I stumbled on this site..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
icon_razz.gif
Hello to all,

I was surfing for all the different information I could find concerning airbrush makeup artistry and found this site. Glad I did! Anyone with any good suggestions as to where to go for my learning experience, it will have to be in a southeast and I would like to know some reputable makeup lines (this would be for beauty, not fantasy or fx. Thanks!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

As far as your question, there are a lot of knowledgable make-up artists on this site so I am sure that they will be able to recommend something for you.

Happy to have you here!

Originally Posted by Marisol Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.
As far as your question, there are a lot of knowledgable make-up artists on this site so I am sure that they will be able to recommend something for you.

Happy to have you here!

Thank You! Are you in the Beauty Profession or just love everything about it?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi, welcome to MuT! I'm Charmaine from Massachusetts, nice to meet you
smile.gif
Thank you as well!! It is taking me a while to understand how to reply, what to next, ect...I will get the hang of this...eventually.
icon_lol.gif
Are you in the beauty profession?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Sorry I'm not, I just love makeup! Me too!

Hi! I'm Liz from California. Glad you stumbled onto us!

I've never used an airbrush machine though. I've never seen the application of it or seen any makeup that they used with it. I know some of the girls on here know about it.

Just wanted to welcome you!

Originally Posted by turningheads

icon_razz.gif
Hello to all,I was surfing for all the different information I could find concerning airbrush makeup artistry and found this site. Glad I did! Anyone with any good suggestions as to where to go for my learning experience, it will have to be in a southeast and I would like to know some reputable makeup lines (this would be for beauty, not fantasy or fx. Thanks!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey Turning! How are you? Welcome to MakeupTalk, I am Tony from Southern CA.
Happy surfin!

Welcome to MuT ! Just stopped by to say hello, I'm Karen from NY ~ ENJOY !

Hiya TurningHeads! Welcome to MuT. I cant help with your question about airbrushing make up but i hope some of the other girls can help you out.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Rockie Greetings from The Great Pacific Northwest!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
hi turningheads. this is a fun site. lots of wonderful people here!

hey rockie, where are you located in the great pacific northwest? i am from vancouver washington/portland, oregon.

Originally Posted by karrie ann hi turningheads. this is a fun site. lots of wonderful people here!

hey rockie, where are you located in the great pacific northwest? i am from vancouver washington/portland, oregon.

I'm from Longview, WA! Small world huh?
Welcome to MuT Turningheads! I'm Jessica
cool.gif

I know there are several MUA, some work for specific brands and some are freelance...Scarlette, Trisha, Joyeaux, Faces by Niki...oh yeah there was one who worked for Kevyn Aucoin Beauty... her username is KMEFH? Something like that! Liz, did you get on with one of the MU counters you were talking about before? There's probably more ladies I haven't mentioned. The ones I did mention are super helpful and will advise you if they can!
biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard to MUT! I'm from Los Angeles. I love makeup, but I have no knowledge of "airbrush makeup artistry". Maybe some of the ladies here could help you out.

Welcome TurningHeads! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
smile.gif

I have an airbrush - but still have yet to buy airbrush makeup or use it for beauty purposes... I am still learning how to use the thing on paper! lol
icon_redface.gif

But welcome aboard!

Hey Turningheads, welcome aboard! Alright, I am a makeup artist and I just recently started using airbrush techniques. I was going to take a couple workshops to learn maintenance and basic skills, but I went to the trade show in Pasadena and spent about 2 hours talking to and watching a guy who's known for beauty airbrushing and he teaches a class around the country for Kett Cosmetics. After talking to him, I didn't feel I needed to spend $600 on a workshop taught by him. Plus we exchanged emails and we actually chat quite often so I just ask any questions as they come up. I also bought a dvd from Temptu and a book by Pamela Shanteau that helped a bit. I think you just missed a workshop Kett had in GA. You can always contact Kett Cosmetics to see if they have anything coming in your area or if you can get to the DC area, Suzanne Patterson is supposed to be a really good MUA to learn from. As far as airbrush makeup lines, I just purchased 2 full lines to see which ones I would like better...the Kett kit(system and makeup). I like their system because it's lightweight and it's made specifically for beauty application so the psi is really low. The foundations are nice and they work on everyone. I also got the Temptu kit(system and makeup). They have 2 main formulations for the foundations, one is silicone based and the other is a nice light yet durable waterproof formula. I like them both as well. Everyone I spoke to was using the Iwata HP-B brush, so that is the one I purchased along with the SP-35, they both work great on the face. You do need to get some form of training to learn how to use everything properly if you plan on doing makeup on other people with the airbrush and how to mix foundations and how to clean your system properly. If you have any ???s just PM me for more info.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi TurningHeads!

Welcome to THE best makeup site on the PLANET! I just love it here and know you will too. THese ladies and our Computer Guru Tony are the best ever.. Everyone knows something about everything. ITs great. and the support is wonderful

So, Hi! I am Lauryn from NJ. I am addicted to my MAC makeup and i make sure to share it with friends, most now "hate" me in a loving was because i converted them and now they are addicted!

I hope you settle in here and i look forward to your posts...

Lauryn

Hey Karria Ann!

I lived in Vancouver and Camas for about a year...10 years ago! Hoping to go back there in August. Very beautiful area.
icon_smile.gif

Jen

Originally Posted by karrie ann hi turningheads. this is a fun site. lots of wonderful people here!

Hi Jen! that is so cool that you lived here. it is very beautiful. the weather here lately has been so fab! But i must say that you are in for a big surprise if you haven't been here for 10 years. LOTS more people. It's the big city now...lol

maybe if you get out here we could meet up and have a cocktail, coffee or hit the outlet mall in Woodburn. i saw somewhere on this site someone had written about a cco or coc or something like that there. means a cosmetics outlet store, so maybe it's a cos. i will be checking it out soon and will keep you updated on how good it is.

Latest posts

Back