I need some help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lia

Reaction score
Well, my class is arranging a boat travel and we're planning on doing a simple breakfast for 100 people but then i know NOTHING about quantities of food that i might need...

We're planning on having fruits, bread, cheese, ham and butter/cream cheese

With fruit, if you do melons and stuff like that, get around five watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, etc., dice it up and put it into large bowls. You may want to get some more just in case, but that sounds good.

As for bread...for 100 people, it'll probably take more than five loaves, so maybe 15? 20?

Butter and cream cheese...get a few tubs of each...chances are you won't have 100 people pounding through 5 tubs of cream cheese and butter -- but maybe 5 is good to be on the safe side.

As for cheese and ham...are you looking for sliced cheese and ham? If you're planning on that, you know FOR SURE that you will need a few lbs each, since 1lb is practically nothing. That may end up being way expensive and definitely time consuiming...so maybe if you just got a bunch of packaged cheese at the store, small-medium sized, you may need a lot...over 15. If you can get a large size, get two or three. That will definitely be enough to serve everyone.

Haha, this is hard! HTH though...however I can!

I have been to various continental breakfasts that have had many attendees (100+ people).

What I tend to see are about 4 meat and cheese platters. The meat and cheese slices are arranged nicely on a large flat, round dish. There might be four or five of these.

The bread served is usually bagels, or loaf bread cut up into slices. If you are looking at 16 inch loaves (~40 cm), you could probably get up to four loaves, and cut all the slices in half, so people will be making half sandwiches.

Fruit platters are always a staple. Get four large platters of fruit. The fruit is usually cut into cubes or square pieces, and arranged in a rainbow around the round, flat dish. Sometimes, there is a small bowl of yogurt in the center of the platter for people to dip the fruit in.

Sometimes, people also like to put out a few dozen mini breakfast muffins, but it's not necessary.

For drinks, hot coffee can be poured from thermoses or hot pitchers. Tea drinkers should have hot water provided in a thermos or hot pitcher, and a selection of teabags would be in a basket beside it. Of course, foam cups should be provided so people can drink the hot beverages comfortably.

Cool water, and juice is also nice to have. You may want to serve it in individual bottles or cans, or you may want a large juice dispenser. Regular paper cups should be provided if they don't get their own bottles.

Of course, napkins, and forks, and medium sized paper plates are good to provide also.

I hope this helps.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info, people!

But our class dropped the idea (thank god) and we're going to team with another class that has everything arranged for the boat trip (without breakfast)

Back