I need to "tone it down" at work.. help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad it worked itself out & that you're feeling a little more @ ease. I still think you looked fabulous that day I met up w/you & hope they'll be more supportive in your efforts to "fit in" & still maintain your individuality.

Delighted to hear it went well yesterday Scarlette. As you said yourself "I am going to do what my boss says because I want to stay on her good side and they offered me a really great hourly pay".. the pay sounds good so tone down as much as possible for work & then do as Trisha does.. go WILD on your days off & when you're going at night.

Oh & i agree with Tony, post pics soon of the new "toned down" look

Good news Scarlette.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Yay... this is WONDERFUL, you guys! I am so excited to see how supportive you are and I will love you forever!
Today I wore just concealer on spots and very light powder. I thinned down my upper lash line MAC fluidline so it wasn't so dark, I wore light powder shadows and no liner on the bottom lid, I put white instead. LIght pink blush and light pink liner with a very neautral lipstick. I looked in the mirror and wanted to die.. LOL..I know I am being such a baby about this, but I was pissed.

I wore a red shirt just to make myself happy haha.. so my experience at work was a bit different. YES.. customers treated me better and YES it seemed like they were more comfortable being around me with makeup since I barely had any on. I will admit my boss is right about what the customer feels comfortable seeing, but it's Berkeley.. hello.. there are a lot of punks and hippies, just a mix of people, I wouldn't think I would be such a "shock", but apparently when they walk into a store where they are spending money, they want the MAs to look like freaking Oscar winning celebrities.

I am starting to understand the requirement, yet when I came to work today, I noticed most of the girls I work with were wearing more makeup than me, so I don't know what is going on, but I am going to do what my boss says because I want to stay on her good side and they offered me a really great hourly pay hahah.. so I can't argue at all.

I will deal with it.. I will post pictures soon!

For those that don't know.. I've worked for Benefit for two years inside of Macy's.. totally diff. demographics. People LOVED crazy makeup at Macy's because they were all about MAC there, and I was trying to catch attention, and it worked!

glad to hear Krista! Maybe after awhile once everything blows over, you can creep in some extra eyeliner & work your way tippy toe by tippy toe
wink.gif
LOL

Back