i think what i want is a GENTLE body wave

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i want my hair to be loosely wavy~like when you braid it then take it out. my hair is superfried from highliteing but im not giving up highliting. is there a gentle body wave that wont fry my hair too bad and wont be super super super curley?

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i want my hair to be loosely wavy~like when you braid it then take it out. my hair is superfried from highliteing but im not giving up highliting. is there a gentle body wave that wont fry my hair too bad and wont be super super super curley? It really stems from the size of the rods they use... a body wave is pretty much like a loose perm. So see what brands you salon uses, and see if they carry one that is made for damaged/dry/color treated hair. And the smaller the rod they use, the curlier it is.
redface.gif

is there a specific brand thats made for damaged hair that i should inquire about or just a general one?

Originally Posted by ximmaspecial1x I've been wanting the same thing, but I'm not too worried about frying my hair, as I have not highlighted in over a year or so. But about getting it done with loose waves... Is it possible to get that nice beachy blown loose wave type of thing from a perm? I was tortured with tight "french poodle" type of perms as a child, and those days scare and make me not even want to try. So basically I'm asking if it is possible to get a "light" perm, so to speak? Thanks! Well the newer perm solutions are a lot gentler than the ones they used years ago... but - most brands will carry different types of perm solution. They are all somewhat similar, so I'd just see what your salon uses. A perm and a body wave use the same solution. The difference is the size of the rod, where it's placed, and how much hair is wrapped onto the rod. Perms create curl... and body waves can add wave, fix waves you already have that don't fall uniformly, or just to add ... well - body!
wink.gif
As long as they use very large rods, place them properly, and put more hair onto each rod, you should still have no trouble straightening it... but when you want waves or volume, it's there, and you won't have to spend all day with the curling iron.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ximmaspecial1x Well in that case... Doesn't sound too bad at all! I'll definately keep that in mind, and seriously consider it when I get around to my it's-summer-and-i'm-lazy-and-should-try-a-new-look days!
icon_confused.gif
Sounds like a plan!
wink.gif
lol Just ask the salon if they have pictures of the services they've done, and get a thorough consultation - better to know what you're getting that to have an unhappy ending
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back