I wanna cry now I'm so disappointed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really lemming to out abroad now, and I just got some offers in email about really cheap prices to Europe, some limited offers. But the problem is noone wants to/can go with me, I asked probably 10 people already, they don't have money, don't wanna go or just went abroad recently. Not my own bf wants to go with me even
frown.gif

oh chicken that totally sucks!! I WISH I could go.. I'm in the opposite boat, I desperately want to travel but have no money and instead have to watch all my friends go, so by the time I can afford it, they wont want to come with me either.

I hope you find someone to go with you, it's so disappointing when you want to do something like that and no one will join in.

Anyway, if you don't find anyone, you can always go by yourself. My sister went to america and dubai by herself and had an awesome time. Better to go alone than never go at all right?

best of luck honey!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh chicken that totally sucks!! I WISH I could go.. I'm in the opposite boat, I desperately want to travel but have no money and instead have to watch all my friends go, so by the time I can afford it, they wont want to come with me either.
I hope you find someone to go with you, it's so disappointing when you want to do something like that and no one will join in.

Anyway, if you don't find anyone, you can always go by yourself. My sister went to america and dubai by herself and had an awesome time. Better to go alone than never go at all right?

best of luck honey!

agreeded!
smile.gif

I'm not sure if I wanna go alone, will be kind of lonely I think? I've never tried it before and I'm probably scared of it because of that. I usually depend on my bf on reading trainmaps and such

Aww Im sorry Id go with you if I could .. U cant go by yourself? or how about a cousin or family member?

I convinced my bf to go with me, so we're going to London November 24-28, can't wait! Our friend couple is also going on the same time

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif I convinced my bf to go with me, so we're going to London November 24-28, can't wait! Our friend couple is also going on the same time That's great....have a wonderful time!!!

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif I convinced my bf to go with me, so we're going to London November 24-28, can't wait! Our friend couple is also going on the same time Edda, that's great that you found someone to go with you!
But here's another idea: find a fellow MuT member who lives in the area that you want to visit! That way, you will build a broader correspondence, you will make another friend, you can do girly things, and you get to experience a new place with someone who really knows the area, not just expensive tourist trap stuff. You may even be able to stay with them at their home, which reduces your travel bill significantly.

I know I would love to host MuTers that come to Orange County, should the opportunity arise. This is how I was able to travel so cheaply during university breaks. I would just stay at the houses of the international friends I made. I wish when I was in Reykjavik in early 2006, I would have known you and Anna, then we could have met up!

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Edda, that's great that you found someone to go with you!
But here's another idea: find a fellow MuT member who lives in the area that you want to visit! That way, you will build a broader correspondence, you will make another friend, you can do girly things, and you get to experience a new place with someone who really knows the area, not just expensive tourist trap stuff. You may even be able to stay with them at their home, which reduces your travel bill significantly.

I know I would love to host MuTers that come to Orange County, should the opportunity arise. This is how I was able to travel so cheaply during university breaks. I would just stay at the houses of the international friends I made. I wish when I was in Reykjavik in early 2006, I would have known you and Anna, then we could have met up!

Yeah that's a good idea. Didn't know you were in Reykjavík, how did you like it?

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah that's a good idea. Didn't know you were in Reykjavík, how did you like it? Reykjavík was interesting, though we didn't really act like tourists so much. I went to the grocery store (Nettó), it was so freaking expensive, so I was really glad to have stayed with a friend to keep lodging costs down. The food bill alone would have eaten up any leisure-time allotments! Alcohol is expensive too. We just ended drinking at home, and then going out to the dance club.
Then my husband and his friend decided one day that we would hike outside all day. Bad idea. It was so cold and windy, I almost lost my mind (and my fingers and toes). To apologize for dragging me out there, the friend took us to a popular hot spring spot. Very relaxing! I think I can say I really enjoyed the trip. I hoped to make it back earlier this year, but that didn't happen. Maybe sometime next year!

haha, that's terrific - problem solved.

I'm travelling for 2 months at the end of the year to Europe & US on my lonesome. I recon it'll be awesome! You should try =) have some time alone to think, see things, meet new people.

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif I convinced my bf to go with me, so we're going to London November 24-28, can't wait! Our friend couple is also going on the same time YAY! Have fun!

yay! I'm glad you found someone! my sister said she expected to be lonely, but that she actually wasn't. It's not for everyone but sometimes it's ok to get outside your comfort zone and try something new and different!

have an awesome time in london.. I would definately visit madame tussaudes, it was one of my favourite things when I went there!

I went to Spain alone this year for 2 weeks and I never really felt alone and I made some really good friends!

If you go to Spain, Italy or Greece or something like this where people are very friendly - you have no problems being alone. And if you are alone, it gives you a bit time to be with yourself - it is the time everybody needs.

I would suggest you to go! You definitely would not regret it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Reykjavík was interesting, though we didn't really act like tourists so much. I went to the grocery store (Nettó), it was so freaking expensive, so I was really glad to have stayed with a friend to keep lodging costs down. The food bill alone would have eaten up any leisure-time allotments! Alcohol is expensive too. We just ended drinking at home, and then going out to the dance club.
Then my husband and his friend decided one day that we would hike outside all day. Bad idea. It was so cold and windy, I almost lost my mind (and my fingers and toes). To apologize for dragging me out there, the friend took us to a popular hot spring spot. Very relaxing! I think I can say I really enjoyed the trip. I hoped to make it back earlier this year, but that didn't happen. Maybe sometime next year!

Yes I know, everything is VERY expensive here
frown.gif
But I recommend coming in the summer the next time, there's more chance of nice weather, and you can experience the daylight 24/7

Latest posts

Back