I remember.......

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember- McDonalds had the McDLT.. burger on one side, bun and cold stuff on other side.. and it came in .. GASP... STYROFOAM CONTAINERS!

i'm not sure about the show with the boy, but the sci fi show about the guy that went back in time was " Quantum Leap"

Originally Posted by Liz does anyone remember this one tv show from back then:it was about this boyu who was in a coma and in his dreams he was in this rag tag type of kids gang or something. i remember it was on like the sci fi channel.

i also remember that one sci fi show with the guy who went back in time and in the future to help change things and his helper who always had this calculator thing. lol

and perfect strangers with balkey. my grandma who was like 60-70 or so when i was little, and is filipino LOVED this show. lol. she didn't speak english very well and would want to watch this show. awww... my gandma
icon_smile.gif
:icon_love

i loved hey dude and salute your shorts and that one computer game with the black guy. and GUTS. i always wanted to play that game show, thinking i would do really well in it. lol. and the other one where it was with ancient mayan stuff. lol

now you're talking kim. this is the stuff i remember. I'll add ed sullivan, the flip wilson show and welcome back kotter (vinnie barbarino was so hot!)

Originally Posted by Naturally QUANTUM LEAP ...OH YEAH BABY ..with Scot Bakula ..he was the Captain on Enterprise!
I remember ...Beenie & Cecil, I Dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Laugh-In, The Monkees (yes ..I loved them - Davie Jones), who mentioned Smothers Brothers ..ohhhh god that was a good one too! And Carol Burnette show! Oh ..and the GOOD Hollywood Squares!

Nickle candies (and I mean candy bars too), 5 & 10 stores, Skates you needed a key for. Playing tin can alley in the alley! AHHHH ...my youth ..and YES ..I can still remember it!

Originally Posted by monniej now you're talking kim. this is the stuff i remember. I'll add ed sullivan, the flip wilson show and welcome back kotter (vinnie barbarino was so hot!) oooh! ohhhh! oooooh! mr. kottahhhh!!!!!
I remember Little House on the Prairie being on prime time.. and Maude.. wow..Saturday Night Live with Jim Belushi and that bumble bee outfit, CHEE'Burger! Chee'Burger! PEPSI! PEPSI!.. Rubber Biscuit! I loved the Blues Brothers..

the Calvin Klein Jeans commercials.. Sergio Valente.. Jordache! ...

Oh my gosh! I am crackin up reading those! I remember so much of that, especially the Nickelodeon shows!

Oh I remember jelly shoes! I had soooo many pairs. Your feet would get so sweaty and blisters from hell!!! And be careful walking on gravel. Never failed, I would ALWAYS get a rock stuck in the bottom of my jellys!!

Originally Posted by MacForMe oooh! ohhhh! oooooh! mr. kottahhhh!!!!!
I remember Little House on the Prairie being on prime time.. and Maude.. wow..Saturday Night Live with Jim Belushi and that bumble bee outfit, CHEE'Burger! Chee'Burger! PEPSI! PEPSI!.. Rubber Biscuit! I loved the Blues Brothers..

the Calvin Klein Jeans commercials.. Sergio Valente.. Jordache! ...

i still watch little house on the prairie sometimes. and i used to watch it in the morning when i was high school. it was the only thing on in the a.m. that was worth watching. lol. i liked the later episodes when laura was older.

Well if this isn't a thread to show your age
icon_rolleyes.gif
Since I graduated in '88 some of these shows mentioned I have never heard of. But I do remember

Welcome back kotter

happy days

eight is enough

emergency!

Battlestar Gallactica

Mork and Mindy

etc....

I remember before there was cable TV
icon_eek.gif
To get HBO you had a box on top of your TV for flip on.

Atari was awesome! pong, space invaders, pac man, donkey kong, pitfall, some others I cant remember too well.

Kangaroos, jelly shoes, rainbow shirts, mork and mindy suspenders (my 5th grade must have), Chemin de Fer jeans, dittos, jordache, feathered hair.

80's big hair, striped pants, the "rocker" phase- to go along with Cinderella, Rat, twisted sister, Quiet Riot. etc..... other great groups like the cars.

Lowered mini trucks. I remember alot of that in high school.

Oh Friday night roller skating in jr. high.

Regarding another post I remember lost in space, and there was that other one land of the lost, Dr. Shrinker, The bugaloos, and others.

I LOVE THE 80'S!!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

Back