If you could live anywhere in the US...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where would you live and why?

Just curious since I may be facing this decision soon.
unknw.gif

I love NJ, since it has rural, suburban and beach towns, not to mention the best education. It's so nice in NJ, I like it a lot.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love NJ, since it has rural, suburban and beach towns, not to mention the best education. It's so nice in NJ, I like it a lot. Great choice! I want that as my answer too..
smile.gif

Or North Carolina, California, and Florida

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love NJ, since it has rural, suburban and beach towns, not to mention the best education. It's so nice in NJ, I like it a lot. What parts of NJ are nice areas? The only thing that scares me about the east coast is snow...and driving in it. I'm a bay area girl
frown.gif

Originally Posted by isometh /img/forum/go_quote.gif What parts of NJ are nice areas? The only thing that scares me about the east coast is snow...and driving in it. I'm a bay area girl
frown.gif
Anywhere you go in NJ is nice, actually, most of the state is very suburban. Basically, the state is divided into North and South, two very different places. The north has mountains, very suburban areas, and a bit more rural out in the west. Central NJ is a mean between North and South, and South is mostly either suburbs, a lot of rural space, and beaches on the coast. If you are used to the city, and you like being in that environment, maybe Northern NJ s your best choice, since Northeast NJ is very close to New York City and New York State. If you are looking for a more beachy scene, south Jersey is more for you. The benefits to living in NJ over NYC is more land, and the education is the best in the country. Plus, you can live in a nice suburb and take day trips to NYC.
The snow is not that big of a deal. Depending on where in N you are determines how much snow effects you. Western NJ, no matter where you are, gets the most snow, whereas the farther east you get, the less likely you are to see horrible conditions, though I will not lie, it does get tricky. Driving in the snow is not so bad if you take it easy and have snow tires...it's shoveling snow that is the pain in the ass!

NJ is considered NY's armpit lol

if i could live anywhere, i'd choose to stay here in NY.

UMMM I don't know I guess somewhere along the coast, either one I guess. Just so I could be close to the beach. Thats just fairy tale living though. NO work, just laying at the beach all day! LOL

Honestly, I'd stay right where I am in Northeast Florida. I was born here. I have a huge extended family here also. It's a small city with just enough but close to the larger city of Jacksonville where all the cultural events, sports events and concerts are held. I live 5 minutes from the beach. Winters are mild even though we pay for that in the summer. The only thing I would change if I could would be the humidity. oh and the cost of living which doubled here in the last decade...yuck.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif NJ is considered NY's armpit lol
if i could live anywhere, i'd choose to stay here in NY.

I've noticed that a majority of NYers don't feel that way, actually. It's just a way of hating on someone else to make yourself feel better...it happens everywhere. I live in NYC, an never came across one person who didn't prefer NJ, and I know more people than I can count.
NY is nice, depending on where you go. Love NY State, but that's about it. NYC is overrated, and I can't wait to move back to NJ so I don't have to commute, haha.

Minnesota! For raising a family, definitely. It's got all four seasons, beautiful and pristine fresh water lakes, excellent public education, the most educated adults, one of the best places for health care, AND it's where home and family is, no place is better.

Although, I will enjoy California for a short time.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've noticed that a majority of NYers don't feel that way, actually. It's just a way of hating on someone else to make yourself feel better...it happens everywhere. I live in NYC, an never came across one person who didn't prefer NJ, and I know more people than I can count.
NY is nice, depending on where you go. Love NY State, but that's about it. NYC is overrated, and I can't wait to move back to NJ so I don't have to commute, haha.

I was born and raised in South Jersey. I love it here. I lived in New England for 13 years..also very nice.
New Jersey has so much to offer. It is a great place to live and raise a family.

The snow isn't so bad especially compared to New England.

Good luck in your decision.

add_best_wishes.gif

Quote:
It's just a way of hating on someone else to make yourself feel better...it happens everywhere. was that directly to me? i don't see why i would "hate" on a state.
i used to live in NJ and i prefer NY. i work in NYC, but i'd never live there.

I like Minnesota a lot. I love Chicago. Ideally, I'd like to live in a small town within an hour's drive of a big city.

I actually think suburban NJ is gorgeous (I don't mean downtown Trenton)!!! There is nothing in NY that can compare to it's serenity, and when I think about where to settle a family, hands over fists I would choose NJ suburbs everytime. For those who do make good money, it is a nice place to get away from the bustle.

NY is great for variety and spice and diversity, but... I could never live there on Long Island, it is fine for others but it's definitely not for me.

LOL! "New Jersey: Only the strong survive." lol!

I love NYC for visiting, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle living there.

I hated Florida when my family first moved here (I wanted to move to Colorado), but now I love Florida. After being gone for even a week, it feels great to come back! lol.

Charlotte, NC! Or, I'd definitely go back to Augusta, as boring as it seemed to be, I miss it a lot!

You know, I actually like Tennessee. I lived there for a while, and it wasn't too bad. It is soooo different than what I am used to, and couldn't live there since I am just not that kind of person, but it is beautiful and very serene. The people are very sweet as well.

I like CA, and lived there as well. It is really nothing like you see on TV. CA is a bit romanticized, but I must admit I am in love with Tahoe and San Francisco. (I lived in SoCal though).

All in all, CA wins over TN due to nicer, less harsh weather. I think the people in CA are way more open minded.

Latest posts

Back