I would love to become a model

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would LOVE to become a model, but there is one problem... I'm only 5ft! Why do they only want tall models! Can't they just make me wear heels?!
b2653a93-2167-3fb5.jpg
b2653a93-217d-c5b5.jpg
b2653a93-2194-fe08.jpg
b2653a93-21bb-486e.jpg
b2653a93-21e7-e584.jpg
Why won't anyone give me ago?!

Well, you've got 3 things going against you.

1) You're too short for the Industry standard. 

2) Your facial bone structure is not angular enough.

3) Your facial features are not symetrical. (eyes are too wide apart and your top lip is too thin compared to your bottom lip).

And I am being nice here. Modelling agencies won't be.

Even if you did have an angular bone sructure and balanced features, number 1 will always trump everything else.

Now don't get me wrong. You are beautiful and have great features, but not for the modelling world. Now if you had more tatts, then you would be a great Suicide Girls model, or for other niche market areas.

The reason agencies want tall models, is because when designers work on their sample or show pieces, they have certain standard requirements and criteria they all use.

You can still model just not do runway. Models are in magazines, websites, etc... Try that!

Vogue Boy works in the industry as a professional MUA so he works on models. Unfortunately he is right, you're very pretty BUT you're too short to work as a fashion model AND unfortunately your current look also restricts you from getting print jobs in normal ads. You could always try local modeling.

Very few people make it to superstar status like Kate Moss.

Your height and look aren't what the high fashion/runway industry want. But that doesn't mean you can't model locally.

Ever heard of a site called modelmayhem? I'm on it and do a few shoots here and there.

Will anything ever come of it? Probably not. But it's fun and I love doing it as a hobby.

I wouldn't aim for a career in it, as very few people get anywhere. But for a hobby, sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Research about it first, see if it's something you think you might be able to do. Then apply to the www.modelmayhem.com. It tells you how to apply for the website. Fill in all the requirements, wait a few days to see if you get denied or approved and off you go!

But before applying, read all the information in the forums.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=117121

^ read it all. ALL OF IT. Useful advice.

Then read all up on TFP, Paid work, etc etc.

And then try as many different facial expressions, poses etc as you can. And find the best angles for you.

AND NO DUCK FACE. No one takes you seriously if you do duck face.

Also be professional. No one likes a diva and word gets around.

Also research the people you work with on shoots, ask for references, talk to other people etc.

And then enjoy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any questions feel free to PM me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's also pin up modeling. My friend is a pin up girl and there's about 12 women in her group, all different shapes and sizes. They do it for fun mostly and don't make much money, but it's also local. They just wrapped up a calendar shoot and proceeds are being donated to a local shelter.

Latest posts

Back