I need help, or else i'll shave it

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ..
seeing all the beauty experts here couraged me to ask you some silly questions i've alwaays
wanted to know which i'm sure most of you know it .. :l

I have a normal/dry hair, and it's kinda wavy -not curely - and always looks like a terribale mess specially after washing it
frown.gif

a lot of people tell me that my hair type is one of the best, since it's so flexable and can look very nice natrually ..
the thing is, I've never figured out HOW !!
i mean i've tried almost everything, the iron (which storngly damaged my hair)
the curlers ( i never reached the result i wanted with it, never)
applying a big amount of hair mousse/gel and leave it till it drys (no need to tell ya, lookd like the old witch that never combes her hair
biggrin.gif
)
so, i really don't know what to do with it ... any more tips??

the other thing i wanted to ask about is this look:

2352_2412_Simpson-Ashlee-06-400.jpg

polly4.jpg

polly5.jpg

2383_2475_Duff_Hilary_03-400-lo.jpg

you got the picture,

I simply loooooove the hair when it looks this way,looks so natrual and i think it's easy to do too, or isn't it? :
it looks very nice and appropriate for every part of the day ..which i believe is a good thing for me, if not all of us
so if anyone knows how to get this look or even close to it
it would be really nice of you to post it here ..

please don't forget your recommendations on the products that may help .. :icon_love

have you ever tried putting a small amount of product (mousse, gel, curl defining cream) and braiding it after you wash it?... when my hair was relaxed doing that would give me nice waves... so if you are already wavy, i figure doing something like that would help to define your waves... HTH
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NoOoRy

Hello ..
seeing all the beauty experts here couraged me to ask you some silly questions i've alwaays

wanted to know which i'm sure most of you know it .. :l

I have a normal/dry hair, and it's kinda wavy -not curely - and always looks like a terribale mess specially after washing it
frown.gif

a lot of people tell me that my hair type is one of the best, since it's so flexable and can look very nice natrually ..

the thing is, I've never figured out HOW !!

i mean i've tried almost everything, the iron (which storngly damaged my hair)

the curlers ( i never reached the result i wanted with it, never)

applying a big amount of hair mousse/gel and leave it till it drys (no need to tell ya, lookd like the old witch that never combes her hair
biggrin.gif
)

so, i really don't know what to do with it ... any more tips??

the other thing i wanted to ask about is this look:

2352_2412_Simpson-Ashlee-06-400.jpg

polly4.jpg

polly5.jpg

2383_2475_Duff_Hilary_03-400-lo.jpg

you got the picture,

I simply loooooove the hair when it looks this way,looks so natrual and i think it's easy to do too, or isn't it? :

it looks very nice and appropriate for every part of the day ..which i believe is a good thing for me, if not all of us

so if anyone knows how to get this look or even close to it

it would be really nice of you to post it here ..

please don't forget your recommendations on the products that may help .. :icon_love

Show us a pic of yours.

I have hair that is curly, but not mega curly so I know the kind of problems you can get.

First thing to do is get yourself to a good hairdresser. Having a good hair cut is really important when you have this kind of hair, it can stop it from looking to heavy and like a big nest. Make sure you take a picture of exactly what you want and explain what you like about your hair and what you'd like to change. A good hairdresser should talk you through this and exactly what they are going to do with your hair. I love my hairdresser now, she's fab.

My second tip is watch what the hairdresser does when they're styling your hair and don't be afraid to ask questions about how they get particular effects and what products they use. I found my HG hair product on my last trip to the hairdressers. It's Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock, it's a cream and it cost £10.50 (approx $19) from the hairdressers or I've found it for £8.45 (approx $15) from HQhair.com. It might sound a lot but I only need a pea sized amount for my whole head. I put it on, then either just leave my hair to dry naturally, or to get more defined curls I twist it around my fingers then leave it to dry naturally. Either way gives a really natural look.

I'm also careful about the kind of shampoo that I use. I use Aveda Shampure because it cleans my hair but leaves it feeling soft and I can sometimes get away without conditioner. I use a whole range of conditioners depending upon how I feel my hair is, for everyday use I love Aussie 3 minute miracle (I have the regular version but they do one for frizzy hair now), every 5 shampoos I use Aveda Cherry/Almond Bark and leave it on for 5 mins, once a month I use Tigi Bedhead chocolate head which leaves it feeling really shiny and sometimes I use a leave in conditioner if it's feeling particularly dry or the weather is humid.

Sorry for the long post, I hope it helps. the biggest thing I've found out about my hair is that it looks better when I don't do too much to it. It rarely sees a hairdryer, and I only use the straightners when I want it straight, that way it stays in good condition.

In the pictures you posted, they all seem to have somewhat fine hair. It's much easier to get this look with fine hair as oppsed to thick or coarse. You can get a long layer cut, framed around the face with angles, and use a texturizing spray with some putty or pomade and just separate & tousle it for waves. Braids are a good idea if your waves aren't uniformly patterned... a body wave could help this too. I like Sexy Hair Concept products, and also John Frieda's Ocean Waves Spray... my hair is shot from chemical straightening.... but if your hair is 'normal' you should be just fine
wink.gif

Mine is wavy, but it's gotten straighter throughout the years. Don't know if it's from products or not. What I do is after I take a shower, I put my hair in a bun and sleep that way. Before I leave for where I'm going in the morning I just take the bun out and apply some hairsrpay.

Here's what I do for my naturally curly/wavy hair:

After washing my hair, I get out of the shower and apply a leave in conditionr and leave it alone. NO scrunching or fussing or mussing. Just leave it alone to air dry. Once it's air dried, I bend over and brush it out and apply a spray gel or a bit of hairspray and lightly scrunch it to give maximum hold, body and curl. It works for me. What I've found is that the more you touch/wash/brush/fuss with your hair, the more frizz you will have.

Try differnt things till you and your hair can agree what works for you.
icon_wink.gif

This should work...

Try putting your hair in braids about an inch thick, and fasten with elastics. Wash your hair with the braids in, then once you're out of the shower, lightly spray the braids with a bit of hairspray or volumizing spray (apply SPARINGLY, lol)

Then, blowdry the braids on the coolest setting until they are partially dry, but still a little wet (if that makes any sense). Undo the braids and spray in Big Sexy Hair "Flip it Over" spray or Big Sexy Hair "Spray and Play" spray and 'scrunch' your hair with your hands-- either of those sprays are AMAZING for waves, and fun because you get to scrunch your hair
icon_redface.gif
hehe.

Although its a fairly long process, it does work for Jennifer Aniston-style waves!

Have fun
icon_cheesygrin.gif
~!

omg, Thanks sooooooooo much you guys, I tried a most of them, and some worked really good,the bun,ikebana way "if i might say but didn't use the same products
frown.gif
i couldn't find them any where" and specialy the big braids,

sorry for the delay in response i was outta town for a while ^^

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back