I think I am falling in love with MMU... All over again!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
So I have been using liquid foundation since my wedding which was in May/07... The MA used Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra on me and I ABSOLUTELY loved it so I bought it. I also bought MUFE Mat Velvet foundation which is also fab. So I have been using these 2 and even though they look great, I always have to do a quick powder touch up half way through the day, and by the end of my work day I dont look as polished.

So after watching BE on QVC last week I decided to give MMU another try... And now I wonder, WHY, OH WHY, did I ever stop using MMU in the first place???? LOL. Silly me. Even though Lancome's and MUFE's foundations were awesome, nothing beats the natural finish, and the staying powder of MMU!!!! Used with a primer, it stays all day. Mineral blush also seems to last a lot longer on me compared to pan blushes from MAC or NARS. I just love this stuff and I am falling in love with it again.


Silly, but just thought I would share. LOL

 
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
0
I understand, you get used to it and forget how good it works..I forget too but I know if I stopped and went back i'd get the same reaction!

 
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
0
Not silly. I did the same thing and started back on MMU in June. I realized how much better I really look with the MMU. It lasts all day on me and I might touch of my powder once during the day. It's very hot and very humid here. I just don't get those results with regular MU

 
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
YAY! glad to hear that, thais! especially since i also LOVE MUFE mat velvet foundation & full cover concealer for the excellent coverage! am curious, which MMU did you finally find comparable or superior to the MUFE?

 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
15,991
Reaction score
2
LOL I thought you're still using it.

I think I should mention this. THANK YOU Thais! You've inspired me to use MMU, and I finally found my HG foundation. I don't have buy those expensive dept store foundation now. Every time I went shopping or seeing new foundation ads, I never really care because I finally found my perfect foundation.

MMU is enough for me!

 
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
207
Reaction score
0
That's great to kow Thais.....I get a little frustrated now and then with mmu, but wind up going back to it. I'm a Lumiere user, but my friend gave me a BE starter kit and I've been using that also. I'm actually liking BE, I have dry skin, and for some reason, I like the "dewey" look that Be tends to give you. I just turned 40 and since I started using MMU, everyone seems to think I look younger. So Yay! for MMU.

Congratulations on your wedding Thais, and Leony you look great! I love MMU on you..............

 

any

Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's great to kow Thais.....I get a little frustrated now and then with mmu, but wind up going back to it. I'm a Lumiere user, but my friend gave me a BE starter kit and I've been using that also. I'm actually liking BE, I have dry skin, and for some reason, I like the "dewey" look that Be tends to give you. I just turned 40 and since I started using MMU, everyone seems to think I look younger. So Yay! for MMU.Congratulations on your wedding Thais, and Leony you look great! I love MMU on you..............

You´re 40?!
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful!
 
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
1,688
Reaction score
0
I'm doing the same thing right now... I haven't been using MMU because I haven't found one that I'm happy with. So I've been using Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Tint or whatever. I found that I get aggravated easlily by having to fool with MMU powder and buffing it in..

 
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
207
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by any /img/forum/go_quote.gif You´re 40?!
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful! Thank you that's so sweet, yeah I just turned 40 on Sept. 9th my hubby through me an "over the hill" party... reality hits me when I look at my 17 year old son and 12 year old daughter LOL!I'm hearing that alot lately, I guess the "40's is the new "20's.........Thanks again for the compliment

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by simplicity /img/forum/go_quote.gif YAY! glad to hear that, thais! especially since i also LOVE MUFE mat velvet foundation & full cover concealer for the excellent coverage! am curious, which MMU did you finally find comparable or superior to the MUFE? My favorite one is Urban Decay's.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL I thought you're still using it. I think I should mention this. THANK YOU Thais! You've inspired me to use MMU, and I finally found my HG foundation. I don't have buy those expensive dept store foundation now. Every time I went shopping or seeing new foundation ads, I never really care because I finally found my perfect foundation.

MMU is enough for me!

WOOOOOHOOoo111111 So glad to hear!!!!! I have my HG too but I get bored with "sameness" every so often so I try something new... Only to come back to my MMU afterwards. LOL
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif glad to have you back to mmu
what brand are you using now? My quick morning routine includes Urban Decay's surreal skin mineral makeup, a touch of BE warmth, Ocean mist finishing powder, and some BE blush.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by any /img/forum/go_quote.gif You´re 40?!
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful! Agreed!
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
2,109
Reaction score
2
grrrr i want to love mmu but nothing beats my chanticalle future skin

 
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
1
Glad to hear thais! You got me hooked on mineral makeup, and I always love when you review a product... I appreciate and listen to your recommendations! You know what's good, and what's not.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Glad to hear thais! You got me hooked on mineral makeup, and I always love when you review a product... I appreciate and listen to your recommendations! You know what's good, and what's not. cute! thanks!
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
9,509
Reaction score
3
Welcome back to the dark side


Hahaha, anyway, I found mmu so much better than regular mu.

 

Latest posts

Top