I need to GAIN!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I need tips on GAINING weight! yup, thats right! I'm only 15yrs 5'5'' and 105 pounds, and I hate my fast metabolism! I was earlier this year 115 and looking a little more healthy, but still not big enough! What foods are high in calories? And is there a trick to gain weight in other areas other than my tummy?? Because women in my family are known for that! And it sucks, please help!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 Ok I need tips on GAINING weight! yup, thats right! I'm only 15yrs 5'5'' and 105 pounds, and I hate my fast metabolism! I was earlier this year 115 and looking a little more healthy, but still not big enough! What foods are high in calories? And is there a trick to gain weight in other areas other than my tummy?? Because women in my family are known for that! And it sucks, please help!
eek.gif
Wow... I wish I had that problem! Let's switch!!
wink.gif
You should go see a nutritionist at your local gym... they can tell you what to eat so that you gain weight in muscle mass or lean fats, and to not just eat like a pig and put on unnecessary pounds. You should probably sway more toward proteins and avoid "empty calories" because you won't be getting any nutrients from them.. You can also check out the shakes and bars available at Vitamin stores...
redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Wow... I wish I had that problem! Let's switch!!
wink.gif
You should go see a nutritionist at your local gym... they can tell you what to eat so that you gain weight in muscle mass or lean fats, and to not just eat like a pig and put on unnecessary pounds. You should probably sway more toward proteins and avoid "empty calories" because you won't be getting any nutrients from them.. You can also check out the shakes and bars available at Vitamin stores...
redface.gif
ditto
smile.gif

I have the same problem, I'm also 5'5", and have been hovering around 110 lbs lately (was about 100-105 at your age) ... and whenever I do gain a few pounds it just turns into fat on my tummy
frown.gif
The problem is that I'm 24 now, and I have a hard time finding "grown-up" clothes in sizes small enough for me! I will probably have this problem for several more years at least; my mom was skinny like me until after she had her second child, and my dad still has a 30-inch waist...

One thing I can say is to make sure you exercise: when I started running track in high school, I actually gained weight from gaining muscle mass! After running 3-5 miles 6 days a week, sprinting up hills, and all the other crazy stuff they made us do, I had square calf muscles, very firm thighs, and a flat stomach, it was awesome! Now that I don't exercise and just study all day (I'm a grad student), my legs are skinny again and all the muscle in my legs turned into fat on my tummy, lol

Also, be careful about eating high calorie foods, make sure they're healthy too -- don't just go out and eat Big Macs everyday! Even if you are slender, you can still have a high body fat (if you have no muscle), high cholesterol, and/or other health problems caused by lack of nutrients. But if you're good about eating all your fruits, veggies, whole grains, protiens, and calcium, you can probably splurge on a few high-calorie items as well
wink.gif
(My mom always let me eat all the ice cream I wanted when I was in high school
icon_cheesygrin.gif
because I was skinny and I needed the calcium -- I have several risk factors for osteoporosis!) And if you tend to gain weight in your tummy, that is a risk factor for heart problems, so you don't want to start really bad eating habits that you'll just have to break later.

You might try the shakes or bars that NYAngel mentioned; my brother is even skinnier than me (I swear you can count every rib!) and his doctor recommended that he drink Ensure shakes along with his regular diet. He hasn't gained any weight, but he is also struggling with some other health problems right now which is probably preventing him from gaining weight.

Another thing to look into is allergies! When I started college I suddenly lost 10 lbs my first semester even though I was eating fattier foods and exercising less, and at one point I was only 92 lbs! I looked anorexic, you could see every bone in my body and I hated it, I was always wearing clothes that covered everything up, lol. The doctors did a lot of blood tests and such (testing for thyroid disorders, etc.) and couldn't find anything wrong. But when I started taking allergy medication for sinus headaches, I quickly gained all of that weight back -- it turns out that my body was using every calorie it could to fight the allergies! While you may just have a high metabolism, if your lifestyle hasn't changed yet you are still losing weight, you might want to talk to a doctor! (And it may not be allergies, it may be an overactive thyroid or any of those other things the doctors tested me for, I don't even remember.)

Anyways, those are my random thoughts, if anyone knows of a miracle fix that doesn't involve running 5 miles a day I'd love to hear it, lol

I've been having the same problem my whole life too! I've never gone over 100 lb (but I am short - 5'2"). I eat A LOT and can outeat a lot of guys
icon_eek.gif
but somehow the food just comes right out!
icon_frown.gif
Then about a year ago I started working out.. I run 3 miles everyday now and lift weights and I started looking more "meaty" (is that the right word? I don't know..) I try to eat healthy and try to eat lots of protein (but be careful with that cuz it gives you gas LOL). I have more curves and am more comfortable in my body.

With the right diet and exercise, I'm sure you'll reach your goal too! Good luck!!
wink.gif

oh god I know your problem. when I was 15 I was the same height as I am now (somewhere between 5`6 and 5`7) and weighed 105 pounds. I was NOT happy with myself, I would eat like 5 or 6 times a day just because I was always hungry and I´d eat lots of candy, meat and all that unhealthy stuff, desperately trying to gain weight. I had absolutely no curves and felt like I was trapped in a little girl´s body while everyone else started getting butts and boobs
icon_rolleyes.gif

by the time i hit 17 I slowly started to put on weight naturally. I still eat more meals a day than most people so people always wonder why I still stay skinny, my metabolism is still fast so I need to eat somthing at least every 3-4 hours or I´d start shaking an feeling weak.

nature has it´s way, since you´re 15 your weight might just increase when you get older. if not, see a nutritionist and ask for professional advice

I had that problem when I was younger(Just a couple years ago), I have a really fast metabolism naturally and was upset that I was really thin because people would ask if I was anorexic. The only thing that worked for me is birth control which has definitely made me gain about 12 lbs. I'm 112 5'4" which for me, is just about perfect. Nobody is obnoxious about my weight anymore, which is great. That was definitely the only thing that helped me- and I tried a LOT of things.

Ok girls i know your pain...i am 21 and i am 5'2 and 75 pounds...i am not anorexic i eat 3-4 meals a day and snack...last summer i gained a lot and was 90 pounds but now i don't know what to do i feel as if i am gonna go invisible...my metabolism is faster then me!!! I have seen the doctor and they just said to make sure i eat within the fivefood groups i have even tried weight gainers from the nutrition stores...if anyone comes up with something please let me know!

Originally Posted by Blondtgr I had that problem when I was younger(Just a couple years ago), I have a really fast metabolism naturally and was upset that I was really thin because people would ask if I was anorexic. The only thing that worked for me is birth control which has definitely made me gain about 12 lbs. I'm 112 5'4" which for me, is just about perfect. Nobody is obnoxious about my weight anymore, which is great. That was definitely the only thing that helped me- and I tried a LOT of things. Oh yeah, that's another thing that really worked is the birth control. I was using the patch for a little bit and gained weight while I was on it. But I think it depends on the person.. some gain and others lose weight. So be careful with which one you choose!
smile.gif

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I just wanted to add my experience. In High School, I weighed 102 and I'm 5'6". My mom was always hounding me that I was bulemic, because she saw me eating like a horse yet staying rail thin. I just had a super high metabolism. Well, when I turned 18, all of a sudden I got boobs and a booty overnight, and gained about 10-15 pounds. Now, almost 20 years later (wow, that makes me feel so old!), I wish I still had that high metabolism again! After 2 kids, and nearing 40, it's definitely harder to stay slim.

I say, enjoy your high metabolism! But be careful, a lot of girls as they enter college continue to eat like they did in high school and end up gaining a lot weight because their metabolisms are slowing down.

I understand the frustration. When I was younger I hated my size because everyone thought I was anorexic when in reality I just had a fast metabolism. I weighed 80 lbs for the longest and was 5'1". I hated it! I started to go to a gym regularly when I was about 19 and was able to put some pounds on by gaining muscle and also "bulked up" a bit but not too much. It totally helped the way I felt about myself, though. People started commenting differently like saying, "You're so little," instead of, "You're so skinny," which I always took offensively. I'm now 28, still small, and still a bottomless pit. I weigh 93 lbs and have for the last few years. I don't work out as much as I used to but i've been able to maintain my weight somehow. As you get older, you will appreciate it much more. Think of it as a gift and enjoy your metabolism while you have it!

Latest posts

Back