I need some tips..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, I'm trying to figure out how to make myself look.. well, alive. I find my face to be dull. I have no idea what colors go with my skin tone and stuff..

this is me:

x fair skin

x black eyes

x auburn-ish hair

x non-existant lower lashes
frown.gif

x the dryest skin known to mankind

x dark circles

x sensitive skin (it gets irritated easliy and gets all red and stupid)

I sometimes try to make my eyes stand out by using dark brown eyeshadow, but that just accentuates my dark circles. No matter HOW MUCH concealer I apply. I tried everything, eye creams, I tried the tip about using a bit of white liner inside the corner to draw attention away. Nope. I still look dead tired and my eyes just... fade away. I want to try to make my eyes look big and bright.. which is really hard cause they're BLACK.. Any tips??

I'll post a picture:

uggo.jpg

images/smilies2/icon_neutral.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jaimielovesben Alright, I'm trying to figure out how to make myself look.. well, alive. I find my face to be dull. I have no idea what colors go with my skin tone and stuff..
this is me:

x fair skin

x black eyes

x auburn-ish hair

frown.gif

x dark circles

I sometimes try to make my eyes stand out by using dark brown eyeshadow, but that just accentuates my dark circles. No matter HOW MUCH concealer I apply. I tried everything, eye creams, I tried the tip about using a bit of white liner inside the corner to draw attention away. Nope. I still look dead tired and my eyes just... fade away. I want to try to make my eyes look big and bright.. which is really hard cause they're BLACK.. Any tips??

I'll post a picture:

uggo.jpg

Thanks!

Jamie I understand your problem with your dark circles, I have them too and it's always a problem!! You have to find the concealer that that it's best for you, that will cover most of the dark circles it's very hard to find a concealer that will cover all of your dark circles!!
I'm not a color expert but I think green eyeshadows would be very nice of you!! You should choose a make up brand that you like and go to the counter and let the make up artist help you shoose the right shades of foundation, eyeshadows and lipglosses or lipsticks whatever you like!!!

Also if you say that your skin looks very dull you need a foundation that has illuminating result!!

I also have dark cirles, and I agree with Sophia that finding your perfect concealor is going to be more trial and error than anything else!! I'm still on the search for a concealor to completely cover my dark circles. Right now I'm using Max Factor's Panstik, and while it's nice, it's not my HG by any means because it doesn't completely cover!! So when I get the chance, I'll be trying something else.
tongue.gif
One's on my list to try are: KA SSE, Stila Perfecting Concealor, MAC Studio Finish, and BB Creamy Concealor. Oh, I must also mention the only other concealor I really liked for undereyes is Clinique City Cover Compact Concealor - it's full coverage and long lasting. I need to repurchase sometime because I do like it for fall/winter.

As for e/s colors, I agree with Sophia that I think greens would look great on you!!
biggrin.gif
I love green e/s on people with red hair for whatever reason. When I had red hair, I wore lots of green. I also wore a lot of neutrals.

You're really cute, btw!!
smile.gif
Hope this helps some!

Purple and brown color eyeshadows will make dark circles look worse. Try a yellow gold color eyeshadow, I like Urban Decay Blunt and the various Midnight Cowboy eyeshadows.

I think your eyes would look fab in grass type greens and some gold! Nothing too dark, you have a sweet young face and should play it up!

Your skin looks great in that picture
icon_smile.gif

I don't see any of the problems you were talking about but it's hard to judge by one picture. I think you look super cute....no dark circles at all!

As for color, I agree with the rest of the girls that green would look killer with your hair and complexion. But it's only one option, there are many that could work it's just a matter of finding the right shades of different colors. If you have seriously dry skin you should see a skin dr. and get a moisturizer that will rid you of that problem.Makeup looks better and sticks better to well hydrated smooth skin.

green and gold i agree.

suggestion:

boy-girl brow set

soft brown crease

hush lid

pinch o' peach blush

strip down lip liner

cherish lipstick

c-thru gloss

clarins skin care :

Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream

AND

Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion Gentle Day Cream Gentle Night Cream

--> --> --> Sensitive skin is fragile skin. It can feel hot to the touch and even appear red in areas. It is easily irritated and reacts to atmospheric variations. This sensitivity can be caused by external factors such as climate or sun exposure or from aggressive, unsuitable skin care products. Certain medication, alcohol and spicy food can also lead to skin sensitivity.

p.s. you are very beautiful

Your a cutie!

When I had red hair last summer I found I looked quite washed out, I applied a cream bronzer all over my face lightly, and highlighted other bits, such as cheekbones with a power bronzer. I used purple, gold and also gray eyeshadows and I found they worked well. Experiment and see what you like =D

Have you checked out this thread for making your eyes look bigger?

I also have small eyes (though mine are blue!) and I've found that white and light colored shadows make my eyes look bigger, while dark colored eyeshadows tend to make my eyes look smaller. Also, I think that putting liner or shadow on the lower lid makes my eyes look smaller, so I only line the upper lid. (Though I still use mascara on the lower lashes, since they are blonde and invisible without mascara!)

And of course, on days that you don't feel like doing much with your eyes, you could always wear some great lipgloss or lipstick and draw the attention to your lips instead!
smile.gif

Hope that helps!

You are so cute!

The color I see on you is gold. In this picture you don't appear to have dark circles but when I don't get enough sleep, like today, I will use my BeneFit Eye Bright pencil. I also use a lid primer everyday because my lids are dark. Then I use Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance as a eye color. It perks my eyes up just right.

You should also avoid dark eyeliner under your eyes and use a very smudge-proof mascara.

Oh, and WELCOME to MUT!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jaimielovesben Alright, I'm trying to figure out how to make myself look.. well, alive. I find my face to be dull. I have no idea what colors go with my skin tone and stuff..
this is me:

x fair skin

x black eyes

x auburn-ish hair

frown.gif

x dark circles

I'll post a picture:

uggo.jpg

Thanks!

Hi! Welcome to MUT!! You are very pretty! Here's some suggestions and tips for you....
-Have you tried Lash Tinting for your non-existent lower lashes??? Not all states allow it but it is worth looking in too. Your lashes will be black and very existent!

- For dry skin (like mine) I have used so many great products. Benefit Dear John is an amazing rich cream that delivers moisture without shine, I also like L'Occitane Extra-Moisture Cream.

- Dark Circles.... For concealer you must get Amazing Cosmetics. You can buy it online and at some Sephora stores. This concealer covers it all!

- I personally love soft shimmery lavenders and plums on brown eyes. Also avoid a black eyeliner and try something a little softer like grey or even navy.

-Finally...It is my opinion that the easiest way to brighten a dull complexion is with Benefit Dandelion. It is a face brightening powder with light reflecting minerals. It is ideal for your skin color and would make a huge difference!

Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Back