I'm BACK !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm back!
icon_twisted.gif

Sorry but I was on holidays, I though a lot of MuT, but holidays are without computers for me! lol

How are you all?!

I miss you soooooooooooooooo much!

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Marie-Line I'm back!
icon_twisted.gif
Sorry but I was on holidays, I though a lot of MuT, but holidays are without computers for me! lol

How are you all?!

tongue.gif

Welcome back Marie! Hope you had a good time! We're still good as always - glad you're back!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I was not really on holidays (in my boyfriend's home) but we considered that as holidays. We can't be on holidays because we are both unemployed...
rolleyes.gif

Nice to talk you all again!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Is someone is good in botanic? I have this cactus but I can't find its real name, and so I can't take care completly of it
icon_wink.gif

I think it's a Crassula, but wath kind of crassula? May be Crassula Namaquensis? I am not very sure. I give that complicate name because there are the same in french and english, not as common name.

icon_redface.gif
Thanks a lot girsl, I'm happy to see you ask me so soon!!
cool.gif

PS: all my photos were taken with my new digi camera... lol

Welcome Back!! Hope your holidays went well

Originally Posted by Marie-Line

I'm back!
icon_twisted.gif

How are you all?!

tongue.gif

Welcome back Marie! Let's talk about how Europeans have WAY more vacation holidays than Americans
icon_evil.gif

I'm back!
icon_twisted.gif

How are you all?!

tongue.gif

Europeans are always on holidays! lol

and french work 35 hours per week, rarely more.

But me it's different because I'm unemployed... lol I can't call that "holidays". I can say I took good time in another place with my "fiancé" (my boyfriend)

How are you tony?

Hi Marie, doing well! Wow 35 or less? OMG, some of us Americans are working 60+ hours per week.

What I meant is that Europeans have 8 weeks/year off paid holiday from the employer, right?

Europeans are always on holidays! loland french work 35 hours per week, rarely more.

But me it's different because I'm unemployed... lol I can't call that "holidays". I can say I took good time in another place with my "fiancé" (my boyfriend)

How are you tony?

8? oh yes, may be. But in tourism industries we work also around 50 hour per week. And independant craftsmen also work a lot more than 35 hours, of course.

We had 5 weeks of payed holidays in 1981, so now may be 8.

Hi and welcome back Marie! I love the name Marie...that is my middle name!
icon_smile.gif
I'm sure you and your fiance enjoyed your time together.

The cactus was very neat looking. It looks similar to a Jade plant I have seen.

I do not have any info as to how to take care of it though. You could do a search on the web and probably get some info.

Have a nice day
wink.gif

Jen

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What I meant is that Europeans have 8 weeks/year off paid holiday from the employer, right? Ya right, i should be so lucky. That's not the case in Ireland. We usually get about 24/25 days holidays & if your office closes for 2 weeks over Xmas some of your paid holiday leave comes out of that. Think overall most people get about 20/21 days. How many days holidays do you guys in the US get?

Oh your kidding right? If you are new on a job, less than 1-2 years, you MIGHT get 1 week paid off (5 days). MIGHT! Alot of companies will give you more if you have been there like 15-20 years, but usually the MAX anyone ever gets is like 4 weeks paid vacation days. We are not like Europe with paid holidays

Originally Posted by Laura

Ya right, i should be so lucky. That's not the case in Ireland. We usually get about 24/25 days holidays & if your office closes for 2 weeks over Xmas some of your paid holiday leave comes out of that. Think overall most people get about 20/21 days. How many days holidays do you guys in the US get?

Ok well the rest of Europe must get great holidays so compared to us in Ireland. Everyone is always giving out here that we don't have good holidays

hi, marie! welcome back!

i'm jennifer from NY. i joined a few days ago and i'm already addicted, so be ready to read my 60 posts a day
wink.gif

Damn! I'm moving to Europe!!! I've been at my job 2 yrs. (although I've worked here before about 5 yrs. ago - I came back again
icon_rolleyes.gif
) Well I get 5 vacation days and 3 personal days... (which are pretty much the same thing) (and then 5 sick days per year that you can carry over if you don't use) And I work 40 hrs. a week - You're lucky Marie!!! Also! I like your new digicam's pics! Now you can take FOTD pictures! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

See, this is what I am talking about. It's quite common that us Americans witch about this subject when we compare to Europe

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Damn! I'm moving to Europe!!! I've been at my job 2 yrs. (although I've worked here before about 5 yrs. ago - I came back again
icon_rolleyes.gif
) Well I get 5 vacation days and 3 personal days... (which are pretty much the same thing) (and then 5 sick days per year that you can carry over if you don't use) And I work 40 hrs. a week - You're lucky Marie!!! Also! I like your new digicam's pics! Now you can take FOTD pictures! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) See, this is what I am talking about. It's quite common that us Americans witch about this subject when we compare to Europe YUP! witch witch witch!!! I'm going on Strike until we get European holidays! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(oh wait... I can't afford to go on Strike! LOL)
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally NO ...you want to know something sick to witch about ..we get so many sick days here where I work ..but if we use them ..each time it's an "occurance" ..and after 3 occurances we get a letter ...we can get a day of suspension if we have TOO many occurances! (example: I am out sick Monday for whatever reason, then again Thursday something else comes up and I'm out sick ..that's 2 occurances) ...HOW STUPID is that? And they are real quick to tell you that you have these BENNIES (sick days) ..oh yeah ..and WHERE is the benefit of that?
I know in Italy ...just about EVERYONE took off for siesta in August ..that was HOLIDAY ...alot of the stores were closed ..because everyone was OFF! NICE! Take a whole month off (only if I get paid too). LOL

Kinda like some insurance companies out here... they sell you glass insurance - but if you break a windshield & get it replaced, they'll cancel you - go figure LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

I love how Europeans call their vacations "holidays." I'm going to start doing that so I can mix it up a bit.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back