I'm Back!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a great week-long "vacation" in beautiful Black Duck Brook, Newfoundland!

The first day we just relaxed, but the next day was spent putting a tarp over the woodshed for our roommate's parents. That was okay though because we feasted on fresh herring and salted herring spawn (yes, fish eggs!) and fresh potatoes just plucked from the ground for supper that evening!!!
biggrin.gif

The second, third and fourth day was spent limbing/sawing firewood. Basically we had to use an ax to cut off the limbs from the wood, this is called "limbing" and then we had to saw the wood to fit the wood stove and store it into the wood shed. My job was to stack the wood onto the saw horse and hold it down while Wes used the chainsaw to trim it. Mike's job was storing the stuff away. I took pics the first day, but I'm not in em cause I had to do laundry that day and Wes & Mike had to do the wood themselves.

By the time we were done with the wood and the roof it was sunday . . . time for Sunday Dinner, a traditional Newfoundland meal that consists of boiled Salt Beef, potatoes, turnip, carrots and cabbage and roasted chicken and stuffing. Soooo good!
biggrin.gif

From Sunday until today it was rainy and icky outside so we just lazed around the house watching TV and playing Star Wars Monopoly
biggrin.gif
Also, on the first 4 nights, when we were done working and in the house, after supper we watched a Harry Potter movie before passing out
biggrin.gif
We watched all four over the first four days
smile.gif

I was nervous to come back because I was thinking the landlord would have been knocking on our door all week. But it seems he has forgotten us . . . he didn't leave us any kind of notice at all.

Our plan now is to just move out before the 1st. We're going to go to black duck brook for at least 2 weeks before heading to Toronto. It could be longer though! But, that's not definite yet and we have alot to do (packing, etc) before monday!

So anyway, Here is a slide of some pics I took! It was a wonderful week, but I missed you guys!! I was stuck with 21k dialup (24k when I got lucky) so I couldn't log on much!!

I had no idea Canada is this beautiful! Glad to have you back posting

hey keester..i love harry potter and star wars haha. my boyfriend hates harry potter so he wouldnt watch it with me
frown.gif
(ok thats a lie he took me to see the new one in the thearter but i basically begged him)

Welcome back girl!

I love those pics! I didn't know that you like Harry Potter too lol.

Glad your back, Kee... Sounds like a great vacayion.. I miss our cottage on the lake in Michigan..... Sigh

You were missed Kee, but boy that looks like a great gettaway! I'm glad the landlord didn't try messing with your place when you were gone. I enjoyed the slideshow.

glad that u had a great time and welcome back honey!!! thanx for sharing the pic' thay are so beautiful

Latest posts

Back