I need the perfect mac eyeshadow colors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a broke college student but I realllly need(want) new eyeshadow. I only have like 5 mac ones and im so bored with them now. I only have the money for maybe 4-5 eyeshadows. Basically, tell me you favorite/the best color: green, smokey/gray/black, cream/beigy color, purple

or any spectacular color that i havent mentioned that you think everyone should have!

I need the essentials but I cant go crazy!! Just like one of each color.

must haves/kit staples= nylon, shroom or ricepaper (as a highlight)

humid, juxt or swimming (3 very diff greens)

parfeit amor, plum dressing or nocturnelle (3 diff purples)

carbon, black tied or nehru (for smokey eyes)

gorgeous gold, goldmine or amber lights (3 diff gold shades)

freshwater, surreal, contrast (popular blues)

sushi flower, expensive pink, pink venus (um... pinks)

mulch, satin taupe, woodwinked (pretty shimmery browns)

any combo of those shades can get you on your way to a great kit! buying refills and palletes from a mac store will save you money as well. also if you depott your existing shadows or have other empty containers, you can bring them to a mac store for back to mac and get one new shadow for every 6 you bring back (counters only give free lipsticks, but stores will give lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow).

Here are my picks....

Humid- Green

Carbon- Black

Vanilla and Gesso- Cream and White

Parfait Amor- Purple

I also really love Club. It's an interesting color greenish brown color. Everyone should own Electric Eel as well.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here are my picks....
Carbon- Black

Vanilla and Gesso- Cream and White

Everyone should own Electric Eel as well.

I've never tried these colors but I've seen them on other people and I like them
smile.gif
Especially EE!

Humid or Swimming for the green...

Carbon if you want a matte black, or black tied if you want a little shimmer.

Trax is an awesome color.. Satellite Dreams for purples. I'm not big on purples lately. Parfait Amour sounds pretty, I might have to try that one day.

All That Glitters, Vanilla, and Ricepaper are pretty for beiges... but there are sooo many others.

I don't know... I can't decide. I love them all. I think I have too many MAC e/s palettes.

Thanks girls

What do you think of the smoke signals palletes? Would it be better to buy one of those than just like one smokey shadow?

For greens I like Guacamole, Shimmermoss, Swimming, and Humid

Black Tied is my favorite black, I like the shimmer

If you like a bright blue, I agree with Manders, Electril Eel is amazing, I also like Waternymph and aquadisiac.

I like Beautiful Iris for purple.

Some of my favorite neutrals are Jete, Honeylust, Woodwinked, Amberlights (neutrals)

You didn't mention pinks, but I love Sushiflower and Playful, and I think they would be very pretty on you!

I think the Gentle Fumes quad looks nice for a smokey look. Unfortunately I can't afford it right now.

Some of my fav combos are:

Jest and Knight Divine (light peach/pink and gunmetal grey)

All That Glitters and Club (goldish beige and duochrome brown) - ATG also looks nice with Trax or Twinks

Woodwinked and Sumptuous olive (gold and golden green/brown)

Moon's Reflection and Tempting (light blue and chocolate brown) - MS also looks nice with Knight Divine

Neutrals-- Honey Lust, and Woodwinked.

Purples-- Trax, Nocturnelle, and Star Violet.

ahh mindy!! u saved my day because i am having a similar problem(except the broke part)

wanted to shopfrom MAc for my wedding!

so prepared to go a long way , but i didnt knew about the colors!!

now i would just grab something from here
biggrin.gif

thanks for making this topic

These are ones I've been loving these days- Both Smoke Signals Palettes- If you want black smokey eyes go for the Gentle Fumes palette. I'm also loving Shroom for highlight, Satin Taupe, Mulch, Noctournelle and my fav pink is Pink Venus.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks girls
What do you think of the smoke signals palletes? Would it be better to buy one of those than just like one smokey shadow?

i would buy knight divine, its a great smokey shade that goes with almost everything. i bought the gental fumes quad from smoke signals i do like it alot, but since your on a tight budget you want to like and use every color and that might not be the case when you buy a quad.

Yeah I have the smoke signals palettes, but there's only like 2 colors on each quad that I like... so for me, it was a mistake buying them. They are nothing great. I'd maybe get the palettes from the upcoming antiquitease. The smokey palatte sounds good and you get six shadows. There is also a metallic palette, warm, and cool one. I have all of the shades on the warm palette though I think.

I just bought one today, Femme Noir, a forest green color. It's my first green purchase. It's now one of my new favorites.

Originally Posted by ArtistryByErin /img/forum/go_quote.gif must haves/kit staples= nylon, shroom or ricepaper (as a highlight)humid, juxt or swimming (3 very diff greens)

parfeit amor, plum dressing or nocturnelle (3 diff purples)

carbon, black tied or nehru (for smokey eyes)

gorgeous gold, goldmine or amber lights (3 diff gold shades)

freshwater, surreal, contrast (popular blues)

sushi flower, expensive pink, pink venus (um... pinks)

mulch, satin taupe, woodwinked (pretty shimmery browns)

I would also had to that list Brule and Brown Down. But Erin pretty much hit the nail on the head with the rest of the colors.

Latest posts

Back