I think I am falling in love with MMU... All over again!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
vogel.gif
So I have been using liquid foundation since my wedding which was in May/07... The MA used Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra on me and I ABSOLUTELY loved it so I bought it. I also bought MUFE Mat Velvet foundation which is also fab. So I have been using these 2 and even though they look great, I always have to do a quick powder touch up half way through the day, and by the end of my work day I dont look as polished.

So after watching BE on QVC last week I decided to give MMU another try... And now I wonder, WHY, OH WHY, did I ever stop using MMU in the first place???? LOL. Silly me. Even though Lancome's and MUFE's foundations were awesome, nothing beats the natural finish, and the staying powder of MMU!!!! Used with a primer, it stays all day. Mineral blush also seems to last a lot longer on me compared to pan blushes from MAC or NARS. I just love this stuff and I am falling in love with it again.
biggrin.gif

Silly, but just thought I would share. LOL

I understand, you get used to it and forget how good it works..I forget too but I know if I stopped and went back i'd get the same reaction!

Not silly. I did the same thing and started back on MMU in June. I realized how much better I really look with the MMU. It lasts all day on me and I might touch of my powder once during the day. It's very hot and very humid here. I just don't get those results with regular MU

YAY! glad to hear that, thais! especially since i also LOVE MUFE mat velvet foundation & full cover concealer for the excellent coverage! am curious, which MMU did you finally find comparable or superior to the MUFE?

LOL I thought you're still using it.

I think I should mention this. THANK YOU Thais! You've inspired me to use MMU, and I finally found my HG foundation. I don't have buy those expensive dept store foundation now. Every time I went shopping or seeing new foundation ads, I never really care because I finally found my perfect foundation.

MMU is enough for me!

That's great to kow Thais.....I get a little frustrated now and then with mmu, but wind up going back to it. I'm a Lumiere user, but my friend gave me a BE starter kit and I've been using that also. I'm actually liking BE, I have dry skin, and for some reason, I like the "dewey" look that Be tends to give you. I just turned 40 and since I started using MMU, everyone seems to think I look younger. So Yay! for MMU.

Congratulations on your wedding Thais, and Leony you look great! I love MMU on you..............

Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's great to kow Thais.....I get a little frustrated now and then with mmu, but wind up going back to it. I'm a Lumiere user, but my friend gave me a BE starter kit and I've been using that also. I'm actually liking BE, I have dry skin, and for some reason, I like the "dewey" look that Be tends to give you. I just turned 40 and since I started using MMU, everyone seems to think I look younger. So Yay! for MMU.Congratulations on your wedding Thais, and Leony you look great! I love MMU on you..............

You´re 40?!
7b.gif
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful!

I'm doing the same thing right now... I haven't been using MMU because I haven't found one that I'm happy with. So I've been using Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Tint or whatever. I found that I get aggravated easlily by having to fool with MMU powder and buffing it in..

Originally Posted by any /img/forum/go_quote.gif You´re 40?!
7b.gif
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful! Thank you that's so sweet, yeah I just turned 40 on Sept. 9th my hubby through me an "over the hill" party... reality hits me when I look at my 17 year old son and 12 year old daughter LOL!I'm hearing that alot lately, I guess the "40's is the new "20's.........Thanks again for the compliment

Originally Posted by simplicity /img/forum/go_quote.gif YAY! glad to hear that, thais! especially since i also LOVE MUFE mat velvet foundation & full cover concealer for the excellent coverage! am curious, which MMU did you finally find comparable or superior to the MUFE? My favorite one is Urban Decay's.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL I thought you're still using it. I think I should mention this. THANK YOU Thais! You've inspired me to use MMU, and I finally found my HG foundation. I don't have buy those expensive dept store foundation now. Every time I went shopping or seeing new foundation ads, I never really care because I finally found my perfect foundation.

MMU is enough for me!

WOOOOOHOOoo111111 So glad to hear!!!!! I have my HG too but I get bored with "sameness" every so often so I try something new... Only to come back to my MMU afterwards. LOL

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif glad to have you back to mmu
smile.gif
what brand are you using now? My quick morning routine includes Urban Decay's surreal skin mineral makeup, a touch of BE warmth, Ocean mist finishing powder, and some BE blush.

Originally Posted by any /img/forum/go_quote.gif You´re 40?!
7b.gif
I´m pretty sure that I´ve seen more pictures of you than your avatar and I would have guessed 25, maybe 28! You look wonderful! Agreed!

grrrr i want to love mmu but nothing beats my chanticalle future skin

Glad to hear thais! You got me hooked on mineral makeup, and I always love when you review a product... I appreciate and listen to your recommendations! You know what's good, and what's not.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Glad to hear thais! You got me hooked on mineral makeup, and I always love when you review a product... I appreciate and listen to your recommendations! You know what's good, and what's not. cute! thanks!

Welcome back to the dark side
icon_cheers.gif

Hahaha, anyway, I found mmu so much better than regular mu.

Latest posts

Back