If you can't find the right foundation shade...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try to match you neck before you match your face, in most people they are differ. If you can't find that shade...I always go slightly lighter, because it's easier to blend down your neck to have seamless coverage.

I would go lighter because I find it easier to deepen a color by adding some bronzer than to lighten it.

I have the opposite problem of many people...My neck is MUCH darker than my face, so I prefer to match closer to my neck. So I go darker.

Its really from using lots of sunscreen and retinoids on my face only. So my neck is about 5 shades darker. I wear NC27 Mac on my face, but go with NC35 for face to even it out a little bit. But NC35 is about dark as I can go before it makes my face look weird.

I usually have to go lighter. I don't have much of a choice, Im very pale, going darker makes me look orange. I use Ivory, the closest match to my skin without looking like a vampire.

I go lighter... because after a hour or so it set into my skin and it looks like the right color. I believe its called the oxodation(sp) process.

i always go lighter. all makeups oxidize throughout the day and get darker as it mingles with your skin and the environment.

I think I'm the minority here. I'd rather be a little too dark, since I've had bad experiences with having a foundation too light. It's not very flattering when people ask, "You look pale, are you okay?" Hahaha. But this is just from not using any bronzer at all..

Try Silk Naturals so you can mix the foundation yourself and make your own match rather than sampling and not finding what you want. The sample kit doesnt cost that much nor does the full product. Also shipping prices are very low and your package should get to you fast.

Also I've noticed with minerals is pretty easy to get away with going a little lighter that your perfect color. Now liquid foundations and most regular makeup on the other hand look very weird when going lighter and you could pretty much get away with going darker. So give going a little a little lighter a try and if that doesnt work then sample the silk naturals foundation

Originally Posted by dany06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try Silk Naturals so you can mix the foundation yourself and make your own match rather than sampling and not finding what you want. The sample kit doesnt cost that much nor does the full product. Also shipping prices are very low and your package should get to you fast.
Also I've noticed with minerals is pretty easy to get away with going a little lighter that your perfect color. Now liquid foundations and most regular makeup on the other hand look very weird when going lighter and you could pretty much get away with going darker. So give going a little a little lighter a try and if that doesnt work then sample the silk naturals foundation

i think i'm gonna go for it and try silk naturals. they're having a sale too!

I would go lighter.. & sometimes when I try foundation & feel it is making me pale I add a bit of NARS Laguna all over my face for a little warmth.

I'd probably go a shade lighter since you can always warm it up with bronzer and blush.

Back