I went back to MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this afternoon. This is an obsession of mine.
icon_redface.gif
Anyway,this is what I picked up.

• Belle Azure Magnetique l/g
  • Amplified Cream l/s Double Shot
  • LipLiner HodgePodge
  • ES-Sushi Flower
  • ES-DoveFeather
  • ES-Orb
  • ES-Saddle
  • 4 Pan Palette
  • Nail Polish-Naked Tip
  • Brush Cleaner
  • Three Brushes-213,242,249
I want to build up my MAC brush collection. For those of you who own MAC Brushes are there any that you feel aren't really necessary?Which ones are absolute must haves?

I already have the 150,231,194 and the 222 which I got several years ago. It's a definer brush and I have a retractable lip brush,which is in silver casing. I got these two at the same time.

I think they changed the number on the 222 or something,because it isn't on their website but I do see similar brushes to this one.

Any way,that's my haul. Thanks for your opinions.

Sheridan

You go girl! That is the only reason that I am glad that I live 1 hour in any direction to the nearest Sephora Store! However I have been wondering for about one month what a CCO store is until today ad I found that I only live one hour from one of those as well. I understand that they sell MAC so I may have to go there and make my first MAC purchase. I am a MAC virgin.

great haul!

the brushes MIGHT be different because they sell different brushes at the pro and free standing stores. i know that the counters don't sell all of the brushes.

ditto on the 217. i also like the one that looks like a pencil and has white bristles. a blush brush is good to have. maybe a foundation brush. and flat eye brush to pack on color, something like the 242.

Super haul ,enjoy your goodies.I dont really know the mac brushes that well, i love the kevyn aucoin brushes.

Originally Posted by Trisha Cool haul, you really are obsessed!
essentials

Thanks Alot,Trisha!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyMe You go girl! That is the only reason that I am glad that I live 1 hour in any direction to the nearest Sephora Store! However I have been wondering for about one month what a CCO store is until today ad I found that I only live one hour from one of those as well. I understand that they sell MAC so I may have to go there and make my first MAC purchase. I am a MAC virgin. You will love this line. Something for everyone.

Originally Posted by Liz great haul!
the brushes MIGHT be different because they sell different brushes at the pro and free standing stores. i know that the counters don't sell all of the brushes.

ditto on the 217. i also like the one that looks like a pencil and has white bristles. a blush brush is good to have. maybe a foundation brush. and flat eye brush to pack on color, something like the 242.

Thanks! I am taking notes on this.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Super haul ,enjoy your goodies.I dont really know the mac brushes that well, i love the kevyn aucoin brushes. Those are nice brushes. Expensive as heck but nice.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by x_bronzed_x Their is this brush for cream eyeshadow..its flat..im toolazy to go check..lol but its a reallly exellent brush..you can blend AND apply cream shadow..eamil me and i will tell u the name once i go [email protected] happy to sort of help!..
by the way..i am new to this site so if some of the members coudl help me and tell me really how this works that woudl be really great!

Hi x-bronzed-x,

Thank you and welcome!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi x_bronzed_x, Welcome to MuT
icon_smile.gif
It won't take long to get used to this site.

Originally Posted by x_bronzed_x Their is this brush for cream eyeshadow..its flat..im toolazy to go check..lol but its a reallly exellent brush..you can blend AND apply cream shadow..eamil me and i will tell u the name once i go [email protected] happy to sort of help!..
by the way..i am new to this site so if some of the members coudl help me and tell me really how this works that woudl be really great!

hi! welcome to mut!
i'll private message you in a sec to try to help you out
biggrin.gif

00Mut3.jpg

Welcome X_Bronzed_X! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You can PM me or any other Mod with any questions you might have... no worries!
tongue.gif

Nice haul!

I have four MAC brushes.

- #168 Large Angled Contour Brush: My faces is pretty round and I want to add some countour around my cheeks to make it look more oval. This brush is SOOOOOO easy to use and so soft. I'm in love!

- #190 Foundation Brush: I kind of prefer using my fingers to this. This brush is kind of a pain in the butt for me because I have to wash it every time I use it. And when I do, it takes forever because the foundation doesn't want to wash off from the brush! grrrrr

- #210: I think this brush is discontinued. It's a really find eyeliner brush. Don't like it because it can only do really thing lines. Since I have hooded eyelids, I need a thicker line. Anyway, I much prefer a slanted brush (even from an arts store!) for a thin or a thick line.

- #219 Pencil brush: good for contouring the eye
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Angel Baby Nice haul!I have four MAC brushes.

- #168 Large Angled Contour Brush: My faces is pretty round and I want to add some countour around my cheeks to make it look more oval. This brush is SOOOOOO easy to use and so soft. I'm in love!

- #190 Foundation Brush: I kind of prefer using my fingers to this. This brush is kind of a pain in the butt for me because I have to wash it every time I use it. And when I do, it takes forever because the foundation doesn't want to wash off from the brush! grrrrr

- #210: I think this brush is discontinued. It's a really find eyeliner brush. Don't like it because it can only do really thing lines. Since I have hooded eyelids, I need a thicker line. Anyway, I much prefer a slanted brush (even from an arts store!) for a thin or a thick line.

- #219 Pencil brush: good for contouring the eye
smile.gif

'
Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by x_bronzed_x Their is this brush for cream eyeshadow..its flat..im toolazy to go check..lol but its a reallly exellent brush..you can blend AND apply cream shadow..eamil me and i will tell u the name once i go check.. . [email protected] happy to sort of help!..

Welcome to MUT.

Great haul!

I agree with Trisha on the brushes - they are fab! I couldn't live without them now!

x_bronzed_x - welcome to MUT!

Originally Posted by Bhav Great haul!I agree with Trisha on the brushes - they are fab! I couldn't live without them now!

x_bronzed_x - welcome to MUT!

wink.gif
Appreciate the input!

Originally Posted by Sheridan
wink.gif
Appreciate the input! No problems!

Latest posts

Back