them in the pub. I am going to meet her next week for a drink. She is from a place called silicon valley and we were chatting about how different life is in the uk and America because theres not many Americans local here. She said that its very very different here and that the people here drive like maniacs but life is much slower. I told her that i have met some nice gals online in the usa but she is kinda intellectual and isnt really into make up etc. Its nice to meet new people in the local pub and everyone liked her so we will all make her feel at home.
icon_biggrin.gif
Hi Donna!Nice to see you!

She's (your new friend) from the San Jose area where computers are HOT stuff. I wouldn't say her area of California is one of the prettiest but it is very industrious and there are a LOT of fantastic universities near by. There is also a great deal of ethnic diversity in that area. Chances are that she is educated and smart!

Tell her that the traffic here is definately NO better than when she left!! lol.

Glad you made her feel at home. That's very cool!

BTW, folks can talk makeup and beauty and and still have smarts!! snicker snicker!!

gf102.gif

After i wrote this i thought oh maaaan, as lots of smart woman also like wearing make up lol, just look at us lot ! This lady is more of a book worm and i think she thought i was quite nutty when i went on about Goober grape lol. I told her that i really wanted some goober grape as it reminds me of when i lived in the USA, even if it is very fattening. She was like oh yeah, i know that stuff and i am looking forward to talking to her next week. When i lived in Colorado, people went out of there way to make me feel at home and this lady lives in a really posh area where people are a bit toffee nosed and snobbish but she is very down to earth and friendly. After Italy, i have never been so welcomed by the locals as i was in the usa. Such lovely people over there. They couldnt do enough to help me out and make me feel at home. Im holding a party for Halloween in October and i will ask her to bring her kids . I was thinking of a fancy dress theme in medieval garb. I have had a proposal of marriage this week. I have to get divorced first though but im sooooo happy and am seriously considering this proposal.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk After i wrote this i thought oh maaaan, as lots of smart woman also like wearing make up lol, just look at us lot !This lady is more of a book worm and i think she thought i was quite nutty when i went on about Goober grape lol. I told her that i really wanted some goober grape as it reminds me of when i lived in the USA, even if it is very fattening.

She was like oh yeah, i know that stuff and i am looking forward to talking to her next week. When i lived in Colorado, people went out of there way to make me feel at home and this lady lives in a really posh area where people are a bit toffee nosed and snobbish but she is very down to earth and friendly. After Italy, i have never been so welcomed by the locals as i was in the usa. Such lovely people over there.

They couldnt do enough to help me out and make me feel at home.

Im holding a party for Halloween in October and i will ask her to bring her kids .

I was thinking of a fancy dress theme in medieval garb.

I have had a proposal of marriage this week. I have to get divorced first though but im sooooo happy and am seriously considering this proposal.

OMG DOnna WTF are you thinking???!!! LOL. You have just gone through a divorce. Please!!! Give life some time, girl. Oh sheesh!!!! Lordy lordy lordy.

scared.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian OMG DOnna WTF are you thinking???!!! LOL. You have just gone through a divorce. Please!!! Give life some time, girl. Oh sheesh!!!! Lordy lordy lordy.

scared.jpg

2nd that..You need some"YOU" time..Or if you do decide to except being it's not our place to tell you how to live your life,make it a LONGGGGGGGG engagement..Say..2yrs

Hi DonnamaryUK, I think its great you have met a new friend! She sounds interesting and nice. I think it was brilliant you telling her about MakeUpTalk,and you never know she might like to have come and have a look (hopefully). I talk about MakeUpTalk to friends as well (since i love it so much). Mabe you and this lady will become really good friends. I hope so and good luck.

Latest posts

Back