I'm going to New York

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No, not New York City but a ride over there might be good. This Thursday I am going to Fort Drum with my daughter to see her husband before he deploys 11/7. I wasn't going to go but she is petrified to fly by herself. He has a 4 day leave. I reserved 2 hotel rooms. No way in hell I'm staying in the same room as newlyweds who haven't seen each other in 2 months. My daughter is upset about one thing though. She was going to try to get pregnant but he got a smallpox vaccine last week. He can't have unprotected sex for 4 weeks. Now, it could be a year before she sees him again. I'm leaving the 1st and will get back really late on the 5th. I need to see if the hotel has wireless internet. I have a feeling I might get bored. It's worth it though. She really was so scared to go alone. If no internet, I might go through MUT withdrawal. I'm actually not a fan of flying myself but I have some xanax that I'm saving. More later.

Awww....that's sweet that you're going to support her, but sad that she may not see him for a year?!! That sucks!! So...what's the deal with the smallpox vaccine? Does it cause birth defects or something? Anyway, hope you can log in and visit while you're gone and have a good time!!

Enjoy your time over here as much as you can with your son-in-law leaving. Must be so hard for your family. All the best to you, your daughter, and your brother-in-law.

So sad to have to say........bye for now.......we'll miss you........probably not as much as your daughter and son in law!!!

you actually won't be too far from me.....I'm just across the border from Fort

Drum!!

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awww....that's sweet that you're going to support her, but sad that she may not see him for a year?!! That sucks!! So...what's the deal with the smallpox vaccine? Does it cause birth defects or something? Anyway, hope you can log in and visit while you're gone and have a good time!! The smallpox vaccine is a live virus and it is contagious. People that get it have to wait until the scab falls off before it is considered safe. He is supposed to keep it covered. I did a little research and the instance of it passing mother to fetus after the mother has been exposed is low but I'd especially hate it to be my grandchild that is that low percentage that could be affected. My daughter really is crushed though. I feel so bad for her.

good luck and i hope they have fun. i feel bad they can't conceive yet
frown.gif

i just googled fort drum, wondering where it was in NY, and it's 5 hours and 45 minutes from my house. oh, well
frown.gif

that's nice you're going with her. have fun. that's too bad they can't conceive yet
frown.gif
. i'm so sorry to hear your son in law's deployed and will be away from you and your daughter. i hope they enjoy those last few days together
smile.gif

Try to see if there is anything you can do to give the lovebirds some time alone but also take advantage of the trip.

Agree with Mar. I'm so sorry about your daughter couldn't conceive this year because of the vaccine
frown.gif
But tell her not to worry much, maybe it's not the right time yet. She'll concieve nexy year if she can't this year.

I've been trying for nearly 7 years now and it never really happened. I'll pray for her good luck!

Anyway, don't forget to enjoy the trip Kelly!

Latest posts

Back