Ice water

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone ,its been almost a month now of working out and and watching my diet.I have learned to stay away from junk,stopped socially smoking and the one thing that i really didnt do befroe is drink water.

If you ask any women with a great bod,most likely she will tell you that she drinks lots of water.Its the ice that really makes the differeance.Drinking ice water forces your system to rev up your metobolism,to keep the body's temp from dropping.For example ,if you drink eight 12 ounce glasses of ice water a day,your body will burn an additional 200 calories a day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Drink water consistently throughout the day,by the time you are really feeling thirsty,you are on you way to being dehydrated.

sometimes what we think is hunger is really thirst.if you have a hard time getting down water in large quatities,flavor it up with some lemon or lime.

Water can provide a feeling of fullness and help the kidneys and liver do their job.

And please dont be fooled into thinking that drinking lots of water will bloat you,Water retention is more likely to be caused by not drinking enough.

So ladies drink away,our systems will work wonderfully and we will have healthy beautiful skin as well!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for posting that info Gwen. I gotta start drinking more ice water! I don't drink near enough.

Originally Posted by leobrat WOW that is really great info. I just recently started drinking more water and I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. That was the only thing I did different.
I know its so amazing ,that it is the simpilist thing to do for a more healthy you.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jen Thanks for posting that info Gwen. I gotta start drinking more ice water! I don't drink near enough. Yourwelcome Jen, I want all the girls on mut to be the glowiest girls around,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I started drinking more water a few years ago and for the first few weeks/ months my skin cleared up, it was pretty impressive.

but now I guess my body is used to all that water (I still drink nothing else but water besides occasional cocktails).

but be careful, drinking too much water can actually be harmful (you gotta drink a whole LOT though to get any negative effects). the cells start to swell b/c they contain too much water (cell edema).

stupid me once tried to drink a huuuge bottle of water as fast as possible and ended up with a huge water filled belly that hurt like crazy.
icon_redface.gif
it was sort of a test to see how much water I can drink

Originally Posted by Arielle I started drinking more water a few years ago and for the first few weeks/ months my skin cleared up, it was pretty impressive.but now I guess my body is used to all that water (I still drink nothing else but water besides occasional cocktails).

but be careful, drinking too much water can actually be harmful (you gotta drink a whole LOT though to get any negative effects). the cells start to swell b/c they contain too much water (cell edema).

stupid me once tried to drink a huuuge bottle of water as fast as possible and ended up with a huge water filled belly that hurt like crazy.
icon_redface.gif

I guess it's one huuuge bottle! lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle I started drinking more water a few years ago and for the first few weeks/ months my skin cleared up, it was pretty impressive.but now I guess my body is used to all that water (I still drink nothing else but water besides occasional cocktails).

icon_redface.gif

Lol ,i definetly wouldnt advice anyone to drink a pool or anything
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Lol ,i definetly wouldnt advice anyone to drink a pool or anything
tongue.gif
smile.gif
*lol* that´s about what I tried to do. I read about the benefits of drinking lots of water in a magazine (I was 13 or so) so I though "oh I want clear skin"
but I guess there are worse things to drink excessively
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle *lol* that´s about what I tried to do. I read about the benefits of drinking lots of water in a magazine (I was 13 or so) so I though "oh I want clear skin"
but I guess there are worse things to drink excessively
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yes indeed,lets try to stay away from drinking 12 ouceglasses of magaritas 8 times a day,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hahahahahahaha arielle!

water is all i drink. i don't remember the last time i had a whole soda or something.

I actually find it much better to drink room temp water...it absorbs into the system much faster and helps rid the body of toxins easier. I really hardly ever drink cold water

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey everyone ,its been almost a month now of working out and and watching my diet.I have learned to stay away from junk,stopped socially smoking and the one thing that i really didnt do befroe is drink water.
If you ask any women with a great bod,most likely she will tell you that she drinks lots of water.Its the ice that really makes the differeance.Drinking ice water forces your system to rev up your metobolism,to keep the body's temp from dropping.For example ,if you drink eight 12 ounce glasses of ice water a day,your body will burn an additional 200 calories a day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Drink water consistently throughout the day,by the time you are really feeling thirsty,you are on you way to being dehydrated.

sometimes what we think is hunger is really thirst.if you have a hard time getting down water in large quatities,flavor it up with some lemon or lime.

Water can provide a feeling of fullness and help the kidneys and liver do their job.

And please dont be fooled into thinking that drinking lots of water will bloat you,Water retention is more likely to be caused by not drinking enough.

So ladies drink away,our systems will work wonderfully and we will have healthy beautiful skin as well!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yeah i heard about that too
smile.gif
ur body burns approx. 15 calories to get it back to it's regular body temp after drinking ice water
smile.gif

Hey Gwen, congrats on sticking to the diet, exercise and quitting smoking!!! I've been trying to do the same thing and it is really hard for me!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey everyone ,its been almost a month now of working out and and watching my diet.I have learned to stay away from junk,stopped socially smoking and the one thing that i really didnt do befroe is drink water.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for posting this info Gwen and congrats on accomplishing so many things at once. I love ice cold water. I have a water cooler in my house which keeps the water so nice and cold but sometimes I even add ice cubes. Sometimes if I am not up to just drinking water and I want something with more flavor, I will put in some sliced lemons. Yummy!

Here is so more info that I found online about the benefits of drinking water.

<table border="0" width="95%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="center" width="100%">Drink to Your Health . . . With Water!

Mother Nature's Healthy "Cocktail"

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Some nutritionists insist that 80% of the country is walking around dehydrated. We drink too much coffee, tea, and sodas containing caffeine, which prompts the body to lose water. More troubling is that fact that when we are dehydrated, we don't know what to drink.

The answer is simple: drink water!

Water is pure liquid refreshment and accounts for a large percentage of what makes each of us "human." The average 150 lb. adult body contains 40 to 50 quarts of water. Almost 2/3rds of our body weight is "water weight":

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">
diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Blood is 83% water

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Muscles are 75% water

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> The brain is 74% water

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Bone is 22% water

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="90%">

The Fountain of Youth, Health, and Everything Else that's Good

Water is necessary for your body to digest and absorb vitamins and nutrients. It also detoxifies the liver and kidneys, and carries away waste from the body. And when it comes to digestion . . . it's just not happening without water. Fiber alone cannot aid proper digestive function by itself. In fact, without water as its partner, good fiber goes bad, causing constipation and extreme discomfort.

If you're dehydrated, your blood is literally thicker, and your body has to work much harder to cause it to circulate. As a result, the brain becomes less active, it's hard to concentrate, your body feels fatigued, and you just "poop out."

Water - The Miracle Worker

Simple water -- when it's pure and free of contaminants -- is truly a "wonder drug." Without chemicals, additives, or anything unnatural, a steady dose of 8 glasses of water a day (ideally ½ your body weight in ounces of water) will:

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Improve Your Energy

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Increase Your Mental and Physical Performance

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Remove Toxins & Waste Products from your body

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Keep Skin Healthy and Glowing

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Help You Lose Weight

diamond.gif
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Reduce Headaches and Dizziness

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif'>http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Allow for proper Digestion

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Help to keep you more Alkaline

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="95%"> Drinking Water is Heart-Healthy

The findings of a six-year study of more than 20,000 healthy men and women aged 38-100 in the May 1, 2002 American Journal of Epidemiology found that women who drank more than five glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from a heart attack during the study period than those who drank less than two glasses. The protective effect of water was even greater in men.

Drinking Water and Weight Loss

Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Doctor F. Batmanghelidj MD, author of "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" says most times your “hunger†is your body asking for water – not food.

It's also important to remember that when the body is dehydrated, fat cells get "rubbery" and cannot be easily metabolized. This means that it's harder to lose when you don't drink your water.

Who Can Benefit From A Water Regimen? Everyone . . . including YOU!

Water is especially important for pregnant women and nursing mothers. For athletes and work-out fanatics, drinking water reduces cardiovascular stress and improves performance. And, since water reduces body temperature, it makes the whole exercise process safer and more effective.

Water is also an important "healing tool" for people with a history of kidney stones. Since water dissolves calcium in the urine, downing at least 8 glasses daily reduces the risk of stone formation. Drinking water is also valuable in preventing urinary tract infections in both men and for women, flushing impurities out of the system.

Even mild dehydration makes you more susceptible to viruses. For someone like me, with an immune system compromised from my battle with terminal cancer, water is a powerful weapon in my war on colds and other illnesses. I've also found that water helps me recover more quickly.

When your body is hydrated, drainage from allergies and colds doesn't stick and collect in your throat and lungs, and your cough is more "productive". Even cold sores that appear on the lips are minimized by drinking water because those eruptions tend to favor dry areas on the body.

Dave’s Tips for Drinking Water

I know how hard it can be to remember to drink enough water every day, but I also know how hard it can be to bounce back from the effects of being even mildly dehydrated. So I'd like to share a few easy tips to help you reach your "water mark" every day:

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> You are naturally thirsty i.e. “dehydrated†in the morning . . . help your body flush out the toxins it has been processing all night and take advantage of this thirst to get a “leg up†on your daily water requirements by drinking a glass of water first thing.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> If you are cold drink warm water instead of dehydrating coffee & tea.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Don't wait until you're thirsty to have a drink – you are already dehydrated if you feel thirsty.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Set a timer to remind yourself to establish a habit of drinking water and keep a bottle of water with you at all times.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" valign="top" width="5%">http://www.betterwayhealth.com/images/diamond.gif</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="90%"> Compensate for diuretics . . . thieves that steal water from your body. If you drink coffee, tea, or sodas with caffeine, you'll need to drink a few extra glasses of water to make up for the water that these diuretic beverages "leech" from your system.

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Source

Thanks Marisol,great post.I swear i feel like standing under a waterfall with my mouth opened,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to not really like to dink water,but im glad there are so many benefits.

I´ve been drinking almost only water for years and personally I didn´t see any changes-but as long as it´s healthy, oh well, it can´t hurt either

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks Marisol,great post.I swear i feel like standing under a waterfall with my mouth opened,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to not really like to dink water,but im glad there are so many benefits. Here you go hun
26_7_6.gif

Very informative post, Marisol. I personally cannot drink warm/room temp water. It has to be ice cold. Even if it is ice cold, I'll put the bottle in the freezer for a few minutes just to make it colder. Warm temp water just doesn't satisfy my thirst. And I can only drink Poland Spring. I don't know what it is, I know water is water, but I just have to have it and I can tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back