I remember.......

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just watching this TV show about old candies and stuff thats long out of style.. I thought i would ask ya'all what it is, that you loved as a kid and can't find now or just isn't "cool" anymore.. doesn't have to be CANDY!

I remember:

[*]Marathon candy bars (they were so good!).

[*]Kaboom! Cereal.

[*]Ring doorbells and run (all in good fun)

[*]Dodgeball!

[*]OUr park had a big "shed" that was locked all year except for the summer.. then a town employee who served as our "day camp counselor" would open the box every day and we would have somewhere to go and plenty of stuff to do. In the box was craft items, paddles for games, things like that. I dont even think any park has these anymore.

[*]MTV had videos!

[*]Colecovision

1. The Thriller video..we were awestruck, any 80's music for that matter(which I still love) the music and videos blew me away!

2. Boo Berry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula cereal

3. Big league chew, Tubble Bubble(gum in a tube that squirted out like toothpaste-yeah so great for the teeth), pop rocks

4. Breakdancing with cardboard on the walls in the basement

5. TV shows like different strokes, facts of life, dukes of hazzard, incredible hulk, A team,dallas, love boat- the movies too....

6. prank calls(nothing threatening)

7. Pop in glass bottles..oh I miss those=Fanta, Orange crush, cream soda, grape

8. Ketchup chips

9. Miss Pacman, Pacman, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Galliga

10. some of the clothing we used to wear-the old nikes, white with red swoosh

11. roller skating and skateboarding

Too many memories...

I miss all of the classic Nickelodeon shows from the '80s & early '90s, such as Fifteen (the ultimate cheesy teenage soap opera), Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, You Can't Do That On Television, Double Dare, etc. I love totally cheesy television.

Oh, and there was a non-Nickelodeon show that starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was called Swann's Crossing. Totally horrible yet entirely addictive. Who else watched that?

Originally Posted by peekaboo 11. roller skating and skateboarding

Too many memories...

My first skates were those plastic Fisher Price adjustable ones that attached to your regular sneakers. I hated them!

OMG we had those too spazbaby, they were adjustable and fit over your shoes. I remember moving on up to those ugly brown ones at the rink and felt bad because we had to rent them and people had there own. All the moves..shooting the duck and the glow in the dark lights at the rink skating to Mr. Roboto..ha ha good times

Originally Posted by peekaboo OMG we had those too spazbaby, they were adjustable and fit over your shoes. I remember moving on up to those ugly brown ones at the rink and felt bad because we had to rent them and people had there own. All the moves..shooting the duck and the glow in the dark lights at the rink skating to Mr. Roboto..ha ha good times Yeah we had roller skating parties at the rink. We did the chicken dance and suitcase relay races. Good times! That rink no longer exists though...it's been knocked down and replaced by a plaza full of fast food restaurants
frown.gif

Originally Posted by peekaboo OMG we had those too spazbaby, they were adjustable and fit over your shoes. I remember moving on up to those ugly brown ones at the rink and felt bad because we had to rent them and people had there own. All the moves..shooting the duck and the glow in the dark lights at the rink skating to Mr. Roboto..ha ha good times They still have those skates!! And the brown ones too!

Nickelodeons "YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION" and "DOUBLE DARE" were my faves. I liked "CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL" - yeah I'm a dork.

Though you can still find them, HEATH candybars....I was told it was an 80's candybar. I was shocked that a candybar could go out of style.

Oh...and remember HYPERCOLOR shirts!!??

Melissa

Originally Posted by spazbaby I miss all of the classic Nickelodeon shows from the '80s & early '90s, such as Fifteen (the ultimate cheesy teenage soap opera), Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, You Can't Do That On Television, Double Dare, etc. I love totally cheesy television.
Oh, and there was a non-Nickelodeon show that starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was called Swann's Crossing. Totally horrible yet entirely addictive. Who else watched that?

OMG... I loved those shows too. I can't believe that someone else watched them too.

DEFINTE ditto on the old school nickolodeon shows! but also the old school disney shows like the mickey mouse club, the baby sitter's club and stuff.

i remember when disney was a cable channel, not a regular chanel, and disney would do like a free preview week on regular tv cable. i loved watching those shows!

Originally Posted by Marisol OMG... I loved those shows too. I can't believe that someone else watched them too. Heck yeah! I'd watch them all over again too. I would love to see that stuff come back.

Originally Posted by Liz DEFINTE ditto on the old school nickolodeon shows! but also the old school disney shows like the mickey mouse club, the baby sitter's club and stuff.
i remember when disney was a cable channel, not a regular chanel, and disney would do like a free preview week on regular tv cable. i loved watching those shows!

I forgot about the Babysitter's Club! I read the books too.

babysitters.jpg

dude4-incredibleshrinkingted.jpg

1.spears.mickey.jpg

Who knew Ryan Gosling would turn out to be so hot?

SwansCrossingEpisodesCast.jpg

Check out SMG...

bep5.jpg

Look at Fergie from Black Eyes Peas.

07.JPEG

I'm cracking up! You're too good. Swann's Crossing was sooooooooooooo awful!!!!!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I'm cracking up! You're too good. Swann's Crossing was sooooooooooooo awful!!!!! It was so awful that it was too good to not watch.

Originally Posted by Marisol It was so awful that it was too good to not watch. You're so right! I remember how cheap the sets/props looked. I always thought Glory and JT were such a cute couple.

does anyone remember this one tv show from back then:

it was about this boyu who was in a coma and in his dreams he was in this rag tag type of kids gang or something. i remember it was on like the sci fi channel.

i also remember that one sci fi show with the guy who went back in time and in the future to help change things and his helper who always had this calculator thing. lol

and perfect strangers with balkey. my grandma who was like 60-70 or so when i was little, and is filipino LOVED this show. lol. she didn't speak english very well and would want to watch this show. awww... my gandma
icon_smile.gif
:icon_love

i loved hey dude and salute your shorts and that one computer game with the black guy. and GUTS. i always wanted to play that game show, thinking i would do really well in it. lol. and the other one where it was with ancient mayan stuff. lol

i'm sooooooooooooo glad i'm not the only one who remembers Swans Crossing... it was such a favorite show of mine... and i was all full of pride cuz the one chick (can't remember her name but she was the dark haired chick that rode the motorcycle) was from my area...

i also remember:

1. Smurfs cereal - noone i know remembers that but i swear that was the best cereal ever

2. GOOD Saturday morning cartoons - not the crap that comes on briefly now (i mean i spent ALL Saturday morning with cereal and cartoons - classic!!! :icon_love )

3. Jelly Shoes, jelly bracelets, jelly necklaces

4. the leggings that had the attached skirt (the height of late 80's/early 90's fashion)

5. there was this candy called Chews... each piece would be individually wrapped with a picture of a kid on the front and the color of the kids face would signify the color... if u want to find that candy now, u have to go to the ends of the earth and find an old skool 'candy lady'

OH, and i was a BIG Kids Incorporated fan... but who remembers Small Wonder with VICKI the Robot???.... i super loved that show... i really miss the 80s....
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq i'm sooooooooooooo glad i'm not the only one who remembers Swans Crossing... it was such a favorite show of mine... and i was all full of pride cuz the one chick (can't remember her name but she was the dark haired chick that rode the motorcycle) was from my area...
i also remember:

1. Smurfs cereal - noone i know remembers that but i swear that was the best cereal ever

2. GOOD Saturday morning cartoons - not the crap that comes on briefly now (i mean i spent ALL Saturday morning with cereal and cartoons - classic!!! :icon_love )

3. Jelly Shoes, jelly bracelets, jelly necklaces

4. the leggings that had the attached skirt (the height of late 80's/early 90's fashion)

5. there was this candy called Chews... each piece would be individually wrapped with a picture of a kid on the front and the color of the kids face would signify the color... if u want to find that candy now, u have to go to the ends of the earth and find an old skool 'candy lady'

OH, and i was a BIG Kids Incorporated fan... but who remembers Small Wonder with VICKI the Robot???.... i super loved that show... i really miss the 80s....
icon_redface.gif

I remember Small Wonder! Thinking of that show also reminds me of Punky Brewster, also a quality tv show.
I just thought of another one...Square One Television. It was an educational show and had this segment called Mathnet where these math cops solved crimes by using math. lmmfao

AND Kid Video.... gotta remember Kid Video... :icon_love

and all of those "Corey" movies... Corey Feldman and Corey Haim were such a cute combo and i found the time to have crushes on both of them... oh my gosh the crushes... which leads me to remember (drum roll please....)

Tiger Beat (was that the name??)... basically all of those magazines that were 50% tear out posters.... i'll have to scan a pic of my old room at my parents house... the posters were EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Latest posts

Back