I NEED to know how to do this hairstyle!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to get this look! grrrr. I can't figure it out :)

hilary.jpg

Thanks a ton!

-me

Begin by blowdrying your hair straight with some type of product in so you get more hold. The rest is all major back-combing and tons of hairspray. Once your hair is all high you just have to shape it into that shape. It looks to me from the picture that her hair is pulled into a low ponytail.

All that back-combing is really tough on your hair though!Give it a try, you might not get it right the first time but with practice, you'll be a pro. Post pics of your results!

I agree with you though, I like this look. Rock n' Roll meets glamour!
wink.gif

I agree with Gamaki... once you tease the hair in front, you can pull it back and secure with several bobby pins. The more teased the hair is, it'll be easier to secure.

Off topic, but man, is Hilary wearing false lower lashes?? She's adorable, but yikes!

I recommend doing this hairstyle when your hair hasn't been washed in a couple days-- that way its easier to tease and there is more texture.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I agree with Gamaki... once you tease the hair in front, you can pull it back and secure with several bobby pins. The more teased the hair is, it'll be easier to secure.
Off topic, but man, is Hilary wearing false lower lashes?? She's adorable, but yikes!

Yep, upper and lower falsies for sure!!! This look can be cute with pale lips. Your eyes really stand out.

Would be great if we could see the back on this style, there are really two ways of doing this.

1. Take the top section of hair, tease it and smooth just the top layer of it out and then pin it back, and pull the rest of the hair in a pony.

2. Same as above but instead of a pony you could kinda twist it up with pins, so you would not have the hair hanging in the back.

You got it.. lots of teasing. And also my fav line SexyHairConcepts has a spray (BigSexy Spray & play Harder) that will keep the style locked in for hours. And yeah, if your hair is clean... NO conditioner!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok! Thanks for ALL of your help. That was a lot of help! Now....hehe, i have to tell you something, don't laugh! I'm a guy, and i do photography. And i LOVE this look. So i wanted to learn this, so i can do it on my girls! So.... a little help here. How do you actually 'tease' hair! :)

thanks a million

Originally Posted by tsbuhler Ok! Thanks for ALL of your help. That was a lot of help! Now....hehe, i have to tell you something, don't laugh! I'm a guy, and i do photography. And i LOVE this look. So i wanted to learn this, so i can do it on my girls! So.... a little help here. How do you actually 'tease' hair! :)

thanks a million

icon_cheesygrin.gif
No need to be ashamed!! That's really cool! Anyway, to "tease" the front segment of the hair, you have to back-comb it: first leave a smooth piece of hair out at the front to cover the teasing, and then get some of the hair behind it and get a comb and push the hair downwards (comb against the hair, not with it
icon_smile.gif
) so it becomes frizzy and semi-knotted (don't worry their hair will be OK). Too much teasing can damage the hair though, so don't do this all the time!
Ok, these instructions may not have been great, but try looking for a "Pompadour Tutorial" or a "Faux Hawk Tutorial" on google or somthing. Good Luck!

I have to ask, what type of photography do you do-- that is so interesting!

I agree with a lot of the advice the girls have offered so far, but I 'd suggest that when you section off the front part of you hair you section it off in a triangular shape with the point starting at your grown and getting wider towards the front of you head.

Section off the front part of this section, then backcomb the rest of it.

Backcomb the roots of the extra bit you've sectioned off, then smooth it over the rest of the backcombed bit.

Tuck the ends under and secure with pins, et voila, finished quiff.

Thanks to ALL of you! You guys are awesome! I do portrait photography! if you want to visit my photography website. It's The prices page is messed up. But i will give you an idea of what i do :)

thanks again for everything

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I am so sorry about putting my link here. I figured because my 'prices' page was messed up, that i wouldn't be advertising! Again i am so sorry! I won't happen again :)

thank you ,

travis

Dear Charmaine, I have got waist length somewhat straight, wavy black hair. I put regular ponies or a clip or plait it sometimes when i am at work. But im always in a fix at to how to keep my hair when I'm out at a party or otherwise when it's wet. To keep my hair open it should either be straight or curly. What do you suggest on straightening or perming the hair? I like the natural look if straightened. Can you adv of any sideeffects or loss of hair due harsh chemicals used. Is highlighting essential after a straighten? If I blowdry I either get a headache due too dry scalp and my hair looks very scanty. What should I do to thicken my hair from the roots.....Anything Indian..which is not too expensive..?? Thank you

Originally Posted by Charmaine I'm sorry PRITI but this is a different thread regarding hair and hairstyles. In order to get a proper response, you need to make your own thread about this topic. Thnx Char!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Dear Char,

How do I go about making a NEW THREAD in the CORRECT FORUM..??

I believe this was the forum for hair hence put my grievance across. I am sorry if I have inconvenienced all of you.

Dear Char,

How do I go about making a NEW THREAD in the CORRECT FORUM..??

I believe this was the forum for hair hence put my grievance across. I am sorry if I have inconvenienced all of you.

I am new to this hence do not know the set procedures. Please make me aware. Thank you

Latest posts

Back