I'm back!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven't been around in awhile, so I wanted to say hi
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I (finally) moved over Labor Day weekend, so I am now in OR. I'm pretty much settled in my new apartment, and have internet service again. So I plan to be around and posting some more again!

For anyone who I haven't talked to before, I'm 24 and grew up in southern california. I'm not married but have been with my SO for a long time. I have a BA in English, and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up (and ideas?)

I love nailpolish, esp. OPI and Essie. I'm also a Stila girl, though I also like Urban Decay and some Tony&Tina stuff. I've also started checking out Paul&Joe (they have great lipgloss!) and Becca.

I look forward to talking to everyone
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Hi everyone!I haven't been around in awhile, so I wanted to say hi
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I (finally) moved over Labor Day weekend, so I am now in OR. I'm pretty much settled in my new apartment, and have internet service again. So I plan to be around and posting some more again!

For anyone who I haven't talked to before, I'm 24 and grew up in southern california. I'm not married but have been with my SO for a long time. I have a BA in English, and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up (and ideas?)

I love nailpolish, esp. OPI and Essie. I'm also a Stila girl, though I also like Urban Decay and some Tony&Tina stuff. I've also started checking out Paul&Joe (they have great lipgloss!) and Becca.

icon_biggrin.gif

Hi there Alittleweirdo! We were wondering where you went! I love Oregon! Are you near Ashland, Portland, what area?

Nice to see you again.

P.S. I think you have not met a few of our newest mods. There's KittySkyFish, Irishgirl, Halo, Laura, Julia (Kages_Cupotea) and ShoeDiva. We luvs dem all! Collectively, they know everything in the world.

I'm in the Portland metro area (so not actually in Portland, but one of the suburbs). I love all the different shopping districts in Portland! I'm still learning my way around town though--I already got lost coming home from the mall today!

Originally Posted by Californian Hi there Alittleweirdo! We were wondering where you went! I love Oregon! Are you near Ashland, Portland, what area?

Nice to see you again.

P.S. I think you have not met a few of our newest mods. There's KittySkyFish, Irishgirl, Halo, Laura, Julia (Kages_Cupotea) and ShoeDiva. We luvs dem all! Collectively, they know everything in the world.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Hi everyone!I haven't been around in awhile, so I wanted to say hi
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Well it's about time!!
wink.gif
Welcome back

It's great to see you again! I'm jealous of your location - Oregon is such a beautiful place. *sigh!* How did you and your SO come to decide to live in Oregon?

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I'm in the Portland metro area (so not actually in Portland, but one of the suburbs). I love all the different shopping districts in Portland! I'm still learning my way around town though--I already got lost coming home from the mall today! What a cool area! You have the remote and beautiful lake to go camping and visiting, you have the cool shoppping, the huge and beautiful botanical rose garden from heaven, and get to see the interactive science museum among other cool stuff. ^5 Time to get out and explore! (Just take off your California plates asap- they hate us! LOL)

There you are!!! Missed ya weirdo! WElcome back, we have a much larger following now and having alot of fun. Hopefull you can stay now

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo

Hi everyone!I haven't been around in awhile, so I wanted to say hi
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish It's great to see you again! I'm jealous of your location - Oregon is such a beautiful place. *sigh!* How did you and your SO come to decide to live in Oregon? Well, we were getting tired of living in CA (too crowded and too expensive). So were started thinking about moving, and visited Portland a few times during the last year. It just seemed like a good place for us, since I didn't want to live anywhere that gets alot of snow! I don't mind the rain, but I've never liked snow. And we like all the trees! I was tired of living in the desert, but I also wanted to live near a big city. Maybe eventually I'll visit somewhere else that I'll like better, but this seems nice right now!

Originally Posted by Californian What a cool area! You have the remote and beautiful lake to go camping and visiting, you have the cool shoppping, the huge and beautiful botanical rose garden from heaven, and get to see the interactive science museum among other cool stuff. ^5 Time to get out and explore! (Just take off your California plates asap- they hate us! LOL) I've done a little exploring--and managed to get to Washington Square without getting lost today! I was there for the Nordie's Trend show, but I'll post more on that on the mu board. Last time I was here (on vacation) we went to the Pennisula Rose Garden on the other side of the river, which is really pretty too! I'd love to get married in the big Rose Garden or the Japanese Garden. (and I do need to go to the DMV next week to get a new driver's license and new plates! I haven't had too much trouble with my CA plates though--I think most people up here are originally from CA! I haven't met very many native Oregonians yet!)

I'm thrilled to hear that you moved for the change of scenery.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've done that a few times and it's so fun to try out new areas. Since my teens, I've lived in Arizona, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Texas and now Florida. Texas is by FAR my favorite place! The people are great (Texas-born Texans), the culture is so diverse and lively and it's huge. And has great barbeque!

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Well, we were getting tired of living in CA (too crowded and too expensive). So were started thinking about moving, and visited Portland a few times during the last year. It just seemed like a good place for us, since I didn't want to live anywhere that gets alot of snow! I don't mind the rain, but I've never liked snow. And we like all the trees! I was tired of living in the desert, but I also wanted to live near a big city.

Maybe eventually I'll visit somewhere else that I'll like better, but this seems nice right now!

Glad to have you back! What took you to Oregon? Do you like it there so far? Maybe teaching since you have BA in English? or maybe public relations with a company to help to create their press releases etc?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Glad to have you back! What took you to Oregon? Do you like it there so far? Maybe teaching since you have BA in English? or maybe public relations with a company to help to create their press releases etc? Thanks for the suggestions
smile.gif
I have done alot of tutoring so far, so I've actually been thinking of trying something else. Creating press releases and stuff would be interesting. I guess I'm not sure how public relations and marketing are different. and the best way to try to get into a job like that!
So far I am liking OR. There are a lot more trees and the air is definitely cleaner up here! I also like that it's not as crowded as CA. I lived most of my life in OC, so I was ready for a change. and I liked living in the SF area, but couldn't afford that after college. Parts of Portland remind me of SF, but, in general, I think there is a more casual atmosphere up here. or maybe I'm just not as stressed out, since rent is way more affordable!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back