I need makeup suggestions to go with this dress

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I´m gonna do some hardcore partying the day after my exam is over (July 1st) and I have a MAC makeover scheduled in the afternoon. my problem: what I´m gonna be wearing is the craziest color I own. I know the dress doesn´t look like much just hanging there, but it´s really stretchy and hugs every curve.

so I need some suggestions on what to ask for during my makeover. I should probably go almost barefaced cuz the dress is pretty spectacular itself, but I wanna look my best that night.

all I know is that I wanna get Quiver Pearlizer-I just don´t know about eye or lip colors.

HELP
redface.gif

ditto with trisha. since there is a lot going on with the dress, you don't want a lot of bright colors, especially any blues.

since you said it hugs all of curves, maybe like a sultry, smokey look with neutrals. not a black smokey look since the dresslooks kind of summery and bright.

great suggestions Liz and Trisha,

I barely own any neutrals anyway so that´s the perfect excuse to get some. and a really black smokey eye looks too dramatic on me anyway

Originally Posted by Trisha Something like:
Naked Lunch to highlight

Bagatelle on lid

Blue Peep to line

Sunbasque on cheeks

Love Nectar on lips

I think this would look fab!

Do you have Sunbasque blush and Love nectar l/g Arielle? If not i think you should invest in them x

no, don´t have either one of them. but doesn´t Love Nectar look very similar to Wonderstruck (I have that one)? the description of sunbasque on MAC.com sounds good-so I really might get that one and break the routine of my always pink blushes.

the whole look sounds good, you´re the best, Trisha. I´ve been looking for a good highlight e/s color anyway.

Originally Posted by Trisha here ya go Arielle, just for reference:
WONDERSTRUCKLOVENECTAR.jpg

Love Nectar applies more peachy than it looks there, but it is not similar to Wonderstruck! i think you'd love it Arielle! x

aw how sweet of you, trisha!!!!!!! :icon_love 1-2-bought! Wonderstruck is a lil too peachy for my cool skin type anyway. I already love the look of Love Nectar!

naked lunch and bagatelle and love nectar are great. my faves!

Originally Posted by Trisha I knew you'd approve Liz! x
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol! you give great advice, it's hard not to agree. hehe

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks hunny, they will look fab on Arielle, dont ya think? x arielle always looks great in things!

Oooh, awesome suggestions! I totally agree with going bronzy, versus matching the dress. Naked Lunch (highlight) + Bagatelle (lid) + Elite or Mulch (crease) would be really nice. Try out a lip gelee if you haven't -- Saplicious is the best neutral one.

Oooh, and ask the MA to try out Skinshimmer on your arms & decolletage (if you wanna be shimmery & sparkly!
wink.gif
)

Have fun & post pics, party girl!

Would even the Blue Peep be too much with the dress? And I'm not sure about Blue Peep with a neutral shadow -- I have similar (but slightly darker) turquoise liner and I didn't like it with neutral shadows, I like it better with colored or white shadows...

I think a good neutral or bronze eye would look awesome, nothing too bright on the lips or cheeks either -- just kind of a whole "my face but better" look! lol Maybe some fun shimmer though since it is a party
wink.gif
I just think you should keep the focus on the dress since it is so bright and sexy!

thanks everybody. Joy, I almost forgot about skinshimmer-lets hope it´s available by July 1st.

and I think I might skip the blue peep. I´ve worn it with neutrals before and I only liked it so-so.

but I will totally get everything you suggested, Trisha.

and I will definitely take pics. this is my first complete makeover EVER and I´m soo excited.

btw, it´s about $50.- over here. I think I read it´s only $40.- in the US, but I will probably spend more than 50 anyway so it´s ok
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Oooh, awesome suggestions! I totally agree with going bronzy, versus matching the dress. Naked Lunch (highlight) + Bagatelle (lid) + Elite or Mulch (crease) would be really nice. Try out a lip gelee if you haven't -- Saplicious is the best neutral one. that eye combo is what i do when i don't feel ike being "out there" with my makeup and when i don't feel like trying to come up with something. i love that combo!

Originally Posted by Trisha here ya go Arielle, just for reference:
WONDERSTRUCKLOVENECTAR.jpg

Love Nectar applies more peachy than it looks there, but it is not similar to Wonderstruck! i think you'd love it Arielle! x

OOOHHH I really like that love nectar,cant belive i missed it at mac, and i said i wasnt going back for more makeup,but this is something small hehe
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I spose its horses for courses! I've never heard this expression before! What does it mean??

Originally Posted by Trisha Here is an example of neutral with a lil colour:

ok trisha, you managed change my mind. but what wouldn´t look good on YOU?
wink.gif

I was thinking the same as Liz --- a strong, smokey neutral eye and peachy-pink summer lips.

Yes, I agree with the smokey eye and the peach lips. If it were ME wearing that dress, I would do my bronze goddess look: Orange eyes with gold dust over the top, bronzer everywhere with gold dust on my face, hot peach blush and a gold gloss.. I like to go crazy even if the outfit is crazy.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Yes, I agree with the smokey eye and the peach lips. If it were ME wearing that dress, I would do my bronze goddess look: Orange eyes with gold dust over the top, bronzer everywhere with gold dust on my face, hot peach blush and a gold gloss.. I like to go crazy even if the outfit is crazy. I like this look too! We definately want to see some crazy pics!

I agree with the bronze shadow look or maybe even a nice gold shimmer, but I think because the dress is so blue you might want to try a green liner with it. Kinda like the green in the pattern. That's just what I would do though...I like pulling colors out of things that you wouldn't normally focus on.

Latest posts

Back